• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    Judges Callahan (Bush) and Lee (trump) for the win, Judge Lynn (Clinton) dissents.

Regards
    Jack

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    And yet we still have never-Trumpers out there that are so incensed at, say, his limited public speaking vocabulary or willingness to fire/hire for key positions any time and any way he sees fit ... that they'd rather give the 9th back to the far left out of spite. Little victories like this - which may have very far-reaching consequences, ultimately even here in MD - are the payoff for the investment in voting for Trump and tolerating his personality.
    We also have the privilege of enduring bump stock bans and off the cuff comments supporting red flag laws and not liking suppressors

The title he holds is "better than Biden or Killary" in my book. I'd prefer to have a Republican or Libertarian in office who prioritizes the 2A, we haven't had landslide wins for a while now.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Man, if this survives en banc, it's the case we need.

Also, the Trump crowd needs to get real, any GOP president would have made the same judicial picks. I guarantee Trump isn't the guy picking those names out.

The difference is that Bush would’ve tried to placate the Left with some picks or not make as many, whereas Trump is charging full steam ahead in nominations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We also have the privilege of enduring bump stock bans

And avoided a much worse legislative action in that area which would have been harder to reverse down the road, and would have included many more infringements. Congress was ready to do that and more in the wake of multiple mass shootings. Put it in context. The narrow regulatory action was the absolute least thing that could have and otherwise would have happened.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    And avoided a much worse legislative action in that area which would have been harder to reverse down the road, and would have included many more infringements. Congress was ready to do that and more in the wake of multiple mass shootings. Put it in context. The narrow regulatory action was the absolute least thing that could have and otherwise would have happened.
    Just saying it's easy to look past those things when you didn't have a Bumpstock or a suppressor. The authoritarian precedent he's set may very well damage us further when a Democrat is in office that declares semi-auto rifles to be NFA items (which is exactly what Biden has promised to do).

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Awesome!!! More importantly, for his work in the most infringing jurisdiction in the country,

PAGING @wolfwood !!!

How does this 9th circus ruling effect Hawaii? Iirc they have similar state laws.

As others have said, if this survives en banc, it’ll be so cool to watch them eat a plate full of crap too!

That said, here goes a huge run on mags! All that pent up demand on the left coast!

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    https://dl.airtable.com/.attachment...9e63a83234/94d604dc/DuncanvBecerraOpinion.pdf

You read correctly, the 9th Circuit. They found that, even under intermediate scrutiny, it would fail.

so limits null and void until en banc. Would be the opposite if the other side won so how about our side relishing in it...

Based on the opinion, I suspect that the 9CA will vote for an en banc. There is usually a stay issued so the limits will likely still apply until the case is resolved.

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Militia vs military

Our Constitution tells us, as we all know, that a militia is necessary for national security. Therefore, is it not reasonable that we, the militia, should be as well-armed as our military? Given that, then magazine restrictions and tax stamps for full auto firearms are unconstitutional. We don't need no stinkin' permission from the Fed.

Last edited:

wjackcooper

Feb 9, 2011
    “I expect the state to seek en banc review, which the Ninth Circuit may well agree to conduct. Granting en banc would require, basically, a vote of the majority of the Circuit to grant en banc review, and then the case would be reheard by an 11-judge panel consisting of Chief Judge Sidney Thomas joined by 10 judges randomly drawn out of the remaining 28 Ninth Circuit judges. The Ninth Circuit right now has 16 judges appointed by Democrats (including the Chief Judge) and 13 appointed by Republicans, though of course party of appointment is an imperfect predictor of views on this question.”*

The “party of appointment” is almost a perfect “predictor” for Democrats. The last numbers I saw had Democrat Judges ruling against the 2A in over 90% of the cases.

Regards
    Jack

*Scroll down: https://reason.com/volokh/

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Frosh will not allow this to stand.

Perhaps someday he won't be permitted by us to have any power.

Power is only there because we permitted/allowed them. The second they abuse that power we can choose to take it away from them.

Someone who tries to take your guns away from you is your enemy right?
    so...
    Why would you listen to anyone who is telling you that you can't have your guns?
    would you....
    surrender your guns to an enemy?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    No word yet whether CA will appeal for an en banc hearing or whether they will ask a judge to stay the ruling until a full appeal is heard. You can bet CA residents will be ordering as many 10+ capacity magazines as they can find.

It's probably a good or even better time to be a magazine maker or reseller.

Don't get excited fellers. We have been down this road many times. A stay will be issued and then the ruling will be shot down in the enbanc review.

I know trump has appointed many judges to the 9th but the gun grabbers will not let mag restrictions be reversed at all costs. I will guarantee you the enbanc panel will be majority leftists.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    We also have the privilege of enduring bump stock bans and off the cuff comments supporting red flag laws and not liking suppressors

The title he holds is "better than Biden or Killary" in my book. I'd prefer to have a Republican or Libertarian in office who prioritizes the 2A, we haven't had landslide wins for a while now.

Any President can "not like" anything he wants, but it hardly has the force of legislation.

Build on the little victories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom