• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Dude, it's a CONSIGNMENT gun. United didn't set the asking price, the seller does. Regardless of what you think of the price, it will eventually sell in this market.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Dude, yo self, IDGAK. Didn’t sell at $750 nor will it at $450. LOL.

I just think it a miss service to not price realistically.

I have not been a customer at this location.

Given it’s info, no lose to me. If you all think it such a f’n bargin buy it yourself.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Dude, yo self, IDGAK. Didn’t sell at $750 nor will it at $450. LOL.

I just think it a miss service to not price realistically.

I have not been a customer at this location.

Given it’s info, no lose to me. If you all think it such a f’n bargin buy it yourself.

Consider their location too

Plenty of people down that way with more money than care

Or don't consider it, I doubt the shop really cares

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Consider their location too

Plenty of people down that way with more money than care

Or don't consider it, I doubt the shop really cares

I really don’t care. If they sell it for $450 good for them, to bad for buyer. Looks like that’s the consensus from fan base. They might not care, that’s probably right. Think about, if you’re the seller and they tell you they will list your Remington 783 at $1000. and after 6 mos. you haven’t a nibble now we will list it at $700. Who is getting screwed. Regardless, I’m done with the subject. Buyer beware.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    Don't want to go off topic, but this discourse demonstrates the requirement for a government Bureau of Valuation. They would set the value of things so no subject would be overcharged. Plus or minus 3 percent, of course.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Don't want to go off topic, but this discourse demonstrates the requirement for a government Bureau of Valuation. They would set the value of things so no subject would be overcharged. Plus or minus 3 percent, of course.

Cool, how much are you collecting? Not the whole 3% I hope. ;)

Botfellas

Apr 14, 2020
    Urban Jungle
    Bought and put up for consignment many firearms with United. They have always been fair. Like they said the price is set by the cosigner. If you don't like it then move on but also understand pricing goes both ways. I've come across more good deals than bad and it would be a shame to hold a pricing for a consignment against them.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve slightly overpaid for two guns there but it’s a nice shop, the counter folks are very friendly, and it’s close.

I will totally give them this. I watched one of the counter folks spend 30 mins with a guy helping him get his HQL set up while dealing with other customers. The young guys behind the counter seem happy and it translates to good customer service.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I’ve slightly overpaid for two guns there but it’s a nice shop, the counter folks are very friendly, and it’s close.

I will totally give them this. I watched one of the counter folks spend 30 mins with a guy helping him get his HQL set up while dealing with other customers. The young guys behind the counter seem happy and it translates to good customer service.

Durn coppers with your high salary gloating about overpaying for guns

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013

I would concur, after a few buys, they are the most pleasant FFL's to deal with.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I really don’t care. If they sell it for $450 good for them, to bad for buyer.

Actually, its very good for the buyer, because they were able to buy it. If the buyer paid that much, he needed it, or wanted it, very badly. If it had been priced at $200 it would have been snatched up by someone browsing who probably had 1 or 2 just like it already and wanted to add to their collection.

In a time of scarcity, rising prices eventually stop collectors and hoarders from buying, meaning the limited inventory is eventually available for those who need the product most.

r100rsman

Mar 9, 2017
    Olney
    I purchased a sporting clay shotgun from United last year and got an excellent buy on it. It was a consignment gun and I made an offer that was accepted. Everything is negotiable in my experience. Plus the folks at United are excellent to deal with.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    i have made some happy purchases from United - if you think something is priced to high, just look in the classifieds here, a lot of it is nuts. That said if you want it and are OK with the price make a deal or just walk on by shaking your head. All good. Great local shop and because they do consignment, they get some neat stuff in the door.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    i have made some happy purchases from United - if you think something is priced too high, just look in the classifieds here, a lot of it is nuts. That said if you want it and are OK with the price make a deal or just walk on by shaking your head. All good. Great local shop and because they do consignment, they get some neat stuff in the door.

gem357

MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2013
    SoHoCo
    United is my favorite gun shop. I've purchased new and consigned firearms there and always been pleased. Staff is helpful, friendly, and Fudd-free.

Esox

May 16, 2015
    I know it’s on consignment. Still trying to sell iron sulfite as gold is crazy. It’s a $200 gun give or take. Also aware a fools born every minute. Enjoy keeping it on your books.
    A decent shop would not high ball two months ago and drop 40% today.
    I wouldn’t take “Gunbroker” as a serious comparison to reality, someone though might.
    If that’s the best way you can steer your customers, No Thanks.

LOL

United is a great gun store with top-notch staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom