• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I think drastic action is needed to address climate change and see it as the greatest danger in the world today.

Sea level rise is barking up the wrong tree in terms of priority, though check out what’s happening in Bangladesh. Extreme heat events are happening faster than expected. Check out recent dew point records in the Middle East, and record wet bulb temps. Death Valley just hit 130 F.

And I’d say waterfront property is fine as long as it’s not within a few feet of sea level. If you’re rich and connected enough you probably have a couple backup lairs.

Yeah, there is this big enormous ball of fire in the sky. It is responsible for our measurable climate climate changes. Everything else (including human influence) is in the noise. Really.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Sea level rise is barking up the wrong tree in terms of priority, though check out what’s happening in Bangladesh. Extreme heat events are happening faster than expected. Check out recent dew point records in the Middle East, and record wet bulb temps. Death Valley just hit 130 F.

And I’d say waterfront property is fine as long as it’s not within a few feet of sea level. If you’re rich and connected enough you probably have a couple backup lairs.

Were you around in the 70's? If not... hint, ice age is coming! Winter of 76 was a bitch!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    sure thing

I appreciate your responding, but you didn't actually answer the question. I get that YOU may be a flavor of Democrat and not personally like where the far left crazies and city-burning types are going ... but what I'm talking about is where the party, as an organized institution, is going. Or, NOT going. The people who represent you are not pushing back against through action or even calling out the crazies. That's them tacitly endorsing violence, intimidation, and straight up attempted murder in the name of leftist politics ... and the people who run the cities and states where it's happening are embracing it. Encouraging it. Loving it. Doesn't matter what you think, it's what the visible, power-having people in your party do and say. They are totally on board with the insanity.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Center-left here, progressive in many ways still but I’ve been arguing politics alot lately with friends and already regret wading back into this thread. Also increasingly left libertarian these days. I’m probably getting a little more conservative as I get older but I’m just not a traditionalist type by nature. Just trying to say people like me exist, who have left of center views but would love to see antifa rioters launched into the sun. I think extremism is increasing across the board and both parties are pretending they don’t have toxic stuff going on. Centrists like me get nervous in times like these bc we can’t win, no matter what I say if we end up in a civil war someone will want to burn me as a heretic. Lots of mobs forming these days which makes me nervous, maybe it’s bc I’m half jewish but I think I have a pretty good shit’s-hitting-the-fan detector.

So anyway, yeah lots of moderate democrats are useful idiots for what is increasingly looking like a Maoist movement. You can be left of center and abhor groupthink and authoritarianism, which is why I think maybe left-libertarian describes me. Trust me when I say that I value law and order and hate anarchists as much as anyone here, and I don’t think I’m at all unique. My dad is an old school union democrat but also a disabled ww2 combat vet (still alive), so I grew up with a different example than the current liberal stereotype. There’s a spectrum and I’d guess most ppl are near the middle, they’re just hard to hear over the mobs.

Anybody here listen to the Rogan podcast? That’s roughly where I’d say I sit on the spectrum. He’s a left leaning gun guy. I wouldn’t expect someone who likes weed as much as him to vote Republican.

Single best political conversation I’ve heard recently and advocacy for a progressive viewpoint was Eric Weinstein (I’m a big fan of his - his brother is the former Evergreen College professor, Bret) on the Ted Cruz podcast. Honestly I went into it reluctantly bc I thought Ted Cruz was a complete turd. But I have to admit I came out with a different opinion and that I had some media-influenced prejudices. Anyway this is on youtube, Eric makes a case for a third path, he’s still progressive but he wants the adults to start cooperating to fix things. That’s where I am, a society needs its conservatives and for lack of a better word its progressives. When things break down it’s like a cancer growing out of control from both sides.

I really don’t believe in making moral judgements about someone bc of what political group they belong to, or race or whatever- it’s about the individual. Of my core group of friends who go back to college, the political spectrum is christian conservative to progressive hippie. We’re brutal when we argue politics but it’s funny and there’s still love and nobody’s accusing anyone of trying to destroy the country (usually).

If I were a single issue voter things would be easy bc guns, but there are other issues that are important to me and there’s no party in america I can completely get behind. Not saying here how I’m voting. Maybe I’m not even sure yet...

I don't fit well in a party, but I am 100% not supporting Democrats.

Climat change, formerly Global Warming, previously the New Ice Age, is certainly a threat.

It was, in fact, what opened my eyes to the corruption of science by politics. Once the Global Warming crowd started fudging the (deliberately) poorly-collected data to support their position, and their emails to that effect were outed, it became obvious that this was just another scam.

Now there's actual science, and politically correct science, and they do not come to the same conclusions. That bodes ill for the planet, and for mankind. But hey, you want the grants, you support the agenda of the group doling out the cash.

The red flag for me was the fact it has been and is being called an emergency. A scare tactic is a red flag for me when it comes to science, acting fast is another red flag. Most solid science I have witnessed has been methodical and calculating.

Age may have something to do with it. The longer you're alive the more you realize that the wonderful system our Founding Fathers put in place has been corrupted by political greed, corruption, and lifelong politicians.

It seems like the more time goes on, the more people who desire power attempt to break down the check and balance systems in the original planning. I see a parallels in 2A issues to constitutional balance erosion issues. The more I dig into the concepts put for in the late 1700s the more I am blown away at how intelligent and forward thinking the majority of what was written is.

I'm not sure where you stand on this - is it man made or part of the larger climate changes that have happened forever?? Both??

That portion of the Indian subcontinent has had all sorts of weather extremes forever.. - What sort of things are they doing to stem this?

The left makes it a first world problem to implement the "fixes" - I've traveled in that region.. Most places are either filthy or pristine - commoners live in filth.. Money lives in pristine areas.. Building and developing a growing middle class will help all of these countries clean themselves up.. Destroying the strongest economy in the world with the green new deal does nothing to help build the middle class of any of these third world countries.. Does any one the left think China or India are going to implement a green new deal??

The green new deal says absolutely nothing, while at the same time contradicting itself. Its a ridiculous and stupid thing. I cannot believe anyone who has taken the time to read it would ever support it. I think the people who support it don't know how silly the whole thing is.

I appreciate your responding, but you didn't actually answer the question. I get that YOU may be a flavor of Democrat and not personally like where the far left crazies and city-burning types are going ... but what I'm talking about is where the party, as an organized institution, is going. Or, NOT going. The people who represent you are not pushing back against through action or even calling out the crazies. That's them tacitly endorsing violence, intimidation, and straight up attempted murder in the name of leftist politics ... and the people who run the cities and states where it's happening are embracing it. Encouraging it. Loving it. Doesn't matter what you think, it's what the visible, power-having people in your party do and say. They are totally on board with the insanity.

Sir, I am NOT a Democrat. You make me choose a party, Republican 8 days a week 28 hours a day.

There has to be a whole host of moderate or conservative Democrats. I look at PG county and know that super radical left ideas would not fly there. I read about Atlanta and think it has to be the same thing. I talk with folks from SC who are Democrats, and they have a lot in common with what I want and think out of government. They are out there, it would be naïve to think otherwise.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    The green new deal says absolutely nothing, while at the same time contradicting itself. Its a ridiculous and stupid thing. I cannot believe anyone who has taken the time to read it would ever support it. I think the people who support it don't know how silly the whole thing is.

It’s not specific policies that are meant to be implemented to address climate change. The Green New Deal is just a statement recognizing the impact climate change will have and broad goals to alleviate the negative impacts of climate change and stop it from getting worse.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/109/text

(4) to achieve the Green New Deal goals and mobilization, a Green New Deal will require the following goals and projects—

(A) providing and leveraging, in a way that ensures that the public receives appropriate ownership stakes and returns on investment, adequate capital (including through community grants, public banks, and other public financing), technical expertise, supporting policies, and other forms of assistance to communities, organizations, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and businesses working on the Green New Deal mobilization;

(B) ensuring that the Federal Government takes into account the complete environmental and social costs and impacts of emissions through—

(i) existing laws;

(ii) new policies and programs; and

(iii) ensuring that frontline and vulnerable communities shall not be adversely affected;

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    It’s not specific policies that are meant to be implemented to address climate change. The Green New Deal is just a statement recognizing the impact climate change will have and broad goals to alleviate the negative impacts of climate change and stop it from getting worse.

(4) to achieve the Green New Deal goals and mobilization, a Green New Deal will require the following goals and projects—

(A) providing and leveraging, in a way that ensures that the public receives appropriate ownership stakes and returns on investment, adequate capital (including through community grants, public banks, and other public financing), technical expertise, supporting policies, and other forms of assistance to communities, organizations, Federal, State, and local government agencies, and businesses working on the Green New Deal mobilization;

(B) ensuring that the Federal Government takes into account the complete environmental and social costs and impacts of emissions through—

(i) existing laws;

(iii) ensuring that frontline and vulnerable communities shall not be adversely affected;

You actually read it and still support it?

Even if it was implemented the world still has China and India contributing the large majority of the pollution, meanwhile America over here has cut its nose off to spite its face by crippling industry with vague over regulation.

Why do you think Trumps economy was so powerful pre COVID? Deregulation played a big part.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

(i) existing laws;

Very little of the GND has anything to do with the environment, it is merely a massive wealth redistribution scam disguised as saving the environment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Center-left here, progressive in many ways still but I’ve been arguing politics alot lately with friends and already regret wading back into this thread. Also increasingly left libertarian these days. I’m probably getting a little more conservative as I get older but I’m just not a traditionalist type by nature. Just trying to say people like me exist, who have left of center views but would love to see antifa rioters launched into the sun. I think extremism is increasing across the board and both parties are pretending they don’t have toxic stuff going on. Centrists like me get nervous in times like these bc we can’t win, no matter what I say if we end up in a civil war someone will want to burn me as a heretic. Lots of mobs forming these days which makes me nervous, maybe it’s bc I’m half jewish but I think I have a pretty good shit’s-hitting-the-fan detector.

So anyway, yeah lots of moderate democrats are useful idiots for what is increasingly looking like a Maoist movement. You can be left of center and abhor groupthink and authoritarianism, which is why I think maybe left-libertarian describes me. Trust me when I say that I value law and order and hate anarchists as much as anyone here, and I don’t think I’m at all unique. My dad is an old school union democrat but also a disabled ww2 combat vet (still alive), so I grew up with a different example than the current liberal stereotype. There’s a spectrum and I’d guess most ppl are near the middle, they’re just hard to hear over the mobs.

Anybody here listen to the Rogan podcast? That’s roughly where I’d say I sit on the spectrum. He’s a left leaning gun guy. I wouldn’t expect someone who likes weed as much as him to vote Republican.

Single best political conversation I’ve heard recently and advocacy for a progressive viewpoint was Eric Weinstein (I’m a big fan of his - his brother is the former Evergreen College professor, Bret) on the Ted Cruz podcast. Honestly I went into it reluctantly bc I thought Ted Cruz was a complete turd. But I have to admit I came out with a different opinion and that I had some media-influenced prejudices. Anyway this is on youtube, Eric makes a case for a third path, he’s still progressive but he wants the adults to start cooperating to fix things. That’s where I am, a society needs its conservatives and for lack of a better word its progressives. When things break down it’s like a cancer growing out of control from both sides.

I really don’t believe in making moral judgements about someone bc of what political group they belong to, or race or whatever- it’s about the individual. Of my core group of friends who go back to college, the political spectrum is christian conservative to progressive hippie. We’re brutal when we argue politics but it’s funny and there’s still love and nobody’s accusing anyone of trying to destroy the country (usually).

If I were a single issue voter things would be easy bc guns, but there are other issues that are important to me and there’s no party in america I can completely get behind. Not saying here how I’m voting. Maybe I’m not even sure yet...

Well said!!! I’m more centrist than aligning with either party and I too believe both parties have their extreme actors that they turn a blind eye to because it furthers their agendas.

The adults, those willing to work with the other party to solve problems as opposed to
    simply argue about them for more votes, are the ones we need in office but seem to be in short supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Can you name who you feel these adults are from either party?

Even if we stipulate that there is such a person in elected legislative office caucusing with the Democrat party, the people who RUN the caucus (Schumer in the Senate, Pelosi in the House) are definitely not such people. And they completely control the legislative agenda.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Attachments

• D2E54DAB-5833-494B-A3F4-6338F8D35436.jpg
      D2E54DAB-5833-494B-A3F4-6338F8D35436.jpg
      104.1 KB · Views: 205

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Right...

Even if we stipulate that there is such a person in elected legislative office caucusing with the Democrat party, the people who RUN the caucus (Schumer in the Senate, Pelosi in the House) are definitely not such people. And they completely control the legislative agenda.

This is exactly right - they are all spineless and the party leaders hold all the cards...

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I think drastic action is needed to address climate change and see it as the greatest danger in the world today.

As a retired biologist, I am firmly in support of being good stewards of our planet and, as a household, we practice that on many levels. However, and this cannot be stated strongly enough.....

“Correlation does not imply causation”

Every bit of information I have seen, except one, on climate change is correlations based on data collection, often from sources hijacked for that (never intended) purpose. Virtually none of it is experimental science. It can’t be. There is no way to establish a control for a unique planetary climate system.

I liked your letter and thank you for writing it but I doubt it will do much good. The only way, IMO, to keep these people from pushing their agenda is to prevent them from being in a position of power to push it.

Edit: just for grins and giggles, have a look at these (spurious) correlations.

http://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    The 6th district is a nice way to suppress obvious right leaning ideas.

I cannot see the desires of Moco lining up with the desires of western Maryland. I also only see the Rep. catering to Montgomery County. That is a shame, and this is how a majority silences a minority population.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio

Here are some interesting points to think about prior to 2020, especially to my friends on the fence, like moderate Democrats, Libertarians and Independents and the never Trump Republicans and those thinking of "walking away" from the Democratic Party.

Women are upset at Trump's naughty words -- they also bought 80 million copies of 50 Shades of Gray.

Not one feminist has defended Sarah Sanders. It seems women's rights only matter if those women are liberal.

No Border Walls. No voter ID laws. Did you figure it out yet? But wait... there's more.

Chelsea Clinton got out of college and got a job at NBC that paid $900,000 per year. Her mom flies around the country speaking out about white privilege.

And just like that, they went from being against foreign interference in our elections to allowing non-citizens to vote in our elections.

President Trump's wall costs less than the Obamacare website. Let that sink in, America.

We are one election away from open borders, socialism, gun confiscation, and full-term abortion nationally. We are fighting evil.

They sent more troops and armament to arrest Roger Stone than they sent to defend Benghazi.

60 years ago, Venezuela was 4th on the world economic freedom index. Today, they are 179th and their citizens are dying of starvation. In only 10 years, Venezuela was destroyed by democratic socialism.

Russia donated $0.00 to the Trump campaign. Russia donated $145,600,000 to the Clinton Foundation. But Trump was the one investigated!

Nancy Pelosi invited illegal aliens to the State of the Union. President Trump Invited victims of illegal aliens to the State of the Union. Let that sink in.

A socialist is basically a communist who doesn't have the power to take everything from their citizens at gunpoint ... Yet!

How do you walk 3000 miles across Mexico without food or support and show up at our border 100 pounds overweight and with a cellphone?

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez wants to ban cars, ban planes, give out universal income and thinks socialism works. She calls Donald Trump crazy.

Bill Clinton paid $850,000 to Paula Jones to get her to go away. I don't remember the FBI raiding his lawyer's office.

I wake up every day and I am grateful that Hillary Clinton is not the president of the United States of America.

The same media that told me Hillary Clinton had a 95% chance of winning now tells me Trump's approval ratings are low.

"The problem with socialism is that sooner or later you run out of other people's money."- Margaret Thatcher

Maxine Waters opposes voter ID laws; She thinks that they are racist. You need to have a photo ID to attend her town hall meetings.

President Trump said - "They're not after me. They're after you. I'm just in their way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom