• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    My daughter has somewhat nervously decided to get an introduction to the use of firearms with some very rudimentary live fire and safety training. We are on the eastern shore. Any ideas about where to find a course like that?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My daughter has somewhat nervously decided to get an introduction to the use of firearms with some very rudimentary live fire and safety training. We are on the eastern shore. Any ideas about where to find a course like that?

Pm mbrudzinski.

Hope I spelled it right.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Oh, and to respond to the thread title I saw:

The first intro course usually means a lot to a woman. She should make sure she’s ready.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore

The first intro course usually means a lot to a woman. She should make sure she’s ready.

Yeah, without knowing the OP or his daughter, I wonder if she's agreed to do this to please him. Hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I'd rather than see something go wrong.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

Dale Hurt, Modern Defense Solutions- he is in Henderson. Really good!

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

If in the Salisbury area look up Atlantic Tactical Firearms Training in Salisbury, MD. IE member Kenpo333

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

*****This is very true. I'm an instructor, and we occasionally have a "Girls and guns having fun" intro class taught by female instructors. They are quite popular and IME for younger women very effective in introducing a traditionally male activity (shooting) into the sport in a much lower pressure environment by instructors they can relate to. Some of our male instructors look very intimidating (SWAT guys, linebacker looking dudes, and biker guys covered in tattoos of skulls, daggers, and unicorns, etc...)

A young persons first class can really make or break their thoughts on whether to continue to learn more or just find something else to do. Having taught a variety of NRA classes for a few years now it has been my experience that women tend to come in to a class with a much more safety and rules oriented desire versus better shooting performance style as men tend to do. There are exceptions, but that's been my experience. Female instructors in my experience have a better intuitive grasp of what a female taking her first class might be thinking than I do.

Dunno if other instructors have had the same experience.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Women on Target does occasional training in the area specifically geared to women. It looks like the scheduled class at AGC in April was canceled, but a google search may turn up others.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I read the title as two words, but thought it was related to the epic thread on internet dating .

But on the topic ; I will put forth that a skilled and knowledgeable Instructor of either sex can succuesfully teach students of either sex . The qualities to be sought are an Instructor knowledgeable and experienced at teaching total beginners .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom