• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    I spoke with Rose at MSP today, she said they were working on 2/15 today and maybe some of 2/16. I bought on 2/16 and paperwork was faxed on 2/16. A good FFL is a valuable thing. No reason not to send in paperwork immediately after taking someone's money.

I called gander mountain on Monday, I was told they were just getting ones back from the 7th. :confused:

I purchased on 2/14.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I called gander mountain on Monday, I was told they were just getting ones back from the 7th. :confused:

I purchased on 2/14.

Not sure what to make of that, I gave her my name and last 4 of s.s.n. and she said I see you are the 16th, we are working on the 15th today and maybe some of the 16th. She was very friendly and helpful.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Not sure what to make of that, I gave her my name and last 4 of s.s.n. and she said I see you are the 16th, we are working on the 15th today and maybe some of the 16th. She was very friendly and helpful.

Years ago I caught gander sitting on paperwork, I don't understand why they'd do that given the current environment though...

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I try to stay out of the big stores for anything but ammo. I'd rather give money to someone local even if it is a bit more at times. Sometimes its not possible but I have found much better customer service at M.Q. than anywhere else.

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    I try to stay out of the big stores for anything but ammo. I'd rather give money to someone local even if it is a bit more at times. Sometimes its not possible but I have found much better customer service at M.Q. than anywhere else.

Yeah, I don't care for the big stores either, but they had the gun in stock so I jumped at it. Hopefully the guy on the phone just BS'd me cause he was busy.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    We should be seeing a glut of not dissapproved coming in for everyone that submitted early February. Looks like the lead time is still around 45-50 days going through this thread. Last person to post that they picked up on 3/28, having submitted their paperwork on 2/8 (48 days).

And uhh.. CrazyCal7, did you ever get your paperwork/firearm? I think you are the longest.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Here is My Update on My 02/08 Filing

I called my FFL on Friday Morning and left a detailed message. (NOTE: this Forum is really a great tool. To have been able to say that I know paperwork from such and such a date has been coming back, and so and so from MSP has stated this or that is a really strong tool to show that your an informed Gun Owner/ Buyer and that the best answer for you is the real story. Not saying my FFL is not being up front, I like to think that information helps keep them honest. I do think that one's FFL should be keeping an eye on his sendings and receivings so they know when an app is getting well overdue. But one has to take in consideration the flood of application that they are dealing with. QUE SERA SERA!)

Back to th update. I explained in my phone message (after my Email from 7 days past went unanswered) that I had done my paperwork on Feb 8th and that I had heard thru MD Shooters that MSP had been already processing paperwork from 02/15 and 02/16. This indicates to me that if my paperwork is not back there is a problem. Within 1 hour I received an email from my FFL stating that I was correct that I had done paperwork on the 8th and that he was receiving paperwork back from the 12th. He would check with MSP on Monday (today) and get back to me.

As of 7:50pm, Monday now, I have not received any further info. So as of right now, I am at 53 Days on on my 02/08 paperwork submission.
    I still have more paperwork pending from 02/22 making it 39 Days for that submission.

Last edited:

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    What should a MD Shooter Member do ?

After reading this thread... I am asking myself if I really should purchase a NIB, Colt M4 H-Bar. The price ain't too awful at 1400. They are telling me that I have to do the NFA paperwork on it even though it is a H-BAR....but OK, so they are paranoid and my name will go on THAT list in order to get it. Is it worth the risk ?

I still can not figure out if the Government will take it after I do buy it then I might loose it and the money. Then I have to wait and add to this topic of how long its taking to get it.

What would a MDShooter member Do ?

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

After reading this thread... I am asking myself if I really should purchase a NIB, Colt M4 H-Bar. The price ain't too awful at 1400. They are telling me that I have to do the NFA paperwork on it even though it is a H-BAR....but OK, so they are paranoid and my name will go on THAT list in order to get it. Is it worth the risk ?

I still can not figure out if the Government will take it after I do buy it then I might loose it and the money. Then I have to wait and add to this topic of how long its taking to get it.

Great Movie! - Josey Wales..
    Anyway, the price is high for an HBAR, it must have some nice upgrades. Also, MD will not come and take our guns, because they don't want a 1000 Armed Man March to the State House.

Fess Parkerized

Feb 27, 2013
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    Today is 32 days for me. Got to get my post count up so I can have a signature line!

Attachments

• Signature MD S's.PNG
      Signature MD S's.PNG
      5.8 KB · Views: 150

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown

Josey, I dont think you need to do NFA paperwork on an HBAR rifle (unless I'm not thinking clearly). Those are supposed to be sold SOLELY with the 4473 ATF paperwork, just the same as a simple "hunting rifle" or a shotgun.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I am approaching 6 weeks (2/22). Nothing from FFL. When I last talked with him he was getitng 2/15 back buty had nothing for 2/5/-2/12 he said. Makes one wonder.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    I am approaching 6 weeks (2/22). Nothing from FFL. When I last talked with him he was getitng 2/15 back buty had nothing for 2/5/-2/12 he said. Makes one wonder.

Well that at least jives with my FFL who stated pretty much the same thing, that he was getting back the 12th and had not seen mny Paperwork from the 8th. So now I need to prepare myself for the "missing paperwork shuffle". I wonder how MSP will handle that, esoecially if there is multiple FFLs with the missing time frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom