• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OmegaJoe

Apr 9, 2019
    I think it is important that we as gun owners and W&C permit holders, in a state that it is increasingly harder to attain a W&C, build a repository of G&S's that have made it through. I've had tons of people ask what looks right.

This thread isn't for jokes or how you feel about MD laws, I don't want good things lost in the sauce. My hope is that we get a few business owners, realtors, doctors and nurses post what has been successful for them. The more mainstream wear and carry is the better off we all are!

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I think it is important that we as gun owners and W&C permit holders, in a state that it is increasingly harder to attain a W&C, build a repository of G&S's that have made it through. I've had tons of people ask what looks right.

This thread isn't for jokes or how you feel about MD laws, I don't want good things lost in the sauce. My hope is that we get a few business owners, realtors, doctors and nurses post what has been successful for them. The more mainstream wear and carry is the better off we all are!
    I'll be watching this thread for certain. I have a reason I'd like to try but I'm not sure it'd work, would be nice to hear others that did.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I would like to know if a business manager that doesn't do deposits but has control of cash payments, tools/equipment and high value customer property has any g&s.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would like to know if a business manager that doesn't do deposits but has control of cash payments, tools/equipment and high value customer property has any g&s.

Only if the business owner is on board, says carrying is needed, and is willing to essentially participate in the employee’s process. And the permit will have restrictions.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Start a sole proprietorship and get a traders license. Sell something. Got mine with less than $1000 made in the three months of statements. And that $1000 is not profit. Very minimal profit! Put in the work....business owners now get unrestricted permits.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Pretty much what MSI is already doing . And the Usual Catagories are well known .

Business * OWNERS* and TS Clearences are the unrestricted jackpot .

Everything else work or occupation related requires a letter and interview with Owner/ equivalent REQUESTING the employee to be armed in conjunction with job duties . Employer requests are given broad weight if plausible . And will be for " While conducting business activities as ( your title) for ( your employer ) .

Purely Personal Protection does exist , but has really high bar . With minimal exageration , be a victim of attempted murder that failed And be specifically targeted for follow up attempts by specific wrongdoers who Also are presently on the street to do so .

While nowhere near a fraction of what should be , the W&C is not " increasingly " hard to get , they've be hard to get virtually since the inception of Carry Permits in 1972 . Actually in recent years , the number of active W&C has increased substantially . ( Getting close to doubled , pending a current public information request .)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Despite the opioid crisis, and the violence surrounding the opioid trade, doctors cannot get unrestricted permits.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Pretty much what MSI is already doing . And the Usual Catagories are well known .

Business * OWNERS* and TS Clearences are the unrestricted jackpot .

Everything else work or occupation related requires a letter and interview with Owner/ equivalent REQUESTING the employee to be armed in conjunction with job duties . Employer requests are given broad weight if plausible . And will be for " While conducting business activities as ( your title) for ( your employer ) .

Purely Personal Protection does exist , but has really high bar . With minimal exageration , be a victim of attempted murder that failed And be specifically targeted for follow up attempts by specific wrongdoers who Also are presently on the street to do so .

While nowhere near a fraction of what should be , the W&C is not " increasingly " hard to get , they've be hard to get virtually since the inception of Carry Permits in 1972 . Actually in recent years , the number of active W&C has increased substantially . ( Getting close to doubled , pending a current public information request .)
    What about regular, non TS security clearance? Would that be sufficient? What about working with ITAR on the daily?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    TS is what MSP is looking for on the figurative checklist . TS will receive quasi- automatic approval on the face value .

HPRB would overturn plain Secret on occasion , depending on the specific circumstances .

You can certainly apply , but the totality of your G&S Essay would have to be convincing to either MSP LD , or ALJ .

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    TS is what MSP is looking for on the figurative checklist . TS will receive quasi- automatic approval on the face value .

HPRB would overturn plain Secret on occasion , depending on the specific circumstances .

You can certainly apply , but the totality of your G&S Essay would have to be convincing to either MSP LD , or ALJ .

I have been toying with applying.. Held a TS SCI for over 30 years - current position does not require it so it was not renewed.. Anyone have any experience with similar situations? I was also impacted by the OPM data breach, which I have been told also carries weight with the MSP... Any one able to use that as for a successful G&S?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have been toying with applying.. Held a TS SCI for over 30 years - current position does not require it so it was not renewed.. Anyone have any experience with similar situations? I was also impacted by the OPM data breach, which I have been told also carries weight with the MSP... Any one able to use that as for a successful G&S?

Join MSI*. They will help you through the process.

*Maryland Shall Issue.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    if you have an active TS, on the back of your ccw it says it's valid as long as the holder continues to maintain an active TS clearance. so, without it your kinda sol :/
    you can go contractor (if you're civ) but i would confirm the TS stays active just for that reason lol

Malachi.2.15

Jan 27, 2011
    Is there a gouge package to submit based on the TS? What artifacts need to be included (OPM letter, verification of clearance (not sure how hard that will be to get), anything else)? Is there a standard blurb for the application?

Thanks.

Edit - just saw another thread is discussing this topic.

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    For TS verification, your local security officer will have to sign off on a memo verifying you have daily access to TS material. I applied and the investigator gave me the memo format. I believe there's a copy floating around here somewhere. I believe this is to limit who is approved. A military reservist could have an active clearance but only have access one weekend a month. The restriction placed on mine is maintaining employment with my agency, since your agency is who grants your clearance. If I were to switch agencies I would have to get the restriction changed for that agency. I went to the HPRB when that was thing to try and get that restriction removed but no dice. Other than the employment caveat, I can carry anywhere it's legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom