• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TigerWoody

Master Baiter
    Oct 23, 2011
    Baltimore
    If I buy a shotgun online in Florida and have it shipped here to an FFL, is there a 7 day wait or do they just hand the shotgun over since its unregulated?

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    If I buy a shotgun online in Florida and have it shipped here to an FFL, is there a 7 day wait or do they just hand the shotgun over since its unregulated?

It must be shipped to a FFL up here. It is yours after you pass an instant background check.

edit: If it is not clearly unregulated, the FFL might want to run it as regulated. Check with the local FFL first. You may have to check that the seller has the FFL information for your dealer up here.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    can you buy HBAR AR's in VA ?

Yes. The biggest problem is finding an FFL in VA that understands MD's law. We know that HBAR isn't regulated and things like M&P 15-22 and Sig 522 aren't regulated, but I've been turned away at VA gun shows because dealers don't want to deal with it. I always find someone willing to sell them (legal that is).

bigE915

Feb 19, 2013
    How do I purchase a hand gun from a Va resident if I live in MD? How does that work? I want purchase from my brother that lives in Va legally.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    How do I purchase a hand gun from a Va resident if I live in MD? How does that work? I want purchase from my brother that lives in Va legally.

If it is a regulated firearm then it needs to go through an FFL, AFAIK.

If it is C&R eligible then there is another avenue.

Also, there is no mandatory registration in MD at the moment.

Hmiller613

Apr 8, 2021
    VA gun show

Going to the dulles gun show I have my hql I know I have to fill out a 77r is there anything else I need to fill out? Anyone know of the cost transfer cost?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    After you enter the main door to the building , turn left . Continue until you approach the entrance to the " small " ( but still large by normal standards ) side room . Just before you get there , you will see a large banner for MSI . The nice Volunteers there at the booth will be glad to assist you in person as to what and how of whatever you are contemplating buying .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom