• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silent Stalker

Shooter
    Feb 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Don't feel bad I am trying to get an LEO sign off for my short barrel firearm build and I put my paper work in at the end of november. I was told by my friend at the firearm licensing devision that it would take at the most a month Now I am at +60 days. I just quit counting. I call him every now and then trying to get it back. They are extremely over worked and understaffed. They all are averaging 10 + hours working on the applications.

TheGoods

Jan 26, 2013
    Right there with you on Monday. Day 37 and still waiting......

Still a bunch of us waiting from the 11th and 12th of Jan.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Maryland's 7-day waiting period is a "cooling-off" period and has little to do with background checks. Even if MSP figured out a way to do a check in 5 minutes if would probably be impossible to change the 7-day wait based on the politics in MD.

That law is just a leftover from before faxing and email made checks so quick and easy. plenty of other states had the law, but repealed them after they became outdated. Now, it's not being taken away because it's an idiotic feel good law.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    This is why you need to put that frustration into letters to let the politicians know where you stand. Not only do we want the new bills thrown out, but we want other restrictions lifted!

If not, it will get worse. What happened when we all have to register ALL firearms and renew ever 5 years? I'm not talking just about expense, but the minefield of rules and regulations they are putting place so with one "wrong" move, you lose ALL your firearms and the ability to ever own again!

We MUST fight for the Second Ammendment RIGHT to bear arms - that means OWN and OPERATE (so ammo restrictions are disallowed as well).

When you fear your government, you're living in tyranny. The Second Ammedment declares it our responsibility to stand against that tyranny. Contact your government reps immediately - there is a vote NEXT WEEK on SB281. There is another bill to stand against and that hearing is March 1st.

Lets see all these bills go down in flames.

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    My question is why the descrepacy in times, how can one FFL receive paperwork from the 18th while another is waiting for the 12th, smells of ********.

Contact the licensing division by email. There was a problem receiving applications around the 11th and 12th. They can verify that your application has been received or not.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    i was trying to figure out the same shit bro ....what is this?pick and send random application from the magic hat?5 days ago read a few people who said they filed theirs the 17th and got their phone call pure bs isn't while we still wait

Sent email this am, we will see if I even get a response, will report back if I do. And yes, this was the topic of my latest round of emails to the delegates and senators, if you are going to implement a rule that most of the country has done away with or never used, then fund and organize the MSP to process the apps in 7 days REGARDLESS of amount of apps to process.

jusaduffr

Jan 15, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    I submitted my paperwork on 1/16. I sent an email to MSP last week and got an email 2/16(at 6:00am) that they said they had received my paperwork. So at least now I know it was not lost and hopefully soon I will get the call from my FFL.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm at 30 also. Thursday I call and tell them fvck it, I'm not waiting any longer, I've lost interest.

At this point I'd bet it's actually probably easier AND faster for someone to just source and purchase an illegal firearm in this backwards ass State.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    My question is why the descrepacy in times, how can one FFL receive paperwork from the 18th while another is waiting for the 12th, smells of ********.

Because not everyone works at the same pace, and there are several folks at MSP who do these checks.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    indeed it is BUT :) how ironic i'm recieving something VIA UPS tomorrow monday ...i'm 95% sure or applications are delivered by carriers like DHL FEDEX or UPS not usps but again i could be wrong...have my :fingerscrossed: for tuesday

Nope, USPS or fax, that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom