The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    They canceled my SPP order. SRPs still processing. :P

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    SPP's have been shipped. Now I'm paranoid with the SRP's still being in processing...Got some re-assurance from live chat that there are no issues with the order and should ship eventually, but who knows what will happen...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Congrats to people that got some. Or copped some as the kids say... I didn’t get any email or Discord alerts... oh well.

i think they're long gone before they even get to any email alerts, i have gotten few to none.

the prob with discord alerts is that folks are posting those AFTER they have bought and checked out, so by the time you get them you're already behind the 8 ball...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    i think they're long gone before they even get to any email alerts, i have gotten few to none.

the prob with discord alerts is that folks are posting those AFTER they have bought and checked out, so by the time you get them you're already behind the 8 ball...
    May I ask what 'membership' level you are in on Distill(if that is what you are using)?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    May I ask what 'membership' level you are in on Distill(if that is what you are using)?

honestly that program/app is so confusing, i have no idea. i certainly have not paid anything. i guess i have posted enough now in the "in stock discussion" that i am able to post in "stock notifications."

it's a pretty cool app, that is for sure. but even with it i haven't made it across the finish line plenty of times, lots of folks like us all vying for the same 100 boxes of primers...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    honestly that program/app is so confusing, i have no idea. i certainly have not paid anything. i guess i have posted enough now in the "in stock discussion" that i am able to post in "stock notifications."

it's a pretty cool app, that is for sure. but even with it i haven't made it across the finish line plenty of times, lots of folks like us all vying for the same 100 boxes of primers...

Thanks. I get ya. It gets down right frustrating. I've turned both apps off. I'm sure there's a golden hour to peruse the websites for the restockings. Early am I guess?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    it's mostly during the day that i've seen. i haven't woken up to too many missed drops. yesterday there was a flurry of activity around 5-6pm. and then midway dropped primers around 9pm. haven't tried but haven't seen any sort of pattern. distill is nice in that it's running in the background so you just have to be near your pc to hear the dings. just looking at a few midway orders, i see 8am, 3pm and then 9pm or so, so all over the place. not sure if they randomize it on purpose, or it's based on when they get supplied, or what.

just to be clear, there's really no reason to turn them off if you're still hunting. worst case you miss out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Glad you guys got some. I got the notification, but the SPP and SRP were gone when I brought the page up about 10 seconds after the notification.

They had boxes of LRP and cases of BR4 for awhile (okay for like 4-5 minutes for the LRP and about 10 for the BR4 while I was watching. Which is an eternity in primers). Pretty darned good on the LRP, so I passed, and the BR4, even though I know Midway had them at prepandemic prices, just couldn’t bring myself to blow $400 on a case. Even if 1k regular primers are going for $250-300 in some cases. Not desperate yet. I’ve got awhile before I am dry. Either the market will have mostly fixed itself by the time I am dry or I’ll get lucky and snag a case of SRP or SRPM acting fast.

Midway seems to be getting some primers about every week to 10 days, even if it isn’t a lot or last long. So far I’ve managed to get some along the way. Really just need a case of SRP (or even a box). Might dip my toes in to trading a box of SPP for SRP here this spring if I keep striking out (but I load a LOT more pistol than rifle).

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Got setup on discord and wonder how/if notifications work- do they pop up like any other push notification ? Looking at #in-stock notifications seems to be some leads but mostly gone by the time posted. Thank for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Got setup on discord and wonder how/if notifications work- do they pop up like any other push notification ? Looking at #in-stock notifications seems to be some leads but mostly gone by the time posted. Thank for any info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes , they work like other notifications. I’ve been on it for 2- weeks. Even when you get notification it’s too late. At least that’s how my luck has been. I was on my phone when I got notification and still couldn’t get anything. It is good for powder and bullets if you need any of those. Good luck

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    More sites need to add captcha to stop bots.

And I wish, if you get it in your cart, they would give you a reasonable time to check out. It is not like if you put something in the cart, and it stays for 15 minutes, they will not still sell it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

And I wish, if you get it in your cart, they would give you a reasonable time to check out. It is not like if you put something in the cart, and it stays for 15 minutes, they will not still sell it.
    What do you think of Powder Valley's method? If they don't have it in stock, they don't display a product.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

Do the notifications that come through Discord come from people, people running bots, or just plain bots ?

I would say there's a small number of true bots that can detect and purchase in a completely automated fashion, but then again I've under-estimated mankind in the past...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    my guess is the discord notifications come from people typing them in. one, there is certain stuff/format they want you to type, and two, presumably those that are posting have already bought and that's why when the notice comes it, it's mostly too late.

i think one good rule of thumb is if you get notifications for, let's say, midway, then keep refreshing your wishlist there as chances are they'll release more stuff.

between late dec thru jan i've gotten some 35k of primers between spp, srp and lrp, and some 70# of powder (all but the elusive h1000). so the discord/distill thing is definitely working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom