• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I have a stream out back, and water filtration equipment. Unless we have Coronavirus, a chemical spill AND a drought, I have water covered.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Something I think I will add to my stores is a pump up garden sprayer and some spray able disinfectant. You have seen the videos of the Chinese and Koreans spraying everything. I might want to disinfect something large like maybe a car or a room or even a visiting MDS member.

What would be a good broad spectrum disinfectant that could be sprayed from a garden sprayer?

Sample sprayer:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-1-Gal-Pump-Sprayer-1501HDXA/307766754

My jiu jitsu academy sprays their mats down with those several times a day

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Picked up a year's supply of butter and 2 months of cheese along with a little ground beef - directly from the farm in barter for checking out a used walk in cooler the farmer just bought.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I've been using Spray Nine to disinfect surfaces for years. Also as an on contact insecticide (I will admit to getting pleasure from killing thousands of ants in a few seconds with it). You have to be careful about eating surfaces but its good for other human contact surface disinfecting.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    For the Dr.'s on here, what are the disinfectant wipes you use in the office? Comes in the white canisters with purple tops.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Finished my panic-shopping today. There's cheese in the fridge, and the wine cellar is fully stocked (Ricardo was kind enough to deliver several cases of French provincials on a Sunday; he was tipped handsomely.)

Attachments

• 20200301_170249.jpg
      20200301_170249.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 237

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Last night I dehydrated seven of the big cans of chicken then vacuum sealed them in a quart jar with an oxygen absorber. Today I've canned six pounds of black beans and I canned two pints of blackberries in a homemade blackberry brandy syrup. The local hippie food store had bell peppers on sale so I'm about to start canning a bunch of them.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I was going through some stuff in the basement and found a big pump bottle of GermX hand sanitizer that had got pushed to the back. Expiration date on it was 2011. GermX website says:
    All drugs regulated by the FDA require expiration dates. These dates guarantee the effectiveness of the product. Once the expiration date has passed we cannot guarantee the effectiveness of Germ-X® Hand Sanitizer
    GermX is only 63% alcohol, and alcohol evaporates so I figure by now its below the magic 60% threshold. So consensus ( like MDS ever has a consensus on anything) is to chuck it? It also look like the level is about 1" below where it originally was.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I was going through some stuff in the basement and found a big pump bottle of GermX hand sanitizer that had got pushed to the back. Expiration date on it was 2011. GermX website says:
    GermX is only 63% alcohol, and alcohol evaporates so I figure by now its below the magic 60% threshold. So consensus ( like MDS ever has a consensus on anything) is to chuck it? It also look like the level is about 1" below where it originally was.

So I use hand sanitizer when camping for both starting fires and cleaning hands. Alcohol that’s at least 40% will burn. From what I’ve read (I’m not a doctor), you need at least 50% alcohol to act as a disinfectant.

I’d try burning a small amount and if it lights with a blue flame, I’d trust it.

Of course, if it’s unused/unopened you could probably sell it on eBay for $200.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    So I use hand sanitizer when camping for both starting fires and cleaning hands. Alcohol that’s at least 40% will burn. From what I’ve read (I’m not a doctor), you need at least 50% alcohol to act as a disinfectant.

I’d try burning a small amount and if it lights with a blue flame, I’d trust it.

I heard the magic number was 60%. Maybe one of our experts could weigh in?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Finished my panic-shopping today. There's cheese in the fridge, and the wine cellar is fully stocked (Ricardo was kind enough to deliver several cases of French provincials on a Sunday; he was tipped handsomely.)

I'm GTG except for the alcohol department. Will be making a run next week for hard spirits and diet soda. Diet soda seems to last forever 'cause I'm always in the spirits. :D

Elkridge Costco is completely out of canned black beans.

Love black beans. Am sufficiently stocked up on them. Don't forget hot sauce for them. Cholula or Franks is most excellent when they are liberally doused with that :thumbsup:

Hell, just wash your hands with gasoline (just kidding). Need to get me some Isopropyl alcohol too... the high octane stuff.

Oh, and if you guys are on CPAP with a humidifier... don't forget a couple extra gallons of distilled water.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Need to add some canned smoked oysters with those ritz crackers!

Yes. We are not surviving. We are going to be snacking while surviving.

Got to get me some more sardines. And Saltines :cool:

Keerist... we're all going to get fat. :lol2:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    All aboooooaaaaarrrrrdddd.

Next stop Prepperville.

Pay your conductor as he walks by.

Thanks for traveling the Panic Train.

:innocent0

:D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Last night I dehydrated seven of the big cans of chicken then vacuum sealed them in a quart jar with an oxygen absorber. Today I've canned six pounds of black beans and I canned two pints of blackberries in a homemade blackberry brandy syrup. The local hippie food store had bell peppers on sale so I'm about to start canning a bunch of them.

Curious why you dehydrated canned chicken.
    Is it to save space or preserve it or both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom