• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • workshop777

Feb 11, 2021
    Hello All,

First, I apologize if this has been covered before... I did do a search but could not find a definitive answer.

I have been looking into the Vector CRB and was wondering about the Maryland legality of it? Will have I have hard time if I try to purchase one.

For the sake of examples, I have been mainly looking at the kb90-cbl20 model. 9mm, Rifle model: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/911619543 I know this has a 17 round mag with it.

If my FFL pins the mag to 10 rounds, am I good to go with purchasing online with a completed 77r? From looking at MSPs website, this gun and model is "Not Banned".

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx?Paged=TRUE&p_Manufacturer=IWI&p_Status=Not%20Banned&p_ID=382&PageFirstRow=201&&View={EB794138-CE9C-4E9E-B3D2-B78C316F87DF}

From what it seems, I should be good to go with purchasing provided the mags are removed or pinned to 10 rounds. Am I correct with that assumption?

This will be my third firearm purchase and first that could be considered a "rifle". Just want to have all my ducks in a row, so I figured I would defer to the experts here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looks like you are GTG

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15-29-47 Firearm Search.jpg
      Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15-29-47 Firearm Search.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 187

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    You should check with your LGS before you hit the like, subscribe, and buy button. Some apparently wont pin the mag, they will just not give it to you. Some will pin and give it to you, but stores have different policies on that.

Unless I am missing something, you dont need a 77r for rifles.

Also, if you can do the drive you may be better off buying it in PA or VA. It will come with the mag, legally, and you will save the shipping and xfer fee. You are driving out of state to get a mag anyway. Shop around. There will be a gun show for example in VA at Dulles next week, you can walk out with the gun, the mag, and a smile if the price is right. A lot of these stores that sell on gunbroker mark it up to recover the gunbroker fees so its often cheaper in the retail store.

workshop777

Feb 11, 2021
    So I went ahead and ordered one.

The KV90-CBL20. I wasn't too certain about needing an 77r but I completed one anyway and gave the info to my FFL. Hoping it arrives to him this week.

Since this isn't a handgun, would I be able to pick it up from him after it arrives or do I still have to wait 7 days?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    So I went ahead and ordered one.

The KV90-CBL20. I wasn't too certain about needing an 77r but I completed one anyway and gave the info to my FFL. Hoping it arrives to him this week.

Since this isn't a handgun, would I be able to pick it up from him after it arrives or do I still have to wait 7 days?

Since it is a long gun it will be cash and carry. No 7 day wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom