• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I have both of these bags, bought them roughly 10 years ago, and both have held up well.

The 3 day pack was used as a carry-on when I was traveling for work 2 to 3 times a month for about 6 years. On every flight it was crammed, shoved or kicked under the seat (it barely fits if not over packed), and during my off time it was often emptied of my travel stuff and used for day hikes. It shows no wear at all from years of abuse.

The name might be misleading... I would not want to wear it on a 3 day hike in the mountains because the ergonomics are a bit lacking, but it is incredibly durable and functional for what I used it for. If you're going on a 3 day trip where you won't be carrying the pack on your back all day, every day fully loaded it will work fine.

It would work very well for range use, or throwing emergency stuff in the trunk if you're concerned about walking home in a zombie outbreak or next year's Carrington event.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've used one of the 3-Day bags as a work backpack for about five years now. A couple of the pull strings on the zippers broke within the first year but that's my only complaint. It's a big bag, easy to lose small objects in or it gets heavy if you don't clean it out regularly.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    I have one of the 3-day Packs - I use it for a car emergency/bug-out bag. Agree with the comment about it not being that ergonomic for hiking long distances, but it does hold a lot and I found it to be a better structured bag than a big duffel bag for the purpose. And figure I could download it a bit to make it more portable.

I also have two of the Bail Out Bags. I use them for humping ammo and mags when I do a big event. That means I usually overload it - it has never buckled or ripped despite hauling heavy loads. Definitely worth $20!

uc

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks jimbobborg. I saves an extra 18% by signing up for texts. The response text said 10% BigJoe. Check your receipt should have been 18%. Such a deal. Bought 2 bags different colors and a backpack.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Today is the last day of the sale. Get them while they're hot! 10 years later and I'm still using them myself, wouldn't recommend them if they were trash. They've lasted longer than more expensive bags I've purchased.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Used the larger Bug out Bag from them as my "Tactical" diaper bag for all 3 of my kids since 2014 and it is still going strong hauling my gear to and from the range. I also use the standard $19.99 one as my small fishing gear bag to take out only a few small Plano boxes and some extra supplies. Can't recommend them enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom