• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    It's not over until it's over. If it makes it through the selected "few" house of Delegates, then it goes to a full house vote. Everyone needs to keep up the work and call!

It probably hasn't gotten the house committee votes because the dems have been meeting to grease the skids all the way through the process.

They want to plan out the votes on each amendment for both the committee and the floor house votes so they can rush the change over to the Senate for a quick vote.

Remember, they are focusing on the Senate version. So, once they schedule a house committee vote it is done all the way to OweMalley's signature.

You can bet on it. This brief delay is to appease a few fringe dems that want some minor concessions. But, you will get an assault grab, mag grab and licensing.... bet on it. They just might be changing some language to avoid confusion, making the grandfathering easier, making sense out of the mag penalty and easing licensing; but I am sure all of it will pass and be signed within the next two weeks.

Then, all the hunters, FFLs, gunshops and I-never-vote types who could have done more can just suck it up. Well, with the rest of us.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    defacto gun ban

I recently purchased an FS2000 and AR15 from a seller online as part of his collection he was selling off. He is VA and I'm in MD so we did a FTF transfer at my FFL. I thought since the FS2000 is not regulated, I would at least have one rifle to take home and target practice with. Needless to say I've only come home with ammo.

The FFL said the would be treating both rifles as regulated, even though the FS2000 is not on the MSP roster, it was their discretion because it fired the same round. Also, since I am day 31 in to my 7 day wait period of having not received the "not disapproved" response back, they will not submit any more paperwork on my behalf since according to them the 30 day wait starts when I receive the paperwork back, not when I've submitted the paperwork (2/13). They said come back once my MD C&R permit is approved, then they can submit it.

Since I have two more pistols and two more rifles (one is a PS90 for crying out loud) they said they would treat all of the above as MD regulated and I would be free to mass submit once my Collectors permit from 1/19 is approved.

This day sucked.

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    I recently purchased an FS2000 and AR15 from a seller online as part of his collection he was selling off. He is VA and I'm in MD so we did a FTF transfer at my FFL. I thought since the FS2000 is not regulated, I would at least have one rifle to take home and target practice with. Needless to say I've only come home with ammo.

The FFL said the would be treating both rifles as regulated, even though the FS2000 is not on the MSP roster, it was their discretion because it fired the same round. Also, since I am day 31 in to my 7 day wait period of having not received the "not disapproved" response back, they will not submit any more paperwork on my behalf since according to them the 30 day wait starts when I receive the paperwork back, not when I've submitted the paperwork (2/13). They said come back once my MD C&R permit is approved, then they can submit it.

Since I have two more pistols and two more rifles (one is a PS90 for crying out loud) they said they would treat all of the above as MD regulated and I would be free to mass submit once my Collectors permit from 1/19 is approved.

This day sucked.

"their discretion"

Maybe your FFL is tired of getting phone calls from all the folks looking to purchase just one gun and finding the system jammed.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

This day sucked.

Definitely find another FFL ... well worth driving up the road a little than dealing with that crap. Who knows how much deeper it will get when it starts out like that.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Bait and switch. I had asked about 3 of my purchases and how they handle unregulated transfers prior to having my orders sent there, only to be told regulated once they had them in hand.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    One of the guys I coach little league with told me that his brother works in the tag and title division in Pikesville. However, two days a week he is assigned to firearms licensing to try to help elevate some of the load. He also stated that his brother said everything is still done on paper and not electronically.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    What are the wait times up to? I am at 5 weeks on one and 4 weeks on two others. Are we seeing 6 weeks now?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    FS2000 and the PS90 (or the SCAR) for that matter are not on the list. Definitely standard 4473 only.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I hit 30 days today. I figure I'll get a call in two weeks.

I wouldnt count on it.

I just read a post from a guy who has bought several pistols this year, he confirmed his wait in early January was 6 weeks. He is now at 6 weeks again, I am also at 6 weeks on a pistol.

Cmoney, I would truly appreciate hearing when you do get your gun.

I see Loader got one in 37 back in Jan and he and his wife are waiting on more.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Tomorrow will be day 40 for me. I'm usually patient with these types of situations, but now I'm getting pretty irritated after having spent over $2k and having nothing to show for it.

I have no proof that MSP is dragging their feet intentionally, but I am starting to believe that is the case. Even factoring in internet sales, how can wait times be increasing when there is little left to buy? I was in Bass Pro yesterday and counted only 13 handguns in the case.

The cynical side of me also says why would I trust MSP not to drag their feet? This is the same MSP that shows up every year in Annapolis to testify against us.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    FS2000 and the PS90 (or the SCAR) for that matter are not on the list. Definitely standard 4473 only.

I know a that was one of the attractive elements, no wait time. Their response was"regulated or their copies"and it was their discretion as to what qualified as a copy, even though several employees admitted to having never seen an fs2000. This after I've already had my other two shipped there.

What will MSP think when their already backed up office gets forms for three unregulated firearms?

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    Tomorrow will be day 40 for me. I'm usually patient with these types of situations, but now I'm getting pretty irritated after having spent over $2k and having nothing to show for it.

I have no proof that MSP is dragging their feet intentionally, but I am starting to believe that is the case. Even factoring in internet sales, how can wait times be increasing when there is little left to buy? I was in Bass Pro yesterday and counted only 13 handguns in the case.

The cynical side of me also says why would I trust MSP not to drag their feet? This is the same MSP that shows up every year in Annapolis to testify against us.

Well, I am heading up to the Aberdeen rally but I must add:

The multiple purchase folks in January are being added to each month as more folks come into play. There is no diminishing number of people buying guns, only more folks starting to buy.

We will never get through the glut of January purchases let alone new folks buying something online that will come into the system in the next few months. If you bought this month, count on July - that is unless the paperwork gets lost and then you will never see it.

The only hope. And I mean the only remote hope is that this law does not go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom