• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    A'ight. Which one o' y'all called Mark Levin an hour ago?:innocent0

I just got home after listnin' to him talkin' about it.

I'll own that one...hope I didn't sound too much like a slack jaw.

And credit to the community; I could have been any one of y'all. What I said I meant and the back benchers needed to hear it.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Nothing in this state will change until your legislators who are destroying your rights, are no longer allowed to do so unmolested. Calling their office means absolutely nothing. You need to be in their neighborhood, in front of their house, in front of their 9-5. The time for politeness is over, it hasn't worked the last 50 years in this state. So either get off the phone, and in their face, or accept losing your rights.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Nothing in this state will change until your legislators who are destroying your rights, are no longer allowed to do so unmolested. Calling their office means absolutely nothing. You need to be in their neighborhood, in front of their house, in front of their 9-5. The time for politeness is over, it hasn't worked the last 50 years in this state. So either get off the phone, and in their face, or accept losing your rights.

We also really need to go after those big ones who are funding their reelection campaigns, if they can be identified.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    A demonstration with the "man" at the door is the wrong time and place.

A demonstration later at a time and place of your choosing is much more safer, satisfying, and effective.

The "man" at the door only has an outdated list of what you might have - he doesn't know what you may not have...

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    judicial travesty after judicial travesty and we do nothing. Maryland is only a lib state because too many non libs don't vote. If EVERY non lib in Maryland voted, we could be the freest state in the nation.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The biggest problem I see with this is that it is now a binding precedent - any other state in the country that thinks they want to enact a ban can do so and it can't be further challenged in the courts because precedent was set in this case. This was one we couldn't afford to lose, and we did.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The biggest problem I see with this is that it is now a binding precedent - any other state in the country that thinks they want to enact a ban can do so and it can't be further challenged in the courts because precedent was set in this case. This was one we couldn't afford to lose, and we did.

No, it's binding in the 4CA. It's only persuasive in the rest of the country. It can still be challenged.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    No, it's binding in the 4CA. It's only persuasive on the rest of the country. It can still be challenged.
    Sure it can be challenged, but just like 4CA said in the decision,

"In the wake of Heller, four of our sister courts of appeals have also rejected Second Amendment challenges to bans on assault weapons and large-capacity magazines, including two (the Second and District of Columbia Circuits) that utilized an analysis similar to the district court’s."

Other courts will look to this decision as a guide for how to come to a ruling - it is becoming precedent.

ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015

Unfortunately i think reversing this is going to require a full frontal assault. The courts are going crazy right now creating all sorts of distorted rulings...... it might be a long shot but enough state legislatures are pro 2nd amendment that pursuing some sort of long shot legislation or 2nd amendment constitutional amendment call it an addendum clarifying that courts must use no less than strict scrutiny when reviewing 2nd amendment challenges, laws affecting law abiding citizens must be narrowly tailored, law abiding travel with firearms is protected, states may not enact punitive taxes or regulatory schemes against law abiding weapons owners.....

Point is with so much going on right now a long shot Firearms owner protection amendment might just work its way through. instead of a rewrite of the FOPA that the courts can gut. Do a few other pieces of legislation then launch a nuke into the mix and see how discombobulated things get something that clearly ties the hands of the courts gives them very few tools or ways to ignore the language.

Time to start utilizing the amendment process since the knuckleheads are bound and determined to send the 2nd amendment back to the days of miller

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The problem with a Constitutional Convention/Amendment is that the leftists have a seat at the the table too. Do you really want them meddling with the Constitution (officially this time)?

I don't think we have the super majorities in Congress and the state legislatures to get something through without the typical political "compromise" BS.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The problem with a Constitutional Convention/Amendment is that the leftists have a seat at the the table too. Do you really want them meddling with the Constitution (officially this time)?

I don't think we have the super majorities in Congress and the state legislatures to get something through without the typical political "compromise" BS.

Each state must accept or reject the work of any such convention.. sovereignty returns to the states that opt out.. Texas will go on its own..CA may go on its own.
    MD , NY MA NJ.... May not be welcome in the union..

It's going to happen...Prepare for it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    judicial travesty after judicial travesty and we do nothing. Maryland is only a lib state because too many non libs don't vote. If EVERY non lib in Maryland voted, we could be the freest state in the nation.

You ever stop to wonder how many liberals don't vote? How would things look if all the liberals came out to vote? For the sake of discussion, let's say every single eligible voter in Maryland came out to vote. Would the state still be the freest state in the nation?

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    You ever stop to wonder how many liberals don't vote? How would things look if all the liberals came out to vote? For the sake of discussion, let's say every single eligible voter in Maryland came out to vote. Would the state still be the freest state in the nation?

Yes I have, I simply decided not to motivate them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    With apologies to my brother of the large foot.

If everyone turned out to vote, and it was conducted in a fair and equitable manner, Md would be a Center Left State, not a conservative one.

Of course that would still be a huge improvement upon out current far left situation.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The bigger problem with a Constitutional Convention for libs were the 2A is concerned is that it is in the Bill of Rights. Rights are not the government's to give or take. You can't repeal a Right.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The bigger problem with a Constitutional Convention for libs were the 2A is concerned is that it is in the Bill of Rights. Rights are not the government's to give or take. You can't repeal a Right.

tell that to the 4th circuit

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom