• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The state of Maryland is messed up for sure we all know that they love dead people and don't care about citizens . We see it more and more .

What is legal to defend yourself out and about . Pepper spray ? Mace ?
    Stun Guns ?

I think i know but wanted to provide something for my wife , she is asking .

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Bunker Biden's stick a shotgun out the window and fire both barrels in the air. Except that is illegal in Montgomery and Howard counties.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I need to do a behavior detection class. It's easier to learn to avoid possible trouble than it is to find yourself in it and not having the balls to use a spray.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I carry Sabre Red pepper gel around 24/7. No blowback, which is nice.

You can always use a shot of it to augment your chili, if you're man enough.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I carry the Taser Pulse almost everywhere. Of course not as good as a firearm, but much better than nothing.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I need to do a behavior detection class. It's easier to learn to avoid possible trouble than it is to find yourself in it and not having the balls to use a spray.

I'd be down for that, It's been half a lifetime since I went through one, and probably need a refresher.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

De-escalation and when to back off whether or not you are in the right is critical. Some years ago I confronted a guy in a business that I was legally an owner or manager of stealing, and when confronted he pulled out a small folding pocket knife and slowly unfolded it. I chose to back off and said “hey ok if you want to go that way I won’t stand in your way”. About 10 minutes later he was in the back of a Baltimore City squad car and I provided a clear description of the knife. Instant armed robbery charge, which when pled down to some degree of assault with his lengthy record gave him 1yr in prison followed by 5yrs probation.

Alternatively I could have likely overpowered him, potentially taken the knife, possibly seriously injured him, but I saw no need. Just because you can win the fight doesn’t mean you should be in the fight.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    De-escalation and when to back off whether or not you are in the right is critical. Some years ago I confronted a guy in a business that I was legally an owner or manager of stealing, and when confronted he pulled out a small folding pocket knife and slowly unfolded it. I chose to back off and said “hey ok if you want to go that way I won’t stand in your way”. About 10 minutes later he was in the back of a Baltimore City squad car and I provided a clear description of the knife. Instant armed robbery charge, which when pled down to some degree of assault with his lengthy record gave him 1yr in prison followed by 5yrs probation.

Alternatively I could have likely overpowered him, potentially taken the knife, possibly seriously injured him, but I saw no need. Just because you can win the fight doesn’t mean you should be in the fight.
    Behavior detection keeps you out of the de escalation phase.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

Sometimes your back is against the wall, not matter how hard you try to divert from that situation.

One should choose where they haunt wisely. Because there are assholes everywhere.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

True- but he ticked me off a bit- he grabbed the items to go conceal five feet away from me. That stuck in my craw for a moment. Such is life in The Greatest City in America as all the benches say.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Only I decide what I carry for my defense. Pepper spray and knives are a must, along with other items that may or may not have the blessing of worthless politicians. "Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom