• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Finally, I picked up one of my new toys.

Faxed = 2/9
    App sent to review (investigation flagged)
    Not Disapproved = 4/2
    Day 62 - Called MSP 4/11 (MSP stated in Review)
    FFL called stating MSP Faxed = 4/11

Here's my new hunting rifle.

Attachments

• 20130412_211856.jpg
      20130412_211856.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 244

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    April 2nd purchase. With MSP falling a half day behind every day, a 10 weeks wait for an early April purchases seems optimistic.

But I love this thread. It helps to set realistic expecations. I'm sure I'll be checking the most current "waiting period thread" often starting in June.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    So here is where I am at.

Day 44, Filed 2/28.

I Know what my Transfer FFL was probably going through so I have not bugged him. In fact purchase from shop made on 2/22 and could not meet with them till 2/28

Did let him know that I was looking for more.

Called him on Day 29 to check in to see where they were also to confirm that he was not overwhelmed and still taking transfers.

Checked in day 37 to see what was going on also told them I was close to pegging down my next purchase.

2 days ago, brother made a purchase and called him yesterday to set up transfer. I had him ask about wait and what day they were on for mine. Told him that MSP was on 2/15 and nothing more. Late yesterday I made the second purchase I wanted.

Today called the dealer and set up with them and got their information for the FFL transfer.

I called the FFL and finally got a hold of them.

Tells me that he officially notified the shops that he was NOT taking more transfers as of yesterday as needed to move what he had in backlog:sad20:.

Reluctantly he did take my transfer.:bowdown:

So I guess this is what is coming down too, I really made a conscious effort to keep up with my FFL but not bother them. Also asked them each time I called how they were handling the rush and wait and that they were still taking transfers knowing that I was looking for another purchase. I still almost got put against a wall even after trying to keep everything smooth

I guess it finally got to my FFL. This is part time for them and they can't keep up. All they are doing is taking in product and processing applications and not sending anything back out the door. Plus I am sure that people are calling him 24/7 wondering when.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Day 0 ?

I am day 0 and counting.

Scene from Platoon, Maryland Style:

"I can't even remember when I was Day 0, man. You gotta, like, count backwards or something. You know, like, you got 1 days in. I mean, think positive, dude."

images

"ALL I WANT IS MY AR!!"

Last edited:

tenex

Oct 23, 2008
    We have received updates regarding the current day of applications being processed by MSP. This is helpful for determining the expected delivery dates for our customers since it is now taking about 2 months. Jeez!
    However this does not address any steps being taken to catch up the very long waits that we are experiencing. MSP says they have received almost 40 thousand aps this year. This number indicates that unless production is increased drastically they will never catch up.*
    39,667 applications this year translates to 489 per day (assuming a 6 day week). If that is so then the current back log (February 13 to April 8) stands at 22,494 applications.*
    Let's say that MSP can boost output from 300 to 600 applications per day, leaving the extra capacity of 100 to deal with the back log will still take 225 work-days to catch up the current backlog. Taking into consideration the 6 day week takes us to the end of December 2013. Merry Christmas Maryland!

Shift

Ultimate Member
    Apr 11, 2012
    Denton
    Finally, I picked up one of my new toys.

Faxed = 2/9
    App sent to review (investigation flagged)
    Not Disapproved = 4/2
    Day 62 - Called MSP 4/11 (MSP stated in Review)
    FFL called stating MSP Faxed = 4/11

Here's my new hunting rifle.

I dont see anything but a muzzle :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom