• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020
    Hello all. I gained interest after a good friend of mine that lives in VA took me to the range a couple times and i shot his Ar10, Ar15 and Ar9 Pistol. The 308 is a little too powerful for my wife so i said naw. The current pandemic has slowed down the HQL process so im going with an AR15. Im looking to go 556. I have purchased a complete anderson lower and its should be shipping to the FFL soon. Any advice on finding an HBAR complete upper? :confused: Im really having a hard time of it. Looking to stay around $300

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Welcome from Sykesville!!!!

You have a lot of options. $300 is more on the budget side but that doesn't mean a good rifle!!!! You may have to spend a bit more during the panic, unless you find a smoking deal.

I personally am partial to Del-Ton. I have two of their uppers and have absolutely no complaints. All of their complete uppers are head spaced before shipping. My 20" A2 Upper can punch the ten spot out of a target at 50 with iron sights.

Subscribe to their emails, you may pick up a deal. Here is what you are looking for that is MD compliant.

https://www.del-ton.com/AR-15-Barrel-Assembly-p/dt1007.htm

Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020

You have a lot of options. $300 is more on the budget side but that doesn't mean a good rifle!!!! You may have to spend a bit more during the panic, unless you find a smoking deal.

I personally am partial to Del-Ton. I have two of their uppers and have absolutely no complaints. All of their complete uppers are head spaced before shipping. My 20" A2 Upper can punch the ten spot out of a target at 50 with iron sights.

Subscribe to their emails, you may pick up a deal. Here is what you are looking for that is MD compliant.

Thanks ill have to check them out. What is a more realistic price range?

Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020

I also recall hearing they take weeks to get your product. Any truth to that?

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome.

You picked fine time to buy one Lucille

It will work out. PSA is a great vendor. Because of timing, you’re likely to have to either (or all three) wait longer, pay more, have less choice.

Enjoy your stay.

Was I in PG county, I’d be looking at a brace of GSDs and team of close (by) friends who were previously in the business.

I look back on Bowie in the very early eighties and then the late eighties and know I COULD NEVER GO BACK.

Good luck.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Hello all. I gained interest after a good friend of mine that lives in VA took me to the range a couple times and i shot his Ar10, Ar15 and Ar9 Pistol. The 308 is a little too powerful for my wife so i said naw. The current pandemic has slowed down the HQL process so im going with an AR15. Im looking to go 556. I have purchased a complete anderson lower and its should be shipping to the FFL soon. Any advice on finding an HBAR complete upper? :confused: Im really having a hard time of it. Looking to stay around $300

This one seems to be in stock: https://www.dsarms.com/p-17181-dsa-...rged-front-sight-tower-magpul-handguards.aspx

I am a big fan of the “dissipator” style upper. And exactly your price point.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Palmetto State Armory is shipping sooner, but most of their stock shows out of stock, including their heavy. Gun Broker is another option. But most vendors have already jacked their prices. Give it a shot.

sleepingdino

Mar 13, 2013
    People's Republic of Mont Co
    Welcome and enjoy freedom. If you shoot at the MSAR, try not to go at night!

At that price point, you are really scraping the bottom in this market. Look at Sportsman guide, Atlantic Fireamrs, or DSG Arms for value priced uppers. I bought an upper from DSG Arms for $400 during one of their sales (including a nitrided bolt carrier and charging handle) and have been very happy.

Build out your lower first and there will be plenty of sales by Memorial Day.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    almost went with it. But it doesnt have a bcg or charge handle

Like someone else said, it is a budget upper, but you are on a tight budget.

You can get a BCG from PSA faster than an upper and they are n sale for $70 - https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-5-56-nitride-mpi-full-auto-bolt-carrier-group-516446953.html

DSA charging handle is $15 - or you can ask for one from a member who has replaced a standard one with something fancier and probably get it for free.

Klj5022

Mar 30, 2020
    Welcome and enjoy freedom. If you shoot at the MSAR, try not to go at night!

At that price point, you are really scraping the bottom in this market. Look at Sportsman guide, Atlantic Fireamrs, or DSG Arms for value priced uppers. I bought an upper from DSG Arms for $400 during one of their sales (including a nitrided bolt carrier and charging handle) and have been very happy.

Build out your lower first and there will be plenty of sales by Memorial Day.
    I have been there twice. Whats the dont go at night about? lol

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members