• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    That's a very interesting point. I don't own any Class 3 stuff but that's a really intriguing idea.

Ya... just seeing the bolt cycle and hearing a ping and nothing in between... it's a "things that make you go, Huh?" thing...:D

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    AR's and Glocks are my least favorites. They just don't have any soul. I own ARs as tools but not any Glocks. The only time I have shot a Glock it was like shooting a shoebox on a stick. They are good guns, just not for me.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Bummer, I bet a bunch of us would have interest in a PP

Well I don't want to make anyone feel bad! Maybe a little. Here's some salt in the wound. Meet Baroness von Safe Queen:
    walther_pp.jpg

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Well I don't want to make anyone feel bad! Maybe a little. Here's some salt in the wound. Meet Baroness von Safe Queen:
    walther_pp.jpg

Thats very nice , I will one day pick up another PP with a button release like this , right now i just have a sorta rare heel release 9mm eagle N marked

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I have plenty of handguns, but I can’t shoot any of them better than I can my Beretta 92. It is hands down my favorite handgun to take to the range.

I'm that way with my Glock 19 Gen 2... I'm not Glock fan-boy, but there is something about the way that particular gun fits me. I can shoot WAY better with that particular sidearm than any of my other handguns, even ones with much longer barrels.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Beretta 92

I love the way it looks and feels, but shooting it is always unsatisfying. :shrug:

I'm far beyond "meh" on it, I hated that handgun. I like the way look, bit it fits my hand like a well made snow boot.

Since we're discussing handguns, I don't get the mousegun fascination. I know some of you pocket carry but I can't see me doing that. I really can't envision carrying a caliber smaller than 9mm. I plan to retire to a cooler climate and really expect that my Glock 19 might be my retirement carry gun.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    What makes it cool is that it's in .380, right? Most PP's made during that time were chambered in .32 if memory serves. The bluing is just amazing.

Personally my PPK/s in 380 is meh. I have a few PPK. In 32acp which are a delight. Gun was designed around that round and it shows.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Personally my PPK/s in 380 is meh. I have a few PPK. In 32acp which are a delight. Gun was designed around that round and it shows.

Yep, they're downright unpleasant in .380/9mm kurz. Snappy and not terribly accurate. I think Occam's is probably a commercial model built for export, hence, the beautiful bluing and .380 ACP chambering. Every police trade-in PP I ever saw (and purchased) was in .32 and didn't look nearly as nice as his.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yep, they're downright unpleasant in .380/9mm kurz. Snappy and not terribly accurate. I think Occam's is probably a commercial model built for export, hence, the beautiful bluing and .380 ACP chambering. Every police trade-in PP I ever saw (and purchased) was in .32 and didn't look nearly as nice as his.

I bought that .380 PP from a collector who was liquidating. Not sure he ever put a round through it himself. It's not a virgin, but it's in such good shape I can't make myself take any chances with it.

Have shot .380 PPs before, and while I managed to avoid chewing up my hand in the traditional way (being very conscious of the grip), I just assumed that the 400-pound double action pull and the snap-a-licious recoil was just what happens when you make a 380 in that size.

BUT! My considerably smaller, and partly polymer LCP2 is not nearly as unpleasant to shoot in .380, and Mrs Occam's .380 Shield EZ is a total creampuff, though it weighs less than the Walther. I think it's all in them there fancy springs!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    KelTec...goofy looking, more plastic than I care for. May shoot great but meh! The KSG is the only maybe, but just because of the bullpup design and magazine capacity.

Everyone has trained with a certain model of handgun depending on what you did, where and when...I trained on the M9 Beretta. Spent more time on ranges and in shooting houses than most units I served along side of. My go to handgun is my 92F compact. Left handed or right, in whatever lighting conditions its like an extension of my hand/arm. Full size mags in the gun stick out but I've made spacers that fill the gap.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Well, to be fair he is a little guy and probably makes a hard target... but at 86 he's probably moving slower than he used to. Maybe try again? :innocent0

Why, I aughta...:smack:

Attachments

• Batch-5-15-Child-Actors-Who-Died-Way-Too-Early-Scotty-Beckett.jpg
      Batch-5-15-Child-Actors-Who-Died-Way-Too-Early-Scotty-Beckett.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 307

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Practically anything ever made by overpriced and out dated H&K’s..
    Having said that I still really really want a MP5/SP5 and a sorta kinda maybe want a USP in the collection one day ��

Anything ever made by beretta, kinda maybe the Langdon tactical storm if price is a steal as an exception but would honestly just sit and collect dust.

99.99% of all revolvers and shotguns ...I’ll probably look back at this comment in 10yrs and realize it didn’t age well as I compile a decent collection of various makes/models lol

Anything Walther or Taurus ever made

All .22lr, 40s&w, 45cal, handguns/pistols

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom