• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have only good things to say; been going for 25 years. Have been only once since covid; shooting out doors now on eastern shore. Bought powder at a very fair price. But usually had a range membership. Loved u could draw from the holster. Found they treated me like an adult. Once in a while there would be an employee with an attitude, but i always found staff and owners helpful and not cloying. They leave you be until you ask for help. Sorry to hear jay retired. Enjoyed speaking with him always. I liked their used guns. Often a gem could be found. Prices could be high, but after time in shelf, jimmy might negotiate. Bought some nice colt saa. Always looked at them as a valuable resource to shooters and tried to support them. And their range is so much nicer than free state’s and u r permitted to cc in their shop. Good place for many reasons. Might go today.

baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    A tale of Two Continental's...they changed for better!

Years back before 2010 MD Rifle Grab Ban I went in to Continental shopping for an AR-15 and a AK-47 on way home from work in a suit. I was a Revolver and Handgun guy, just learning about AR's & AK's off the WWW. Saw quite this AR-15 from Baltimore's own Adcor Defense. I asked an older long curly haired guy sales guy with tight clothes to see the AR-15. He hands the Adcor to me holding onto it. I wanted to hold the AR and look down the sights into the floor like I would be shooting with finger flat above trigger (no one else was in store, but just what I do habit). He leaned over counter, still not letting go almost daring me. I ask if I can hold the firearm, so he lets go and mumbling about how I am holding the rifle "Oooh, You want to hold the firearm". He was weird! I asked questions about AR gas designs & manufacturer quality differences - he repeats mimics exactly every word what I say and repeatedly answers 'they all work". He then says staring at me "Look Mr Fancy pants are you interested in buying a gun today or just shopping". I swear I remember this like yesterday, it was such a weird encounter. I actually felt unsafe with this odd 60's looking human reject who was wearing a firearm. I said nothing, just turned and walked across showroom to the front doors. MF'er actually yells "Don't let the door hit you on the way out!" Unbelievable. Bought LOTS firearms elsewhere over years, mostly from Industry Partners here on MD Shooters.

NOW - lets move to 2018 years later, I wanted a particular Ruger PC Carbine and to look at a particular SBR where Continental was a dealer listed with two other local dealers on the companies websites. Called three dealers for prices. Continental on the phone sales lady could not have been more professional and gave me best price over other dealers on the phone. I went that night and bought the PCC on the spot and ordered the SBR. I told them of my misadventure with long haired guy years earlier and sales lady tells an older woman who then comments that person has not worked here for years. She says "I am sorry you had a bad experience, we are taking care of you now and hopefully you become a regular customer". Everyone I have dealt at Continental is very professional and nice. Their prices are up and down, from expensive on some items to the best price. To their credit they always comment to try and give me their best price and say they can do no better. Are not all shops like that anyway? I have spent quite a bit with Continental, good people and good service buying. They have given me advice on what and where to buy aftermarket items they do not carry. They have told me great advice avoiding certain products and firearms - which I have always found right on and really helpful!

Their range setup is really nice as well and again a really professional staff from lobby showroom to range counter sign-in to in range official. They are even particularly great asking if they can give my children (now 14 & 15) advice when I take them one at a time to the range with me teaching them about firearms. Recommend Continental highly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom