• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Please join us next Monday night: May 10, 2021 at 8 PM on the public sidewalk at College Avenue and Bladen Street in Annapolis in front of Lawyers Mall for a candlelight memorial service to honor the courageous life and legacy of the late Jeff Hulbert, who passed away on Monday this week after a five-year battle with cancer.

After Jeff’s memorial service, we will distribute every Patriot Picket sign, banner and flag in our inventory (or BYOS or BYOF) to all who wish to join us to walk a candlelit sign picket around both the Maryland Statehouse and the Governor’s Mansion, first COUNTERCLOCKWISE entirely around the Statehouse, then crossing the street and continuing CLOCKWISE around the Governor’s Mansion.

This figure-eight route symbolizes that we honor Jeff’s life and contributions - - and our Second Amendment rights - - for eternity.

Everyone who can join us for dinner next Monday night at 6:30 PM at the City Dock location of MISSION BBQ are encouraged to meet up with us there to enjoy barbecue together before Jeff’s memorial service, in the same spirit of fellowship and friendship that Jeff lived and truly loved.

The Mission BBQ location on Somerville Avenue in Parole is a recommended alternate. All are welcome to use this thread to coordinate meal meet ups, as well as car pools.

After our candlelit sign picket is complete all you liberty-loving Patriots who are by now very thirsty are invited to an Irish Wake in Jeff’s honor by walking over to the Rams Head on West Street.

Parking is available on the city streets, at City Dock and in nearby public parking garages.

I will continue to update this OP all week with new/latest information and answer questions posed in this thread about this event.

Jeff would have loved being with us next Monday; I know, because we discussed it, and he told me so shortly before he passed.

Jeff and I and our family will be honored if you could be there.

Attachments

• 5AA1831A-FFF0-45E5-9C34-9477B0F8DAA6.jpg
      5AA1831A-FFF0-45E5-9C34-9477B0F8DAA6.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 1,543
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Jeff is the founder of Patriot Picket, and he is my twin brother. I love you Jeff.

Jeff was of course known here on MDS as “Rack&Roll” and he courageously and tirelessly fought for more than a decade for our Second Amendment rights in Maryland.

The choice of next Monday night to meet up on the public sidewalk for Jeff’s memorial service is deliberate: years ago Patriot Picket created “MAN UP MONDAYS” in Annapolis, where we demonstrated with our pro-2A sign messaging “On The Bricks” on Monday nights to the public, and actively engaged with all Maryland legislators walking by us on their way to their 8 PM evening MGA legislative session.

It was on this same sidewalk, on the “Man Up Monday” night of February 5, 2018, that Jeff and I were un-Constitutionally arrested for exercising our First Amendment rights in defense of the Second Amendment:

Our illegal arrests remain the subject of an ongoing Federal Civil Rights lawsuit.

We were accompanied that night by a courageous group of experienced MDS and Patriot Picket members who were also threatened multiple times with arrest; Jeff prevented this by requesting they move behind us as we were arrested.

Nevertheless, they ALL remained near us, and even continued demonstrating with signs and recording our arrests on video as we were led to the Maryland Capitol Police squad cars.

Jeff’s candlelight memorial service at 8 PM honors his life, fellowship and his dedication to our cause;
    at his memorial service you will hear again the sound of Jeff’s voice proclaiming the very words he spoke that night defending our Constitutional right to be on that sidewalk, and meet the courageous Patriots who stood with us.

Our candlelight walking picket around the Statehouse and the Governor’s Mansion, in addition to honoring Rack&Roll, also pays tribute all those who have fought to preserve and defend our Constitutional rights against the state legislators and governors who would vote away and sign away our sacred rights for their personal political ambition.

Our signs, flags and banners are a reminder that we will always stand for our liberty, and death does not dissuade us.

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    See you there.
    So sorry for your loss. I knew this day would come, but I’ve shed more tears than I thought I would.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Sorry for your loss. Jeff was an inspiration to us all in the 2A community.

I will probably not make it for the dinner but will be at the State House/Governor's mansion.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    See you for dinner, the walk, and the salute afterwords

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    Thanks so much Kevin for organizing this celebration.
    The two Hulbert yutes were an inspiration for me.

And I so enjoyed hitting the bricks in Naptown with you guys and the entire PP gang!

Bless you sir.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I'll be wearing my blue PP shirt and tan khaki pants. I think Jeff would be fine with any 2A outerwear. Celebrate Jeff and his contributions.

And flags. Definitely flags.

Attachments

• flags_2021feb21_01.jpg
      flags_2021feb21_01.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 648

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I wish I could join you fine patriots. I will be in Texas and will wear my PP shirt that evening and my WWNC shirt during the day.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Jeff enjoyed full tactical as you can see by the OP pic.

By all means, full tactical/camo/empty holster is representing too.

Be happy. Wear what makes you proud and happy because Jeff did too.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    I’ll be there. It’ll be an honor to walk those bricks again.

NRA Life ∙ MSI ∙ MD Designated Collector ∙ Certified Beer & Mead Judge

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom