• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Hi, when purchasing a new handgun now, are the currently any delays in the 77R process, or the same 1) submit 77R online and b) pick up at FFL after 7 day wait (unless not approved)? thanks

zigwilliams

Sep 3, 2016
    Southern MD
    Is the gun store open or is it a non-essential business and is closed by the Governor? Or are the state police processing the request ? I don’t know either

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Good question. The way I read the list, FFL’s aren’t on it. Pretty much all retail is shut down. Unless someone knows otherwise? I need to get Livescan fingerprinting done, so I’m in a similar boat. I think you can do a 77R at the MSP, but I think they stopped doing fingerprinting there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    In my case, the FFL operates privately, I would be driving to a friends house. Just checking to see if the normal process is uninterrupted. Thanks....

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Good question. The way I read the list, FFL’s aren’t on it. Pretty much all retail is shut down. Unless someone knows otherwise? I need to get Livescan fingerprinting done, so I’m in a similar boat. I think you can do a 77R at the MSP, but I think they stopped doing fingerprinting there.

Just got reply back from Delegates Chief of Staff after the questioned the Governor's office based on request for information. Assume I wasn't only one, but answer is I can remain open as an FFL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

roadking

Mar 11, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Just got reply back from Delegates Chief of Staff after the questioned the Governor's office based on request for information. Assume I wasn't only one, but answer is I can remain open as an FFL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting. What is your business and where are you located?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As of now. Don’t know. Mine processed normally, but I picked up on Saturday. Some poor guy was on hold for more than 2hrs as the electronic NICS check was down. Not sure if it is back up or not.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    even after the order went up today to close non essential businesses, I saw several local gun shops posting they were advised they are clear to stay open

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    I spoke with the State Police this morning. They advised that Firearms Dealers "do not fall into the category of non essential businesses and may remain open."

In other words, Firearms Dealers are "NOT DISAPPROVED" to stay open. :) HAH.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    I received my Not Disapproved email this morning at 6 AM sharp. Seems that everything is still running just as annoyingly as always.

ianmd11

Apr 4, 2017
    Carroll County
    I spoke with the State Police this morning. They advised that Firearms Dealers "do not fall into the category of non essential businesses and may remain open."

In other words, Firearms Dealers are "NOT DISAPPROVED" to stay open. :) HAH.

HELL YEAH! 2A Wins again!!! :party29:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    I received my Not Disapproved email this morning at 6 AM sharp. Seems that everything is still running just as annoyingly as always.

What day did you do your application? I did one last Tuesday the 17th, and about 6:30 PM and no "not disapproved" this morning.

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    I picked up a rifle at TMGN yesterday and my background check went through in literally 2 minutes.

Dealers process long gun background checks via an online federal system which typically provides a response in a few seconds.

Regulated Firearm background checks are processed by Maryland State Police and usually kick back results by 4th or 5th day. I'm sure with this COVID19 surge, they are probably overwhelmed.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    Doesn't the law say that unless you are disapproved you can get your regulated firearm 7 days after submission of the 77R, whether or not you (and the FFL) have gotten electronic notification of "not disapproved"?
    I kind of assumed that when one electronically submitted the 77R, that some cyber counter was set and the system automatically sent a not disapproved on the 7th day unless the applicant was disapproved.

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    Doesn't the law say that unless you are disapproved you can get your regulated firearm 7 days after submission of the 77R, whether or not you (and the FFL) have gotten electronic notification of "not disapproved"?
    I kind of assumed that when one electronically submitted the 77R, that some cyber counter was set and the system automatically sent a not disapproved on the 7th day unless the applicant was disapproved.

Technically, yes. However, I wait for the background checks to clear by MSP before transferring.

Reference: http://mdrules.elaws.us/comar/29.03.01.13

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom