• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    I thought I would drag out and take some pictures of my Vietnam bring back collection. All have capture papers except the top SKS and bottom VC made pistol. Enjoy!

Attachments

• NBB5.jpg
      NBB5.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 1,358
    • NBB9.jpg
      NBB9.jpg
      99 KB · Views: 1,354

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    I thought I would drag out and take some pictures of my Vietnam bring back collection. All have capture papers except the top SKS and bottom VC made pistol. Enjoy!

Thank you for sharing a little history.:cool:

Vietnam1965

Sep 26, 2021
    Thanks guys! If you guys like bring backs then I have a bunch to share because its a theme of my collecting? I also collect US Military arms. I am currently working on a book on Vietnam bring back weapons and my google search lead me to the forum. Its looks like a nice place to share!

Enfield303

Feb 12, 2011
    Harford County
    That is a whole lot of history in on one photo. When I was about seven our neighbor, who was an Army Captain, brought a Chinese AK back from Vietnam. I still remember the the folding bayonet and how difficult it was for a scrawny kid to pull the bolt back. He took the magazine out and let me run around with it until I got tired. It wasn't terribly out of place in my neighborhood because my friends and I all played army with Siamese Mausers or Portuguese Kropatscheks that our dad's had bought for us for $19.95 from advertisements in the back of The American Rifleman. But to hold a real AK and talk to the guy who captured it was a real thrill.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Holy crap! That's your first post? Amazing collection. I vote Vietnam1965 an immediate addtional 49 posts and Senior status.

Keep 'em coming. Also, could you list what each item is? I don't have much knowledge with curio/relic items, but I enjoy learning.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'd like to see more of that VC made pistol. Is it a one-off, or did they produce some quantity of them? Calber? Does it have a Browning type lock up, or is it blowback?

Nice collection!

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    There are probably also a lot of French guns left in Vietnam that people didn't want to bring back.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Wow. Looking forward to learning about them.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    What a great first time post! Than you for sharing!
    I’m a Mosin hound, so I love that M44 :D

Still looking for my first papered bring back :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom