What's the worst thing you found in your food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    This morning. My daughter has been getting lazy and not taking care of the chickens. I get informed today that she is collecting eggs once a week. After breakfast was F'ed up today.

I thawed/fried some green peppers in the pan, olive oil, pepper, shredded ham. Start cracking eggs and 1, 2 and 3 are fine. 4 cracks into the pan and as it runs out it comes like water. I see red and the watery white is cooking and looks beige. In the red I see a small head and two eyes. :puke:

I start cussing and digging the nasty parts out and ditching them and fried it all and split it between the dogs and cleaned the pan and started over. Then I get the story about once a week egg collecting and we tossed eggs we have and shes starting over. I told her I am buying eggs if I got to deal with nasty eggs and baby chickens in the pan.

She has two broody hens and they sit on the eggs when left in the coop. Some can be a 1/3 of the way devolved. Did I mention it was gross? The red dot or small vein, not big deal but when I can make out a head and eyes.
    Balut?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    This morning. My daughter has been getting lazy and not taking care of the chickens. I get informed today that she is collecting eggs once a week. After breakfast was F'ed up today.

I thawed/fried some green peppers in the pan, olive oil, pepper, shredded ham. Start cracking eggs and 1, 2 and 3 are fine. 4 cracks into the pan and as it runs out it comes like water. I see red and the watery white is cooking and looks beige. In the red I see a small head and two eyes. :puke:

I start cussing and digging the nasty parts out and ditching them and fried it all and split it between the dogs and cleaned the pan and started over. Then I get the story about once a week egg collecting and we tossed eggs we have and shes starting over. I told her I am buying eggs if I got to deal with nasty eggs and baby chickens in the pan.

She has two broody hens and they sit on the eggs when left in the coop. Some can be a 1/3 of the way devolved. Did I mention it was gross? The red dot or small vein, not big deal but when I can make out a head and eyes.
    We have a rooster too, and our eggs get left under the brooder too long sometimes too. It is really gross when you crack one of those, but I'll take that 100 times over what the OP had!

I don't remember the gross things I've come across (try to block those out I guess), but twice I've had little slivers of metal in my fries. I figure the cheap coating on the fryer baskets peeled off and cam out with the food. Luckily I didn't bite in to it either time. Both times were at Long John Silvers though....so I affectionately re-named them Long John Slivers :innocent0

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    OP, possible tooth from bones used for stock? They use all kinds of bones to prepare the stock.

q

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    OP, possible tooth from bones used for stock? They use all kinds of bones to prepare the stock.

q

That was some Toothsome pho.

I hope it boiled for days.

I hope they aren't making stock with dogs.....or whatever predator that tooth belonged to.

Just yeeesh

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I was eating some frozen corn from TJs and there was a worm in it that looked just like a corn kernel. The only reason I noticed it was that it was floating in my soup. I add corn to my soup sometimes. I had eaten a lot of it already. It was pretty gross. Not sure how a tooth ends up in your food though. The other grossest thing was a pube in my fried rice that was right on top and I didn't eat any.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I was eating some frozen corn from TJs and there was a worm in it that looked just like a corn kernel. The only reason I noticed it was that it was floating in my soup. I add corn to my soup sometimes. I had eaten a lot of it already. It was pretty gross. Not sure how a tooth ends up in your food though. The other grossest thing was a pube in my fried rice that was right on top and I didn't eat any.

:puke:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Not sure how a tooth ends up in your food though.

tumblr_inline_p4rvln5Dgv1qdawwj_1280.png

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    In pre package salad one leaf was very chewy.
    It turned out to be a used band-aid and it fell off of a worker.
    Yuck. The manufacturer sent me coupons for packaged salad.

It would have been funnier if he sent you coupons for bandaids.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I guess I'm lucky (or not) but the worse thing I found was as I was eating some muffins the ex made from a mix, I bit down on something hard. It was a cable tie that had been used and snipped off.

I also bit down on some black particles about about 3/32" in diameter in some cereal. Having read about this before, I held a magnet over them and yup, there's your 80% adult daily allowance of iron. Same thing happened to my ex several years later and she was amazed that I knew they were iron.

Found something that looked like it was in the grasshopper family in a packaged salad mix once. Luckily before I ate it.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    In pre package salad one leaf was very chewy.
    It turned out to be a used band-aid and it fell off of a worker.
    Yuck. The manufacturer sent me coupons for packaged salad.
    Stromboli with the used band-aid once years ago. Local pizza delivery joint dug in heels and denied it came from them. That sucked, the owner’s son was a very good friend of mine, and that was our favorite delivery place. Not so much after that. Luckily for me, it was my roommate that “found” it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I dont have the pic anymore, but when I was active duty at deployed location, someone on the base found a rat paw in their salad...i can still see the pic in my mind...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom