• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Many of us don't want to have to apply for a handgun license and get finger printed to buy a handgun after Oct. 1st. It adds more cost to the purchase.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Question; I can understand why everyone/anyone would want to rush out and buy one of the guns that you will not be able to buy after Oct 1st. But most of the gun paperwork that is clogging up the system are for guns that we can still buy after Oct 1st and not the guns these new laws have always been aimed at.

These anti-gun law makers battle cry has always been Assault weapons. So most run out and buy everything but.

You may not be able to buy your new Glock or Sig, or M&P with a mag larger then 10 rounds after Oct 1st, but you will still be able to buy it after Oct 1st and then you just go to PA for your 15-18 round mag.

And now that we know about the Oct 1st date and what it will bring, the rush for the most part is one anything that shoots and what I want to call everyday guns, (Glocks, Sigs, 1911's, S&W M&P's, Rugers, or whatever) has been going on for 4 months now. Same goes for 22LR ammo. What the hell. 22LR is not going anywhere but people are buying as if they are going to stop making it.

It would make sense to me if the MSP were backed logged with paperwork on AR's and the like, but I bet 1/3rd of the paperwork the MSP are processing is wheel guns and small carry guns that these laws do not touch.

It almost seems as if people just want to be part of the "just buy anything just for the sake of buying anything" movement.

I say if you want to buy something buy whatever you can't buy after Oct 1st. Not the ammo and guns that are not going anywhere. I just don't get it.

Maybe we found good deals on guns it has absolutely nothing to do with bans? Should those of us who already have the pre ban stuff hold off on our paperwork and purchasing until the AR craze is over? Nay. Ill keep buying wheel guns and submitting paperwork like usual.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    Question; I can understand why everyone/anyone would want to rush out and buy one of the guns that you will not be able to buy after Oct 1st. But most of the gun paperwork that is clogging up the system are for guns that we can still buy after Oct 1st and not the guns these new laws have always been aimed at.

These anti-gun law makers battle cry has always been Assault weapons. So most run out and buy everything but.

You may not be able to buy your new Glock or Sig, or M&P with a mag larger then 10 rounds after Oct 1st, but you will still be able to buy it after Oct 1st and then you just go to PA for your 15-18 round mag.

And now that we know about the Oct 1st date and what it will bring, the rush for the most part is one anything that shoots and what I want to call everyday guns, (Glocks, Sigs, 1911's, S&W M&P's, Rugers, or whatever) has been going on for 4 months now. Same goes for 22LR ammo. What the hell. 22LR is not going anywhere but people are buying as if they are going to stop making it.

It would make sense to me if the MSP were backed logged with paperwork on AR's and the like, but I bet 1/3rd of the paperwork the MSP are processing is wheel guns and small carry guns that these laws do not touch.

It almost seems as if people just want to be part of the "just buy anything just for the sake of buying anything" movement.

I say if you want to buy something buy whatever you can't buy after Oct 1st. Not the ammo and guns that are not going anywhere. I just don't get it.

I disagree LOTS of people are buying rifles and other guns that are going to be banned

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Maybe we found good deals on guns it has absolutely nothing to do with bans? Should those of us who already have the pre ban stuff hold off on our paperwork and purchasing until the AR craze is over? Nay. Ill keep buying wheel guns and submitting paperwork like usual.

I'm not saying you should. And I'm not talking to the people that had plans to buy without being motivated with the panic. And you know I'm not talking about them. I'm talking to the people that had no more plans then the man in the moon to buy a hand gun and because of some panic went and bought a gun that was not in danger of being pulled.

I can understand the panic when it comes to guns that we may not be able to buy one day. But even if we are talking about your good deal, (so many of them out their during a panic by) The only reason some are looking and may have found a good deal is because of the panic buy.

All I'm saying if your buying due to the panic, Buy something to be panicked about.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    And that's something we just learned about over the last few weeks. How does that explain the panic buy that started last Dec?

Foresight. Emotional laws always get brought up after a mass shooting and as anti-gun as this state has been, we began to hedge our bets. At least at the State level we were right (court rulings not withstanding). Federal level is yet to be seen with Boehner saying he will not hear any bills in the House on gun control that come from the Senate.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    I'm sure there are, but just like the reason you can't walk into a WM and buy a stupid box of 22LR or 38 or 9mm, and god forbid 223, many people are not making any sense.

Yeah tru I think the ammo situation is due to re-selling at higher prices.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Foresight. Emotional laws always get brought up after a mass shooting and as anti-gun as this state has been, we began to hedge our bets. At least at the State level we were right (court rulings not withstanding). Federal level is yet to be seen with Boehner saying he will not hear any bills in the House on gun control that come from the Senate.

I understand. But with 40 states being pro-gun, what is the likelihood they are going to ban wheel guns on any level?, or 22LR ammo? Again I can understand the "bet hedging" on anything that looks military. But wheel guns? But 22LR ammo?

It's almost as if some go to the local WM to buy 223 (that some may feel will be ban one day) finding the self's out of 223, so they just buy anything just for the sake of buying anything.

Some of it is more then justified but some of it is a little on the crazy side.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    I understand. But with 40 states being pro-gun, what is the likelihood they are going to ban wheel guns on any level?, or 22LR ammo? Again I can understand the "bet hedging" on anything that looks military. But wheel guns? But 22LR ammo?

I'll give you that. You can still get a 20+ mag for 22LR no issues in MD and I can't really think of any revolvers with 10 rounds. I think the fingerprinting and licensing requirement is responsible for a lot of the surge outside of soon to be banned rifles.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    I'll give you that. You can still get a 20+ mag for 22LR no issues in MD and I can't really think of any revolvers with 10 rounds. I think the fingerprinting and licensing requirement is responsible for a lot of the surge outside of soon to be banned rifles.

I know I started looking for and buying the two handguns I wanted as soon as 281 was introduced. I just found the second one for a good deal at a shop in GA, I should be picking it up in July at the earliest at this rate.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Well congrats to all those who filed 2/10 - 2/16 who are starting to get the call to pick up their firearms. Me, I called MSP to check on mine and they said they have no record of my FFL sending them anything from 2/14 through 2/21. :mad54:

bigweswes

Oct 4, 2012
    pasadena
    I called .. my paperwork was faxed 2/14 and they say they received it 2/22. Make sure you factor in the 8 days it takes to pick up the stack of faxes out of the machine.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    You know it's bad when a friend in CA starts cracking on you for your states idiot gun laws.

Tree Rat

Always a good target
    May 20, 2005
    Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 3:59 PM
    Subject: Dealer Update

In an attempt to keep our Regulated Firearms Dealers better informed, we will be sending a weekly email advising the day that we are currently processing. This notification should help to cut down the number of daily phone calls and emails requesting status checks.

We are currently processing applications from February 13, 2013.

As of April 08th we have received 39,667 Maryland State Police Application And Affidavit To Purchase A Regulated Firearm applications.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom