• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Not too bad today.
    Actually, had a great time and my boys bought me lunch afterwards.
    They did shoot up a LOT of MY ammo, but I'm willing to call it good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: That's what it's all about. Wish my boys were closer. Glad you had fun :)

moparmike610

Feb 28, 2017
    Hughesville
    It would be cheaper for DNR to hire an RSO who can keep the morons from shooting up the baffles.

This makes to much like sense

yep, I remember a post saying they went after it reopened in Aug. 2016 baffles allready had damage

The real problem is the range is designed for shooters to actually be sitting , so you get the clowns that don’t know how to aim there firearms while standing , or my favorite where they can’t read the minimum distance is 7yrs (you’ll see people trying to set up in front the first baffle, or using bird shot (hey let’s destroy the target stands) list goes on.

DNR has been watching heavier this year , they have more cameras and a drone they fly over from time to time. So won’t be long till it’s closed

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    MG closing at end of April or sometime during month? Shot there yesterday AM. Nice day for shooting. All benches were full between 9-10 AM, but everyone was cool. Shot my AK and my SKS. Man, I love those rifles. Anyplace outdoors to shoot in SoMD that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    MG closing at end of April or sometime during month? Shot there yesterday AM. Nice day for shooting. All benches were full between 9-10 AM, but everyone was cool. Shot my AK and my SKS. Man, I love those rifles. Anyplace outdoors to shoot in SoMD that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Where did you hear this?

EDIT: Nevermind.

https://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx

"The Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range will be closed from April 22, 2019 through August 20, 2019. The range will be closed for necessary repairs to the baffle structures. Use of the Myrtle Grove Shooting Range will not be permitted during this time."

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    One of these days DNR is going to limit range use to events like Hunter safety classes and 'sight in events' prior to deer season . Morons need to stop doing moron behavior.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    4 months seems excessive.
    Probably be 6 months next time.

4 months is enough time to add 4 more lanes to the far end. Even if only 25yd pistol lanes.

Needs to be an orchestrated, concerted effort to ADD more public ranges in MD.
    Should be TONS of PR funds available, since gun and ammo sales have been off the charts the last decade

And this is what those funds are intended for, vs. what they are being spent on

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Be nice to install a roof over the tables, expand to 16 lanes, and throw down some gravel to prevent the mud pit. Good question, where does all that money go???

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    They plan on resurfacing the slab, getting rid of the shed, installing a pergala over the tanles( not a roof), redoing the baffles not done last time, doing some grading and adding a couple small burms

The problem is they only want to spend less than half what it’s worth and I believe they are tired of catching hell about bullets leaving the range and asshats shooting everything up down there. Hell there’s no way to shoot that upper wood baffle in the back from the tables but it’s shot completely to pieces.

I have heard talk about shutting it down because some folks are just plain stupid.

I have them a price both times because they called and asked me but they hired someone both times that is doing the work for less than the steel would have cost me. Oh well, they get what they pay for, in materials and time of construction

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I talked to Ranger Dan a few years back when the range was closed for repair, they had 20-25k to build a roof over the slab and rebuild the baffles. The Ass-hats in Maryland gov diverted to funds to another project, hope that doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    They need to install some of them CCTV cameras, and have them go back to their Law Enforcement Arm and the nearest open Ranger Station. It always one yahoo that screws it up for everyone.

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    They plan on resurfacing the slab, getting rid of the shed, installing a pergala over the tanles( not a roof), redoing the baffles not done last time, doing some grading and adding a couple small burms

The problem is they only want to spend less than half what it’s worth and I believe they are tired of catching hell about bullets leaving the range and asshats shooting everything up down there. Hell there’s no way to shoot that upper wood baffle in the back from the tables but it’s shot completely to pieces.

I have heard talk about shutting it down because some folks are just plain stupid.

I have them a price both times because they called and asked me but they hired someone both times that is doing the work for less than the steel would have cost me. Oh well, they get what they pay for, in materials and time of construction

My guess is that's from ricochets from shooting standing at a 25 yd target or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom