• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Anyone over 45 days should be emailing to make sure they actually have your paperwork. Be polite, thank them for their effort and apologize for the inconvenience. Your courteous interaction will go a lot farther than dropping f-bombs or screaming. They were very helpful for me, and I got responses back the same day or next day on all my inquiries.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Anyone over 45 days should be emailing to make sure they actually have your paperwork. Be polite, thank them for their effort and apologize for the inconvenience. Your courteous interaction will go a lot farther than dropping f-bombs or screaming. They were very helpful for me, and I got responses back the same day or next day on all my inquiries.

Always make your first call to your FFL. If he's not getting anything back yet for your date, then sit tight a bit longer. We need to let MSP process our paperwork. If, on the other hand, your FFL get everything back for your day except you, then ping MSP. If you don't check with your FFL first, and they have a much better idea regarding current state of the paperwork, then we will most likely be diverting MSP resources away from not-disapproving us.

I'm at 47 days right now and, in checking with my FFL, he told me MSP is up to a couple of days away from my date. I am sitting tight for now and gonna let MSP work.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I called MSP this week (had been about 24 days) and the Trooper laughed and said to figure at least another 30 days, maybe 60. That would make it 90 days.

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    58 days

Bought a rifle from out of state Dec 20th. Had it shipped to FFL and did paperwork on January 8th. My FFL did not submit my paperwork to MSP until Feb 8th (30 days later). I still have not received my rifle (58 days later). Total of about 98 days and still waiting! :mad54:

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Bought a rifle from out of state Dec 20th. Had it shipped to FFL and did paperwork on January 8th. My FFL did not submit my paperwork to MSP until Feb 8th (30 days later). I still have not received my rifle (58 days later). Total of about 98 days and still waiting! :mad54:

Did the FFL hold for 30 days because you recently purchased a gun and you are not a designated collector?

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013

My ffl said today he got back feb 7th so you should have yours in the next couple days! Hopefully tomorrow!

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Nope, he was too busy selling more guns, and collecting everyone's $$$. He also lied to me and told me it was sent in on Jan 8th. I found out through MSP that is was not submitted until Feb 8th. He will never get my business again

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Always make your first call to your FFL. If he's not getting anything back yet for your date, then sit tight a bit longer. We need to let MSP process our paperwork. If, on the other hand, your FFL get everything back for your day except you, then ping MSP. If you don't check with your FFL first, and they have a much better idea regarding current state of the paperwork, then we will most likely be diverting MSP resources away from not-disapproving us.

I'm at 47 days right now and, in checking with my FFL, he told me MSP is up to a couple of days away from my date. I am sitting tight for now and gonna let MSP work.

THANK YOU!!! At least there is someone with patience. People are seeing 42-48 day wait times on average, so we all need to just sit tight a couple more days and check with your FFL around 50 days because THEY have the latest information direct from the source without hundreds or people bugging the MSP every day!

Loader

Jan 5, 2013

I'm with ya! I ordered an XDM Comp 9mm on 12/16 for my Christmas present. I hope to pick it up next week!

Bublar

Mar 6, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nope, he was too busy selling more guns, and collecting everyone's $$$. He also lied to me and told me it was sent in on Jan 8th. I found out through MSP that is was not submitted until Feb 8th. He will never get my business again

Do you mind sharing the name of the FFL you used so others can avoid him?

lurker

Mar 18, 2013
    My ffl said today he got back feb 7th so you should have yours in the next couple days! Hopefully tomorrow!

I got about the same, mine said the 6th and that I have about a month to go when I'm already on day 41 from 2/18... :sad20: Good god I can't wait to move out of this state.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I spoke with Rose at MSP today, she said they were working on 2/15 today and maybe some of 2/16. I bought on 2/16 and paperwork was faxed on 2/16. A good FFL is a valuable thing. No reason not to send in paperwork immediately after taking someone's money.

nivek

Mar 4, 2013
    You guys are still waiting? I got mine in 12 days. Where in the world are you guys getting these things? If you transfer to the pawn shop by me itll take twelve days im sure of it. :bs: JK thought we could all use a little humor as I'm at day 40 and going crazy!

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I spoke with Rose at MSP today, she said they were working on 2/15 today and maybe some of 2/16. I bought on 2/16 and paperwork was faxed on 2/16. A good FFL is a valuable thing. No reason not to send in paperwork immediately after taking someone's money.

Sweet, I bought on 2/14. I guess I'll call constitutional tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom