• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atlantic Guns

Industry Partner
    Feb 28, 2019
    Rockville and Silver Spring
    This year Atlantic Guns celebrates it’s 70th year. After 60 years in downtown Silver Spring and 37 years at our present Rockville location we are excited to announce a new chapter in our Company’s history. We will be relocating our 2 current locations and consolidating to a newer and larger location in Rockville.
    Our new store will give us the opportunity to expand our product lines and have more frequent sales events. It will also allow customers from the entire region easy access and ample parking. While we do not have an exact date for the move and opening of our new store we are hopeful it will be sometime in September.
    We appreciate all our old and new customers and are grateful for your tremendous support and patience during the current COVID crisis.
    Please check our website for updates. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    congrats!! wow, leaving DT Silver Spring. Used to go there like in the 80's with my Pop. He worked at Covington Buick as a service advisor. Summertime, I was a car jockey there for the mechanics. Pop would take me to the American Legion for lunch and we would sometimes go to your SS place. Things change. Since up county, I never really got the chance to get back down. Glad you guys are doing well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Congrats - looking forward to seeing the new digs, more toys to look at, more frequent sales ... and the parking!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    All best to you folks.

I'll really miss the Silver Spring location; been going there since the 1970s. See you in Rockville!

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    congrats!! wow, leaving DT Silver Spring. Used to go there like in the 80's with my Pop. He worked at Covington Buick as a service advisor. Summertime, I was a car jockey there for the mechanics. Pop would take me to the American Legion for lunch and we would sometimes go to your SS place. Things change. Since up county, I never really got the chance to get back down. Glad you guys are doing well.

You aren't missing much. The roads are so poorly maintained you could close your eyes and swear you were driving of pavement.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Can't blame you guys for ditching DTSS. I used to live there; lovely place, but no parking near where you were. I imagine it's probably also on the redevelopment list.

I'll be curious to see where you land in Rockville, though.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Be sure to let the folks on this forum know if you need any sort of public support for the move into the new location. Presumably you've got the zoning stuff all worked out, but in today's Cancel Culture, it doesn't take too many Demanding Mommies to create a major stink once they have a target of opportunity. There are plenty of people here who would be willing to write letters to editors, light up comments on social media, or even glad-hand in person if you guys see any friction. At least, I'm pretty sure I'm not just speaking for myself on this! Hope you found a spot amongst other retailers and neighbors that aren't going to give you a hard time. Send up a flare if need be!

Frickn Yahoo

May 19, 2018
    Digging thru my Grandfathers guns, and found recites from his Smith and Wesson handguns. All mid 60's dates and from Atlantic :thumbsup:

Wuntsum

Sep 20, 2018
    I am so glad to hear that. I like both current stores but the downtown store is so difficult to get to and find parking. I can't wait to see the new bigger location.

magwell

Mar 19, 2015
    I wish you well on the move and combining stores. I purchased a G19 police trade in last year at the SS store and parking was a problem.

LUVE

Apr 27, 2020
    Montgomery County, MD
    This year Atlantic Guns celebrates it’s 70th year. After 60 years in downtown Silver Spring and 37 years at our present Rockville location we are excited to announce a new chapter in our Company’s history. We will be relocating our 2 current locations and consolidating to a newer and larger location in Rockville.
    Our new store will give us the opportunity to expand our product lines and have more frequent sales events. It will also allow customers from the entire region easy access and ample parking. While we do not have an exact date for the move and opening of our new store we are hopeful it will be sometime in September.
    We appreciate all our old and new customers and are grateful for your tremendous support and patience during the current COVID crisis.
    Please check our website for updates. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!
    Wishing all of you guys the best! I'm a customer for life regardless of location. Keep providing good business.

Stoic58

Jan 10, 2013
    Silver Spring
    First location was in downtown DC! Looking forward to seeing the new place.

Attachments

• AGI_DC_1950_sm.jpg
      AGI_DC_1950_sm.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 1,104

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom