• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Oh the woes of living here... anyway, for any of you out of staters where Bud's will actually ship a >10 cap magazine, here is a Sig p226 TacPac that I tried to order. It went through on a "make an offer" for $580, but then I had to call them and they cancelled due to mag restrictions... :mad54:

Sweet deal if you can get it. Comes with holster, laser/light, extra mag.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/83362

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Gus at Accurate Pawn has a second store in Delaware, if Buds will ship there, I'm sure Gus would transfer it to his store here, would have to get the mags from the Delaware store thou.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Nope, I had heard similar issues with them before, but figured at this price, it was worth a shot! Also tried to explain that the FFL could pin the mags or not issue them... no dice.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Nope. Bud's is pretty much off the radar for MDers at this point...

I've had good luck with them lately. They are just sticklers about keeping packaging together (not removing magazines for shipping). As long as it is 10 rds or less and on the roster.

GrabAGun will remove the magazine for you. Just call and ask.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I've had good luck with them lately. They are just sticklers about keeping packaging together (not removing magazines for shipping). As long as it is 10 rds or less and on the roster.

It's abosultely ludicrous to not ship any gun as-is to any ffl. It's up to the the ffl transferring to the individual to decide what to do with mags, not the original seller(buds, grabagun, gunbroker, etc) who is shipping to an ffl.

When I bought from grabagun early last year, they shipped my mag separately to PA. However, I think they've changed their stance on that since then.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco

Thanks, will keep that in mind. Do you know if GrabAGun will ship the mag for pinning by the FFL or ship the mag to a secondary (out of MD) address?

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    It's abosultely ludicrous to not ship any gun as-is to any ffl. It's up to the the ffl transferring to the individual to decide what to do with mags, not the seller.

When I bought from grabagun early last year, they shipped my mag separately to PA. However, I think they've changed their stance on that since then.

I feel you brother. Especially when yours (and my) local FFL is willing to pin the magazine down. Found this out the hard way, like you I'm guessing.

Last time I talked to GAG was in early November and they still offered the mag removal. Didn't ask about shipping to a different address though.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Has this been verified? I need to go look at my records, but pretty sure I bought a handgun from Buds, year ago or so, and they shipped to MD.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Thanks, will keep that in mind. Do you know if GrabAGun will ship the mag for pinning by the FFL or ship the mag to a secondary (out of MD) address?

I'm not sure. Their customer service is decent though.

Could always ask a local FFL to order for you? A lot of times, they can get the same price for you.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    It's abosultely ludicrous to not ship any gun as-is to any ffl. It's up to the the ffl transferring to the individual to decide what to do with mags, not the original seller(buds, grabagun, gunbroker, etc) who is shipping to an ffl.

That's what I tried to explain to Bud's, with no success.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Has this been verified? I need to go look at my records, but pretty sure I bought a handgun from Buds, year ago or so, and they shipped to MD.

They will ship a handgun, sure. Just none with a 10+ mag cap. You have your choice of CA and MA compliant versions... most are significantly marked up. :sad20:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's what I tried to explain to Bud's, with no success.

yeah, bc you're trying to explain something to an operator who has a card(or computer screen) in front of them with rules and policies written by company lawyers. They're PROBABLY not gonna take your word for it ;)

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    yeah, bc you're trying to explain something to an operator who has a card(or computer screen) in front of them with rules and policies written by company lawyers. They're PROBABLY not gonna take your word for it ;)

IDK, maybe if they get enough people telling them their policies don't make sense the message will trickle up the line?

I will save everyone the trouble, here you go: :lol:

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    Well, if nothing else, at least I know to give GrabAGun a try. Ironically, the original deal was through their site anyway, but they went out of stock and then I went to Bud's and their "make an offer" software was basically just matching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom