• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    It's been many years since I was a shotgunner but I've been leaning back in that direction. Singles, doubles, and pumps were all I ever wanted to shoot as a teenager. Rifles and handguns have their place but a shotgun is just such a versatile and fun gun. I dusted off the old shotguns and had my family use them and now they are hooked. The wife's new favorite gun is a 12ga pump and my teenager has grown fond of the 410. They've laid claim to them and told me to go get my own :D as if I needed an excuse :innocent0

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The smell of a freshly evacuated shotgun barrel is tantalizing. To this very day.

That smell NEVER gets old.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The smell of a freshly evacuated shotgun barrel is tantalizing. To this very day.

That smell NEVER gets old.

****THIS. I had a range friend bring out one of his heirloom guns, a Perazzi High Tech Warrior recently and that thing is a work of art. Really top notch workmanship with hand made inlays, and extraordinary hand rubbed wood that basically gave me wood. I didn't ask how much it was worth, but pretty sure he wouldn't trade me even up for my Remington 1100 with the tacti-cool light and stock that I have at home.. :lol:

There was a group of guys training some Weimaraners for hunting, and getting them used to gunfire, etc.. and they had some cool shotguns as well, but they seemed more practical in nature as they used the skeet and trap fields. The dogs stayed in their crates nearby. It was pretty cool seeing how different chokes affect pellet spread on the patterning boards they were using. There were guys there that just didn't seem to ever miss - amazing.

The people that make those high end shotguns are artists. The inlays on that Perazzi were so detailed, it showed a Medieval Knight scene with men in suits of armor battling it out. It was my understanding that it was all done by hand and not some CNC machine or other modern high tech - each is unique.

I'm not a shotgun guy but really enjoyed watching the dogs being trained and how the shotgun guys dialed in their equipment. Very different than the high power rifle shooting I'm more accustomed to.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    ****THIS. I had a range friend bring out one of his heirloom guns, a Perazzi High Tech Warrior recently and that thing is a work of art. Really top notch workmanship with hand made inlays, and extraordinary hand rubbed wood that basically gave me wood. I didn't ask how much it was worth, but pretty sure he wouldn't trade me even up for my Remington 1100 with the tacti-cool light and stock that I have at home.. :lol:

There was a group of guys training some Weimaraners for hunting, and getting them used to gunfire, etc.. and they had some cool shotguns as well, but they seemed more practical in nature as they used the skeet and trap fields. The dogs stayed in their crates nearby. It was pretty cool seeing how different chokes affect pellet spread on the patterning boards they were using. There were guys there that just didn't seem to ever miss - amazing.

The people that make those high end shotguns are artists. The inlays on that Perazzi were so detailed, it showed a Medieval Knight scene with men in suits of armor battling it out. It was my understanding that it was all done by hand and not some CNC machine or other modern high tech - each is unique.

I'm not a shotgun guy but really enjoyed watching the dogs being trained and how the shotgun guys dialed in their equipment. Very different than the high power rifle shooting I'm more accustomed to.

Perazzi High Tech SCO Warrior Only $39,900! Shipping not included!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875858262

A standard High Tech goes for around $13,000+.

We’ve converted several serious/diehard rifle guys into Skeetshooters at my club. One used to shoot F-class competitions.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

We’ve converted several serious/diehard rifle guys into Skeetshooters at my club. One used to shoot F-class competitions.

*****Yea. I figured it wasn't just a gun you could go to Walmart and plunk down a couple of Benjamin's and get some change back for a fountain drink...:innocent0 The case it came with was all hand laid wood with the really nice felt inside and individual slots for everything - looked very old school and classic but it's not an old firearm. I'm a complete dolt when it comes to shotguns, but appreciate quality and could see how nice things were blued, and little details like the trigger guard design having inlays on the inside of the guard, and even the special tools it came with for servicing were made of very nice forged and hand finished steel - it must have taken some major man hours to create that thing - probably no pot metal from China anywhere on that gun! :lol:

I can totally see why they priced that shotgun at $39,900 as rounding up to $40,000 would have totally changed things for folks in that market!! :lol:

I bet in Philly. That nice firearm is only worth $50... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLo7tHDHgOc

Nothing feels as good as starting and finishing a flat in your game of choice with a good fitting shotgun. Also helps to hit one now and then. :innocent0
    A shotgun offers a wide variety of pleasant smells because of the variety of load and powder.
    A Boy Scout .22 was my first introduction to guns, so I'm very partial to the specific smell of the 22.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member

39K for that piece of Junque? Wood to metal fit would make an apprentice gunmaker puke. Look at how the forearm protrudes from below the action block and top right and bottom corner of the stock to action are out of whack where they meet.
    The master probably said pimp that thing up and slap another couple of K on it.:innocent0

No wonder they only put two close up images for the auction.:rolleyes:

Just kidding out of my league, but the stocking up really is poorly done in my opinion.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I was really digging semi-autos for a while. I have the "standard" Rem 1100. Impulse buy of a 1100 knock-off, a Charles Daly Field.

My fav is the Benelli M1 Super 90. It was a police trade-in that I picked up from Lou45. It has a blemished barrel, (character), and it's so broke-in that it smoothly eats birdshot Great 3-gun shotgun.

Action shooting stopped the skeet and trap, trap.

OP - A family that shoots together, stays together...(old Gaelic proverb ;)).

Last edited:

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    I feel the same way. Always loved rifles (mainly the AR platform) and a few .22’s I have. But at my cousins bachelor party last year we went trap shooting and I was hooked. Got home and purchased my first shotgun. Can’t get enough of it.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    39K for that piece of Junque? Wood to metal fit would make an apprentice gunmaker puke. Look at how the forearm protrudes from below the action block and top right and bottom corner of the stock to action are out of whack where they meet.

The master probably said pimp that thing up and slap another couple of K on it.:innocent0

No wonder they only put two close up images for the auction.:rolleyes:

Just kidding out of my league, but the stocking up really is poorly done in my opinion.

LOL! They actually leave the stock “proud” to the metal on purpose. In 30 years you can have the stock refinished and have enough wood to work with. These guns are meant to be shot too. Think golf clubs. They’re going to get dinged up a little especially on a Skeet field due to the angle of some of the targets with the broken pieces coming at you. These aren’t wall hangers. Olympic shooters shoot these things. They may or may not have that fancy of engraving. Kim Rhode (Olympic Skeetshooter) used to shoot a Perazzi. She’s shooting a Beretta now. She supposedly shoots a 1000 shells a day, 6 days a week. The top level competition guns (Beretta, Perazzi, Krieghoff, Kolar, others) can hold up to that level of shooting. There are maintenance items (mostly springs, hammers, firing pins, etc) that have to be replaced.

If you want to feel poor check out the link below. Remember this is the USED stuff!

http://www.paxtonarms.com/PreOwned.htm

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I know, I know!

But look at that picture on the gun broker listing with the trigger bow in it.... Left side.

It's atrocious.

I always look at the workmanship before I consider price on anything because that's really only a secondary concern to some people when they consider owning something.

I'm happy shooting the second rate iron I have. Thats why I can, if I want.
    Any time, day or night any day of the week.;)

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I know, I know!

But look at that picture on the gun broker listing with the trigger bow in it.... Left side.

It's atrocious.

I always look at the workmanship before I consider price on anything because that's really only a secondary concern to some people when they consider owning something.

I'm happy shooting the second rate iron I have. Thats why I can, if I want.

Any time, day or night any day of the week.;)

I’m not seeing the issue that you are. I think it’s the pictures. Try this link.

https://pacificsportingarms.com/pro...on-warrior-sco-sporting-12ga-32-470-psa-west/

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Dont get me entirely wrong its a nice gun, but that's not 39 K workmanship for wood fitting.
    The engraving of the gladiator is however striking especially for what can be particularly seen in this image.
    This mess in red though could be a deal breaker or point of contention especially for a rube like myself.

InkedDSC_0002-7_LI.jpg

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dont get me entirely wrong its a nice gun, but that's not 39 K workmanship for wood fitting.
    The engraving of the gladiator is however striking especially for what can be particularly seen in this image.
    This mess in red though could be a deal breaker or point of contention especially for a rube like myself.

View attachment 294251

*****So.... what do ya think it’s worth? How much would you ask to have taken off if you were looking at buying this gun? Just to close the deal? Free shipping? :innocent0

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    *****So.... what do ya think it’s worth? How much would you ask to have taken off if you were looking at buying this gun? Just to close the deal? Free shipping? :innocent0

Its worth, what someone would pay for it just like anything else that out there.

It all depends on what you got to have.... and what you really need.

If it was used....a 1/3 of what it went for when new.

Same as anything on the street or in any gun store when you have cash.

Again, just like anything, if the seller cannot meet the buyers offer, he may not really want to sell because he's upside down in the endeavor and cant swing the deal.

Thats his problem, not mine because I can afford full price or I wouldn't be asking for a deal.

The problem with a good many number of people is that they have to worry about what they pay for something they desire, or shop in a certain place.

Others don't have to worry about it and can go where they want.

YMMV

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

View attachment 294251

*****That "mess" in red that you pointed out is the artists signature, and not some mistake in tooling, btw. I'd still hold out for free shipping tho... a free box of shells, mebbe an Amazon gift card, etc.. I believe Giovanni himself or his understudy did that particular engraving, and that is where they put their signature - at least that is where it was on the shotgun I got to see at the range.

Dunno if the gun is worth 39k or not. I do know it is built to a much much higher level of quality and precision than a mass produced stamped steel gun like the MAC-10 or 11 (select fire) that several of my NFA friends have.

Those NFA arms are worth a lot of money because of laws in the USA making them a very limited item, and not because they have exquisite or difficult to produce workmanship. I would think if NFA were repealed by the Harris administration (:lol:), the cost would likely drop and make select fire and suppressors a bit more affordable, so poor junior hitmen (and hitwomen, trannyhitters, etc...) wouldn't have to use potatoes or pillows as makeshift silencers anymore.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a firearm and its intended purpose. I think most shotgun guys, if money were no object, would *love* to have a nice Perazzi, Krieghoff, or Fabbri shotgun in their collection. I was impressed by the one I saw and it wasn't as artistic as the one listed for sale above. I think the one I got to see only ("only") cost $23k new, and took a year to make from order to delivery. Yes yes I know he could have saved a few $$$ by just going to Dicks and getting a Mossberg Maverick 88 and still had money left over to a uhhh... buy a car.... :lol:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    *****That "mess" in red that you pointed out is the artists signature, and not some mistake in tooling, btw. I'd still hold out for free shipping tho... a free box of shells, mebbe an Amazon gift card, etc.. I believe Giovanni himself or his understudy did that particular engraving, and that is where they put their signature - at least that is where it was on the shotgun I got to see at the range.

Dunno if the gun is worth 39k or not. I do know it is built to a much much higher level of quality and precision than a mass produced stamped steel gun like the MAC-10 or 11 (select fire) that several of my NFA friends have.

Those NFA arms are worth a lot of money because of laws in the USA making them a very limited item, and not because they have exquisite or difficult to produce workmanship. I would think if NFA were repealed by the Harris administration (:lol:), the cost would likely drop and make select fire and suppressors a bit more affordable, so poor junior hitmen (and hitwomen, trannyhitters, etc...) wouldn't have to use potatoes or pillows as makeshift silencers anymore.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a firearm and its intended purpose. I think most shotgun guys, if money were no object, would *love* to have a nice Perazzi, Krieghoff, or Fabbri shotgun in their collection. I was impressed by the one I saw and it wasn't as artistic as the one listed for sale above. I think the one I got to see only ("only") cost $23k new, and took a year to make from order to delivery. Yes yes I know he could have saved a few $$$ by just going to Dicks and getting a Mossberg Maverick 88 and still had money left over to a uhhh... buy a car.... :lol:

I'm pointing out that huge and irregular gap between the action and stock.

Not the engravers signature.

It doesn't have anything to do with NFA, mac 10s or pillows and potatoes, maverick 88's or Dicks sporting goods.

It has to do with the gap in the metal to wood fit on more than one adjacent surface with the stocking near an area subject to the pivotal forces of recoil on an expensive shotgun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom