• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Picture artillery in the field. You're looking straight out across the battlefield through your sights, but the barrel on that cannon needs to tilt way up to lob that long-range shot.

Here's another of my incredible, award-winning illustrations.

View attachment 324153

^^^ This right here.

I mounted an EGW 20 MOA scope base on my 10/22. The thick part is to the rear. Mounting it this way (the only was possible when you look at the thing) gives you 20 MOA of additional headroom to dial you scope in for long-range shots.

My 10/22 reaches out to 200 yards and, IIRC, I dial in about 43 MOA to do it. If the scope was mounted on a flat rail, there wouldn't be enough adjustment in the scope to dial me in at 200 yards.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    ^^^ This right here.

I mounted an EGW 20 MOA scope base on my 10/22. The thick part is to the rear. Mounting it this way (the only was possible when you look at the thing) gives you 20 MOA of additional headroom to dial you scope in for long-range shots.

My 10/22 reaches out to 200 yards and, IIRC, I dial in about 43 MOA to do it. If the scope was mounted on a flat rail, there wouldn't be enough adjustment in the scope to dial me in at 200 yards.

I am looking for a scope for my RPR rimfire to reach out to 200. What are you using? What is your zero range?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I am looking for a scope for my RPR rimfire to reach out to 200. What are you using? What is your zero range?

I've got a Vortex Viper 2.5-10X on m 10/22. I think it's zeroed at 50 yards.

The ER Shaw bull barrel and Volquartsen trigger, plus the right ammo, get me 5mm accuracy at 50 yards, and 12mm accuracy at 100. She's a real tack-driver

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    What Boats said was correct you are raising the relative position of the reticle, but in order to do that, the taller part needs to be towards the front of the rifle.
    INCORRECT. Taller part to the rear, just like using iron sights at distance, must raise front sight/barrel to upward angle to line up with higher position of rear sight.

Taller part in front you’ll be shooting below line of sight, barrel pointing downward.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sounds to me, some people need to go back and relearn how to shoot irons. ;)

INCORRECT. Taller part to the rear, just like using iron sights at distance, must raise front sight/barrel to upward angle to line up with higher position of rear sight.

Taller part in front you’ll be shooting below line of sight, barrel pointing downward.

^^^This was my point in my comment. I was not trying to be snarky.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom