• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    My "Liberal" wife is finally starting to worry and catching on with the prepper mentality (albeit for fears of the wrong enemy). I'm just gonna roll with it :)

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bought an adaptor hose to connect my Coleman camping stove to a regular propane tank. It gives me more versatility in a grid-down situation.

I just had two order a new one for our grill here. Ours is charcoal but uses propane to start the charcoal chimney. Damned squirrels ate a hole in it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just had two order a new one for our grill here. Ours is charcoal but uses propane to start the charcoal chimney. Damned squirrels ate a hole in it.

****I always keep a spare of these for just this reason. I had squirrels eat mine too. I live near the woods and kind of wonder why the squirrels find the wiring and propane hose appetizing under the grill versus all of the tasty acorns and other associated vegan and gluten free options available so nearby.

MoCo squirrels are nuts.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

i just ordered one and it came yesterday. It has a braided stainless hose.

govwontletmebuycoolguns

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 3, 2010
    DPRM
    ****I always keep a spare of these for just this reason. I had squirrels eat mine too. I live near the woods and kind of wonder why the squirrels find the wiring and propane hose appetizing under the grill versus all of the tasty acorns and other associated vegan and gluten free options available so nearby.

MoCo squirrels are nuts.

Rodents are assholes. They eat the felt lining off the insides of the grill covers, and the rubber off the button on the piezo igniters.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    My "Liberal" wife is finally starting to worry and catching on with the prepper mentality (albeit for fears of the wrong enemy). I'm just gonna roll with it :)

My wife is a democrat, but I wouldn't call her liberal by any stretch. Mainly just a democrat by name only, and Trump hater, but she has been awakened by the riots, and threats of violence if Trump appoints a replacement for RBG. She has been to the range with me once or twice before, but recently asked to go again, and want to know about what I have, and what to shoot thru them. That and the cops being in our neighborhood a few times each week.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Almond and Peanut butter game looking good

Attachments

• DB5E6727-7C43-4650-8398-87E34F47919B.jpg
      DB5E6727-7C43-4650-8398-87E34F47919B.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 334

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland

Attachments

• 20200920_200210.jpg
      20200920_200210.jpg
      104.5 KB · Views: 345

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    I bought more flour, yeast, baking powder, salt, sugar and powdered milk. I always had some stashed away but loaded up as if I'd be baking my own bread.

I did the exact same thing earlier. How were the shelves? Mine were pretty empty. Since this whole COVID thing, baking supplies have been in high demand around my parts

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I did the exact same thing earlier. How were the shelves? Mine were pretty empty. Since this whole COVID thing, baking supplies have been in high demand around my parts

Yeast seemed like it was the most difficult bread ingredient to source last spring. I'm seeing a good bit of everything right now. Some not so good covid news came out today from Europe so I expect more hand wringing here shortly.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    We just bought our forever home last month. After RBG died, decided to move up the bulk of my guns and ammo. Unfortunately, since I don't have a boat yet, they spilled into the lake on the way here.

Finally beginning to stock up on food and non-perishables. The wife is on board. I was never a spam person, but decided to give it a go. Tried some this week, fried and it wasn't too bad. Kind of reminiscent of Taylor's pork roll. I did discover one big problem with spam during a pandemic. Spam burbs while wearing a mask are really disgusting.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    [Kev308];6041375 said:
    Just make sure you don't hit the bone or the blade will bend. My very first whack, cutting a 1" diameter branch off a log for fire wood, bent the blade.

I had one that did the same, and the branch was considerably less than 1". Probably 1/2" to 3/4". I think this tool was designed to chop weeds and that's all, despite the saw on the back of the blade.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    We just bought our forever home last month. After RBG died, decided to move up the bulk of my guns and ammo. Unfortunately, since I don't have a boat yet, they spilled into the lake on the way here.

Finally beginning to stock up on food and non-perishables. The wife is on board. I was never a spam person, but decided to give it a go. Tried some this week, fried and it wasn't too bad. Kind of reminiscent of Taylor's pork roll. I did discover one big problem with spam during a pandemic. Spam burbs while wearing a mask are really disgusting.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I haven't thought of Taylor'sPork Roll in years , I loved it , Spent a summer working for my Uncle in New Jersey and had it on a Hardroll with egg and cheese for breakfast on the way to work . Spam grilled with a good BBQ sauce is tasty

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I stuck one of these kiwi spoons in my desk drawer and find it handy. I’m putting one in my truck bag. It’s simple but helpful if you’re trying to eat a little something and don’t have utensils.

Attachments

• 56A78867-3475-42AB-9334-E06E90C30AA0.jpeg
      56A78867-3475-42AB-9334-E06E90C30AA0.jpeg
      40.6 KB · Views: 319

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads