• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I would urge EVERY MDS member to get the Designated COllector status, and CARRY a copy of the paper with you.
    It allows you much more leeway when carrying firearms as well.

CARRY IT WITH YOU.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I would urge EVERY MDS member to get the Designated COllector status, and CARRY a copy of the paper with you.

CARRY IT WITH YOU.

It has been pointed out on the forum many times that there is no evidence this is true.

The law does not state so, and neither does the designated collector's letter. It may give your defense council a point to argue over at your trial, if you wish to be the test case.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

CARRY IT WITH YOU.

It does not.
    All that it does is allow you to forget about that silly one handgun a month crap.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

CARRY IT WITH YOU.

Where does it say that Designated = Bona Fide?????

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

CARRY IT WITH YOU.

Bad info, DC status does not change rules for transport without a W&C permit.

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I mailed (USPS) my DC on the first of the month and received it by the 2nd or 3rd of the following month. I don't think the C&R app. will come that quick....LOL!

It may. My C&R actually came pretty quick. I sent it in on December 27th and even with the holiday closures in January had it in had on January 30th.

Reezie

Aug 18, 2020
    question about the 1 gun a month restriction. can i buy a gun and have an ffl hold the gun until my 30 days is up? Or do i have to wait the 30 days to make purchase

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    question about the 1 gun a month restriction. can i buy a gun and have an ffl hold the gun until my 30 days is up? Or do i have to wait the 30 days to make purchase

I think you can buy 2 at one time, but you're restricted for 60 days afterward. Probably quicker to get the letter.

For explicit details, check with your FFL to see what they're willing to do.

kool361

Apr 16, 2020
    Damascus
    There is Designated Collector which is a 1 page form that needs to be notarized and then sent to MDSP and is free. Once your approved you get a letter back from MDSP saying that you are approved for that designation. That let's you purchase more then then what is allowed in a 30 day period. It also lets you transport the firearm to more places providing it is still stored properly in your vehicle. The other is the C&R license that you obtain through the ATF and cost $30. This enables you to have C&R firearms shipped directly to your house but doesn't allow you to sell them like an FFL.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The other is the C&R license that you obtain through the ATF and cost $30. This enables you to have C&R firearms shipped directly to your house but doesn't allow you to sell them like an FFL.

However, you are allowed to sell firearms from your collection. You can't do it as a business.

As I read it, selling to upgrade an item is OK; selling to dispose part or all of your collection is OK.
    A regular practice of buying and selling, with profit as a motive, will cause you problems.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There is Designated Collector which is a 1 page form that needs to be notarized and then sent to MDSP and is free. Once your approved you get a letter back from MDSP saying that you are approved for that designation. That let's you purchase more then then what is allowed in a 30 day period. It also lets you transport the firearm to more places providing it is still stored properly in your vehicle. The other is the C&R license that you obtain through the ATF and cost $30. This enables you to have C&R firearms shipped directly to your house but doesn't allow you to sell them like an FFL.

No it does not.

This falsehood pops up like a wack-a-mole game. Every time it appears at least 4 or 5 people show why it is not true, and yet eventually it sticks its head up again.

It was just debunked a few posts ago in this very thread.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

No it doesn't, it simply makes you a designated collector and exempt from the one gun per month restriction. It DOES NOT make you a bona fide collector, per MSP.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No it doesn't, it simply makes you a designated collector and exempt from the one gun per month restriction. It DOES NOT make you a bona fide collector, per MSP.

Seems to me the burden of proof is on MSP to prove I am NOT a bona fide collector.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom