• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Sometimes your back is against the wall, not matter how hard you try to divert from that situation.

One should choose where they haunt wisely. Because there are assholes everywhere.
    If you walk appropriately this will not happen. But...

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'll read the other posts in a minute, but FYI, I carry two pepper sprays, a knife, a flashlight with booku lumens and Fast Strike shown below. I'm always expecting 2-3 youts and with a breeze to consider with pepper spray and a circle forming around me, I picture the Fast Strike as my first defense. I'll post a youtube video later.

Attachments

• Fast-Strike-Tool.jpg
      Fast-Strike-Tool.jpg
      41.8 KB · Views: 404

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    *****I use these (Kimber Pepper Blaster II) for walking around the neighborhood or whenever I don't or can't CCW. They are very light and very effective with decent range and 2 shots per pistol in case you miss the first time. They are always armed and have a great safety mechanism that makes it intuitive to release before your shots. I also use them when I'm riding my bike in areas where I might get attacked by dogs, etc.. It's just not practical for me to CCW on the bike, even my G43 feels very heavy and cumbersome, etc.. I've had to use them before against a dog attack on a group ride one time and it worked remarkably well and the dog wasn't permanently hurt and clearly understood we meant business and backed off immediately in great distress.

A Taser pulse works well too, though it is bigger than than the Kimber, significantly more expensive and for me the biggest issue is carrying it - I'm just not likely to bother bringing it with me on short walks nor on my bike. I can literally slip the Kimber Pepper into my shorts pocket, no holster or my jersey pocket. I did a self defense class where we had non-lethal options presented and the pulse is a *great* product but it's even bigger than my G43 and if I think I need it, I'd rather have the gun versus a Taser when some nut has a stick, knife, or God forbid a gun vs my Taser... Obviously, not an option for most if you don't have a CCW.

Anyway, below are some pics of the product as well as my CCW firearm, with 6 rounds of Federal 124 grain hollowpoints. I included weights and you can see the size difference, etc... I also have extended mags for my CCW pistol and that makes it even heavier and just not as practical for me for short jaunts or riding my bike, running, etc...

Attachments

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      16.8 KB · Views: 394
    • two.jpg
      two.jpg
      15.5 KB · Views: 393
    • three.jpg
      three.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 399
    • kimber.jpg
      kimber.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 402
    Last edited:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'd be up for a class. I live in the city and I work on my "city face" in the mirror and think I know how to avoid. However, I'm not cocky enough to think a class wouldn't help.

I carry Sabre Red pepper gel around 24/7. No blowback, which is nice.

You can always use a shot of it to augment your chili, if you're man enough.

Ahh, didn't know about the gel and the no blowback. Just ordered 2...thanks Bob :thumbsup:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'll read the other posts in a minute, but FYI, I carry two pepper sprays, a knife, a flashlight with booku lumens and Fast Strike shown below. I'm always expecting 2-3 youts and with a breeze to consider with pepper spray and a circle forming around me, I picture the Fast Strike as my first defense. I'll post a youtube video later.

That is very interesting.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm not getting into a less than lethal class. You'll be sadly disappointed. I think I can make 2 to 3 hours of enlightening conversation about how to not have to use anything. But I'll get into mindset of when or how to use whatever it is you may have. I'll bring a blue gun for those who can carry.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I'm not getting into a less than lethal class. You'll be sadly disappointed. I think I can make 2 to 3 hours of enlightening conversation about how to not have to use anything. But I'll get into mindset of when or how to use whatever it is you may have. I'll bring a blue gun for those who can carry.

Maybe we can have a class and then later, a Bourbon tasting. That would be most excellent way to a good night.

Plus, if anyone went "hands on" with self defense demonstrations, it would be a good way to dull the pain thereafter.... :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Maybe we can have a class and then later, a Bourbon tasting. That would be most excellent way to a good night.

Plus, if anyone went "hands on" with self defense demonstrations, it would be a good way to dull the pain thereafter.... :)
    I'm in

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I will put something together for a Sat. afternoon this fall , I am thinking first week of Nov. Let me get my thoughts together and we will do a bourbon thing as well . We will have 2 times in case some want one event without the other , we will have non-alcoholic drinks as well .

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I will put something together for a Sat. afternoon this fall , I am thinking first week of Nov. Let me get my thoughts together and we will do a bourbon thing as well . We will have 2 times in case some want one event without the other , we will have non-alcoholic drinks as well .

****I've got tons of bourbon. The good stuff we drink after an especially stressful class where I teach. Probably best to drink *after* the class but what do I know... Looking forward to it.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I've been carrying the Pepper Blasters at all times when I leave home since 2008.

I carry a Pepper Blaster when I go walking for exercise. I've had to pull it twice (on dogs) but never had to pull the trigger...

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    The state of Maryland is messed up for sure we all know that they love dead people and don't care about citizens . We see it more and more .

What is legal to defend yourself out and about . Pepper spray ? Mace ?
    Stun Guns ?

I think i know but wanted to provide something for my wife , she is asking .

After you black out for the 3rd time...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I'm in on the class.

And would consider supplying a bottle of Scotch for after.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'd think in addition to the general situational awareness to avoid bad situations in the first place, physical fitness and hand to hand skills have got to rank way up there, probably above many non-lethal defensive tools. Being able to effectively grapple, move, and strike under pressure is pretty important when you may be jumped without having the chance to even get to a tool under some circumstances. A membership to a fighting gym and lots of time put in is cool, since you don't need to worry about leaving your jujitsu at home by accident. Aside from that, a high candela flashlight, pepper spray of some kind that you can practice with, and potentially a quick deploying knife are good options... a tough umbrella or cane can be nice for walks as well.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    Can you imagine sitting on that sidewalk helpless like that truck driver did the other day with them animals taking random pot shots at you. He's lucky to be alive. Any kind of training or weapon would beat that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom