• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/schrade-drop-point-folder?utm_source=linkshare&referer=3ZXZ6R

You will need to register to see the price and order from Massdrop, use the link above to find it faster.

The info/advice from the buying manager is spot on, so I took it!

JonasHeineman
    Buying Manager Massdrop
    Schrade is part of the Taylor Brands family - they make low-priced knives in China. Most people would buy this as a backup, or as their first pocket knife to get a feel for EDC folders. They are "legit" in the sense that they are not fake, if that's your meaning, but fall squarely into the "entry-level" category. While you're at it, grab a Morakniv Basic 511 for $7.99 while we have them (I bought 3 - 1 to try and 2 to gift), doubtful they come back at this price, and then you will have a good point of comparison because of their similar sizes but very different styles, materials, country of origin, functions, etc. for under $20 total.

I couldn't believe this deal when I first saw it. Yes its made in China, but its an excellent value for under $10 (delivered). I decided to buy 3, one for me to demo, and the other two to give away. I'm not certain if I'll receive the black (BK) or orange (OR) models, either would be great.

While you are at it, and for the money you saved, this is also by far the best price/deal on a Mora knife I've ever seen:

Morakniv Basic 511

*edit - sorry the Mora is no longer available, it was the same price as this Schrade knife. The Schrade is still on drop for the next couple days*

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    _vyr_9750Nuz-Schrade-SCH221BK-zaviraci.jpg

Specs

Schrade - SCH221BK
    Blade: 9Cr18MoV stainless steel
    Grind: Hollow
    Handle: Aluminum
    Stainless steel liner lock
    Thumbstud for opening
    Pocket clip for right-handed tip-down carry
    Blade thickness: 0.11 in (2.8 mm)
    Blade length: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
    Closed length: 4.75 in (12.1 cm)
    Overall length: 8.25 in (21 cm)
    Weight: 4.9 oz (139 g)

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I couldn't believe this deal when I first saw it. Yes its made in China, but its an excellent value for under $10 (delivered). I decided to buy 3, one for me to demo, and the other two to give away.

I did the exact same thing....I thought it was a mistake at first, cuz you hardly ever see a knife on Massdrop for under 10 bucks. I almost went for the Morakniv too, but I already have 5 or 6 various models of those.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I did the exact same thing....I thought it was a mistake at first, cuz you hardly ever see a knife on Massdrop for under 10 bucks. I almost went for the Morakniv too, but I already have 5 or 6 various models of those.

Same here, Moras are a great value, excellent general purpose knife. Have found a lot of younger folks aren't carrying knives that should. Having a good EDC blade is an imperative in my book; so being able to pick up a couple to give away is helping them and all of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom