• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    The Ultimate Digital Quad Connect with Bluetooth works well for me. At the $79.99 price, it is worth it. The dials take some getting use to (one for Bluetooth volume, and one for earmuff volume on the same knob).

Q

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    The Ultimate Digital Quad Connect with Bluetooth works well for me. At the $79.99 price, it is worth it. The dials take some getting use to (one for Bluetooth volume, and one for earmuff volume on the same knob).

Q

Thanks for that vote of confidence. I was thinking about those. I have a few sets of electronic ones from various manufacturers. I like all of them but one has much bigger cups than the other two and make rifle shooting more difficult. How do these work out on the rifle bench?

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Thanks for that vote of confidence. I was thinking about those. I have a few sets of electronic ones from various manufacturers. I like all of them but one has much bigger cups than the other two and make rifle shooting more difficult. How do these work out on the rifle bench?

I haven't had any issue with them, but it depends on the style of stock, and how your cheekweld is. If you have a certain cheek (facial) structure, they may be too big and cause them to pull away from your ear.

Q

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I haven't had any issue with them, but it depends on the style of stock, and how your cheekweld is. If you have a certain cheek (facial) structure, they may be too big and cause them to pull away from your ear.

Q

Thanks again. I’m going to get a pair.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I have several pairs of the Razor Slim model. A few for the range and one for hunting. I’ve gotten used to using them while hunting (was kind of annoying at first). The one problem I have with all of them is a complete loss of directionality with the amplified sounds. I have no idea where the subtle footsteps I’m hearing are in relation to where I’m facing, or where the gunshots I hear came from (& how close they actually were to me). Can anyone with more experience with these or other models recommend a different model or trick to use mine better? I like being able to hear 9x better, but that doesn’t help me if I can’t tell where those sounds are emanating from. For those that are curious, this model doesn’t mess with my rifle cheek weld at all.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I have several pairs of the Razor Slim model. A few for the range and one for hunting. I’ve gotten used to using them while hunting (was kind of annoying at first). The one problem I have with all of them is a complete loss of directionality with the amplified sounds. I have no idea where the subtle footsteps I’m hearing are in relation to where I’m facing, or where the gunshots I hear came from (& how close they actually were to me). Can anyone with more experience with these or other models recommend a different model or trick to use mine better? I like being able to hear 9x better, but that doesn’t help me if I can’t tell where those sounds are emanating from. For those that are curious, this model doesn’t mess with my rifle cheek weld at all.

I was originally looking for some Peltor Sports that didn't mess with my cheek weld when I came across Midway's ad.

My progression of electronic muffs was Caldwell, Peltor Sports and Howard Leight Sports. Caldwell's were just ok at $28, so I went big with $100 Peltor and after talking to folks, learned that I wasn't getting anything more sound-wise than the $40 Howard Leight's.

However, I liked the feel and cheek weld of the Peltor's best of all of them. With marketing being what it is I can't now locate what the model is that best duplicates the old Peltor Sports I once had.

I've never had to deal with not knowing where the sounds were coming from with competitive shooting. I can guess you are using your muffs for hunting. Everything on a range COF is much more wide open and if you hear a sound and it's not in front of you, then it's either left or right. So, I have noticed it, but it's not an issue. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    I ordered some of the wrap around neck in ear ones, I'll let you guys know how well they work.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I want what is probably not possible. I want the "bang" to be muffled and still be able to hear range commands. I keep wanting the MSA Sordin muffs thinking they will do that, but I'm not spending $250-$290 to find out I they won't do that.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Most of the higher end electronic muffs do that. They don't sound muffled when people are talking with shooting in the background. The Walker Quads do it.

Q

Dirty_Civilian

Apr 12, 2018
    Here
    I use the Walker's razor slim. No loud noises bleed through, can hear people talk clearly, and no problems shooting from the bench.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Let us know how they fit.

Q

They fit great. Head band extender is a little stiff but I figure it’ll loosen up. One side is master on/off switch which then adjusts gain on that side. The knob on the other side just adjusts the gain on that side. Cups are kind of “plastic-y” but comfortable enough.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    They fit great. Head band extender is a little stiff but I figure it’ll loosen up. One side is master on/off switch which then adjusts gain on that side. The knob on the other side just adjusts the gain on that side. Cups are kind of “plastic-y” but comfortable enough.

Does one side have another ring that controls the Bluetooth if you got that version?

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom