• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just picked up a couple more containers of Clorox wipes and Lysol spray at my local Harris Teeter. The shelves are empty but they I've seen them in boxes on pallets on the floor where they should be stocked. Sometimes there's still decent toilet paper and bottled water. Not sure why people keep racing to Costco.

I too am surprised about Costco. Isn’t it a membership club? I’ve never set foot in one.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I too am surprised about Costco. Isn’t it a membership club? I’ve never set foot in one.

Yes but Costco around moco at least is always busier than the avg grocery store by a significant margin to include the craziness of Trader Joe’s during rush hour

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I just picked up a couple more containers of Clorox wipes and Lysol spray at my local Harris Teeter. The shelves are empty but they I've seen them in boxes on pallets on the floor where they should be stocked. Sometimes there's still decent toilet paper and bottled water. Not sure why people keep racing to Costco.

because of the free food samples....while you're prepping for Teowawki

and 1.50 soda and hot dog combo

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I can’t wait to get my Yoder’s meat chunks cans. Unless they’re playing games with the weight (like lots of liquid in the cans or something) it’s only a little more expensive than Wegmans ground beef, and this is precooked with a 10 year shelf life. If it’s good, I’m switching to it full time.

I also ordered a case of Yoders bacon but that’s too expensive to eat all the time.

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    WE were at Costco yesterday and the crowd was about average for Tuesday. For the time being they have suspended the free samples due to the virus but other than that it seemed normal. My wife always keeps her pantry stocked with nonperishables. We keep a case of water especially because that is what I drink when I go fishing or for cookouts, otherwise we drink water from the fridge. At our age we will follow the governments' guidelines on avoiding large crowds but other than that we will do what we normally do.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I can’t wait to get my Yoder’s meat chunks cans. Unless they’re playing games with the weight (like lots of liquid in the cans or something) it’s only a little more expensive than Wegmans ground beef, and this is precooked with a 10 year shelf life. If it’s good, I’m switching to it full time.

I also ordered a case of Yoders bacon but that’s too expensive to eat all the time.

Where did you order it from?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Forget if I posted this yesterday. Wife saw plenty of inexpensive hand sanitizer at the Frederick Aldi store yesterday. Picked up a few small 8 oz bottles but left the rest.

On other forums, I've heard that AutoZone stores seem to be stocked with hand sanitizer.

As per disinfecting surfaces, if you take bleach and make a 10% solution, you can wet paper towels with it as it is effective at inactiving most viruses.

As you've read in this thread earlier, undiluted rubbing alcohol is also effective.

One might want to consider which agent depending on the surface as some might be discolored by diluted bleach.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As posted in the other thread, here's how long the virus (SARS-CoV-2 in the table) can remain infectious on surfaces or as an aerosol ...
    45144468b8269a6d49de37ee49de000d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom