• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do kydex holster makers even matter anymore? How can 1 brand be better than any other? Unless 1 offers some sort of option another company doesn't.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Do kydex holster makers even matter anymore? How can 1 brand be better than any other? Unless 1 offers some sort of option another company doesn't.

That's basically the difference among the kydex holster makers. Anyone can make a holster now with some kydex sheets and a heat gun. Of the ones I've seen, the biggest differences now are where and how they attach to your belt.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Pretty much the same IWB design made by everyone else. I'm not a fan, the bottom edge is usually uncomfortable, single clip isn't as rigid as 2, and a bit thicker, doesn't blend the shape. Can work for some people with some pistols, but lots of other choices that may be better.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Started carrying Black Rhino OWB with the "wings" and it does make a difference. My winter carry option for my G23.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Thank you!

First glance, looks over priced compared to many others. I’m not a fan of screwing on belt loops. Most holster issues I’ve had are screws getting loose, or breakage.

To each their own...I believe when I got mine a few months ago it was in the 50 bucks range....looks to be the same holster. I like that it has a audible "click" when holstered.

I keep a small screw driver as well as an allen in my "holster" draw and once a week make sure the screws and the allen on my AG holster are tight. One day I'll get around to adding some loc-tite to them but haven't yet. It's not a huge concern of mine.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I went with the attached from Red River Tactical, would do again would change cant to zero cant. Have on order from them 1911 mag carries.

Attachments

• Holester.jpg
      Holester.jpg
      106.7 KB · Views: 182

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I recently purchased a "We the people holster" for a S&W Shield. I got $10 off with a code, so it was $24 w/free shipping. It was supposed to be fast shipping...they apparently don't have the same definition of fast shipping as I do. When I received the package, I heard something rattling in the package. Opened it up and one of the screws that attach the belt clip to the holster had came out. Put it back in, but the clip seemed to have too much gap between the bottom of the clip and the holster body. I removed the rubber washers that are between the belt clip and holster body...closed the gap up. Retention is adjustable via a Phillips screw located near the muzzle end of the holster. My shield locks into place with an audible click and seems to be secure. I've worn it at 3:00 and appendix...the drawback is that the one clip doesn't keep it firmly in place...it rotates a lil fore and aft while at 3 o'clock and left and right while being carried appendix. For $24, I don't think it was a bad deal. I think $24 is about top dollar for it though. I've been carrying my Glock 17 in a DeSantis Heat IWB leather holster for almost 2 years and I really like it. It's leather, yet allows me to reholster one handed because it doesn't collapse. I think I got it from LA Police Gear for $22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom