• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I saw an ad at Centerfire Systems for 1911's imported by SDS Imports and the price is attractive. When I went to the SDS website, I wasn't able to find the country of origin or the manufacturer. This brand is new to me and I had never heard of them before. Does anyone have any experience with their guns? Are they jam-o-matics?

From their website:
    The 1911 Duty B45 is an upgraded 1911 in 45ACP with many high end features at a very resonable price.

- Rotary hammer forged hard chrome plated barrel

- Hammer forged frame and slide

- Black Cerakote finish

- Novak style three dot sights

- Flared and lowered ejection port

- Extended beavertail style grip safety

- Slide release lever take down hole chamfered

- Enhanced hammer and trigger

- Extended and ambidextrous thumb safety

- Beveled magazine well

- Trigger housing undercut

- Flat main spring housing

- Series 70 internals

- Includes one 8 round magazine, cleaning brush and owner’s manual.

- UPC: 742309782460
    MSRP$449

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I bought a Girsan 1911 recently. Other than the proprietary optics plate and a somewhat tight magwell (fore and aft), it's performed reliably for me. I like having a proper light rail, and I did finally find a holster to fit it. Not the same OEM as SDS (which is Tisas, IIRC).

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Local shop has them for $419. Have never fired one but looking at them in the store I would say they are going to give RIA a run for their money.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Local shop has them for $419. Have never fired one but looking at them in the store I would say they are going to give RIA a run for their money.

I think it's good to have more guns to choose from, and I hope it's still available when I get back to the US later this year. I have a Canik 9mm that shoots well, so if this Turkish gun is made to the same quality as my Canik, I think they'll sell a lot of these guns.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I have a Tisas full size and a commander 1911 in .45. They were imported by Zenith Firearms. Zenith did some custom work on the full size. The commander ran well after I ran about 200 rounds through it. I’m satisfied with both of them

Attachments

• 52AB3029-0C20-4AFF-B0BE-66A4D4A132CC.jpg
      52AB3029-0C20-4AFF-B0BE-66A4D4A132CC.jpg
      167.1 KB · Views: 679
    • FAD124B4-BBB4-4F33-BD29-6B2CD8AD8F3A.jpg
      FAD124B4-BBB4-4F33-BD29-6B2CD8AD8F3A.jpg
      170.7 KB · Views: 708

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Military Arms Channel on YouTube had a nice review of the SDS 1911 earlier this year ...

When they're available at Kentucky Gun, Classic Firearms, etc, they run in the $380-450 price range.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Military Arms Channel on YouTube had a nice review of the SDS 1911 earlier this year ...

When they're available at Kentucky Gun, Classic Firearms, etc, they run in the $380-450 price range.

That was a good review. The gun didn't have any malfunctions with different magazines, was relatively accurate, and for around $400, it would be a good entry to the single stack division. I think I'll get one when I return to the US later this year.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    You'd be surprised but the Turks are making some really good guns apparently. Canik, Tisas, Sarsilmaz, Tristar and Girsan are the ones I know about. They are all well priced. Girsan has just come put with a 1911 in 10 mm MSRP $609 I think. Haven't found a site that sells one yet. All of these manufacturers seems to copy CZ / Tanfoglio and even exact copies of Jericho 941 by Tristar. Then some make revolvers and 1911s in multiple calibers: 9 mm, 45 acp, and as I mentioned newer, 10 mm. I don't own any of them other than a Canik Elite Combat. I can say it is perfectly reliable, great trigger (much better reset than my x5 Legion). Once I added a red dot it felt like I had a cheat code and I am a newer average shooter. For the price and based on the many positive reviews on Youtube I think they are worth a shot.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I decided to take the plunge. I did the paperwork on one Wednesday and will pick it up Wednesday. I am really curious about how well it is built. There were two when I put one on layaway about two weeks ago. Fit and finish were commendable. I chose the one with the apparent better barrel fit.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I actually got a couple stainless models to be put on the MD list. The lady was really helpful and nice. For my first 1911 I was looking at the 1911A1 SDS Imports Tisas, or one of a couple of their stainless models. Also, looking at the Springfield 1911 .45 Ronin.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Girsan makes nice 1911, Beretta 92 knock-offs. The Turks are bringing in some good stuff. I worked a gun show a couple months ago, and people were buying up Turkish stuff. Especially those silly bull pup shotguns.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Wow, long stretch between those two choices. I hear the Ronin is nice, at least the feed back from the 1911forum. You’ll like either one.

I know, right? hahahaha I saw the Ronin in 9mm and 45 have the match barrels but the 10mm does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom