• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    for video tolling. just go to that states website and enter your vehicle information, instead of waiting for the bill to come in the mail.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    This thread reminded me I've had this new car for a month and I better remove old car and put in the new one.

Found and old email from last April and clicked on the link...

Attachments

• Not E-Z.jpg
      Not E-Z.jpg
      10.7 KB · Views: 383

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I drove across the Key Bridge a couple months ago, and assumed I'd get a bill in the mail. I haven't seen one. What should I do?

You can go to the EZ pass page and find any tolls associated with your plate number and pay them.

https://csc.driveezmd.com/pay-tolls-now

Thanks!

I checked and found a $5.10 charge, and paid it.

Looks like those sneaky bastards would have racked up my penalties. What a scam!

We are ruled by utterly corrupt incompetents.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Thanks!

I checked and found a $5.10 charge, and paid it.

Looks like those sneaky bastards would have racked up my penalties. What a scam!

We are ruled by utterly corrupt incompetents.

This is what happened to a friend of mine. He got a past due notice with a bunch of late fees as the first correspondence months after after a pass-less trip over the bay bridge.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    The Corona has nothing to do with removing the cash booths. This was in the making well before the Woo Foo chit. Its simply easy to have scanners and then the counting of cash and shortages and all is not there. Its to cut costs of paying toll collectors. It seems illegal to me to have people like me stuck in an area that I cant use and wont use the tunnels or bridges at all. Eff them and their commie decisions to force people to get an EZ Pass even if you only use it a few times a year. Its amazing that as of this moment a commercial is on telling people that they will get a notice in the mail if they dont have a pass. Telling you to get the ez pass at Giant stores or online LOL.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    2 different relatives visiting from out of state here have gotten bills for tolls in MD (the other in MD and DE and PA) from when they visited the area in March/April in their mail.

Another borrowed my ezpass and got tickets in the mail because the plates didnt match the ones on file and also another for speeding through a toll plaza.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I broke down and got an MD EZ-Pass back in 2016 or so, since tolls were a big part of the job at the time. Two dollars per trip was really nice, and the automatic recharge from my CC made it easy.

I checked a while ago, and it seems that the plan I'm on is no longer offered, but there have been no changes to my account. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

I did see an ad yesterday that you can now register your plate rather than having a transponder, Not sure how that works for actual toll charges, though.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    This thread gives me way more chills than chuckles (love the bike rack idea, seriously looking into that, now!); and, all just another reason I can give my children and grandchildren as to why I never intend to set foot in MD again, while I am alive, at least … (wife and I still have burial plots there but, she has no idea I’m very much leaning towards gifting that to another member of her family ….!)

Last edited:

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I did see an ad yesterday that you can now register your plate rather than having a transponder, Not sure how that works for actual toll charges, though.
    Assuming you also have to enter a credit card number along with your license plate number, they probably just read your LP via camera and bill your CC when that comes up as matching to that LP.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Pay By Plate costs more.

Bay Bridge example:

E-ZPass Maryland $2.50
    Out of State E-ZPass $4.00
    Pay-By-Plate $4.00
    Video Tolls $6.00
    Discount Plan (if available) $1.40 **

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Yep got over 300.00 dollars in fine doing interstate with our welding service trucks from Md. to NY . the state of MD decided to deny our credit card and then the chain reaction thru all the states . We called MD> they said sorry and did nothing to help us correct the problem so we had to pay the fines .

It was MD's fault and our problem , it was cheaper for me to pay them . I have to make money in other places and did not have the time to deal with it .

That called bureaucratic black mail, and governments use it quite effectively.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Our society has become more and more disjointed, dysfunctional and way to intitled. Just because their was a pandemic people think they do not have to pay their bills.

The Gov froze landlords from evicted tenants. However, they owe the landlords back rent and or mortgages and will have to pay it back. Tolls, why the hell do you think you should not pay them? You used the services, used the roads; so do you think you do not need to pay for your car, pay for your groceries, doctor bills, car insurance or do we just pick and choose what we have to pay for.

For those who think they do not need to pay their bills and use excuses your are not congress! So put on your big boy/girl pants and buck up. :bullhorn:

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    IT'S NOT JUST TOLLS

It's everything now days. You have to have an APP or create an account , digital coupons, you just can't go online and buy something or go to the doctors without everybody wanting into your personal data.
    I tried to move my daughter's new Jeep out of the driveway. It's a stick shift, I can drive a stick. Keyless ignition, figure out all the buttons, the mirrors, it took me awhile to figure out how to get it started and in reverse. The four way flashers came on, never figured that one out, just left them on.
    Several time over a few years I tried to get a USPS account because you NEED one to use the online services and to get supplies. After many many attempts it keeps coming up I have an account which I probably created more than a few years ago. When I try to access that account it says I don't have one. When I try to create a new one it says I have one.
    All this new stuff keeps getting rammed down your throat.
    MIDAWY USA gave out my "stuff" last time I looked at their website and made an order. Out of curiosity I looked to see if they had a nice fishing hat. The only place I looked on line. Now on the news, the weather, everywhere I go, fishing hats keep coming up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I just register my tags with EZ PASS, don't worry about the transponder.

Pay By Plate costs more.

Bay Bridge example:

E-ZPass Maryland $2.50
    Out of State E-ZPass $4.00
    Pay-By-Plate $4.00
    Video Tolls $6.00
    Discount Plan (if available) $1.40 **

Why not get the EZ Pass???

There is no charge for it

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    2 different relatives visiting from out of state here have gotten bills for tolls in MD (the other in MD and DE and PA) from when they visited the area in March/April in their mail.

Another borrowed my ezpass and got tickets in the mail because the plates didnt match the ones on file and also another for speeding through a toll plaza.

I have loaned a transponder to people on many occasions. The toll was deducted from my account and no tickets were issued. I did not add their tag numbers either. I currently have a new car that has gone thru several tolls with no problems without adding the tag number.

Since they changed the system, I can’t even figure out how to add a vehicle to my account

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you have a transponder, they only use the plate number if the transponder does not read properly.

And if you get the letter for the plate toll, you can call and add them to your account, and they will deduct the EZ Pass toll amount. I have done this a few times over the years. We started with an M-Tag before it became EZ Pass.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    So, I am to believe that everyone going through a Corona toll plaza that does not have a manned cash accepting booth due to changes from the virus, is receiving a notice in the mail collecting a couple bucks.

You mean to tell me, all of the EZ Passless people are also relying on the incredibly unreliable US mail at getting them this magical bill. And, if they don't, they will acrue fines and penalties swelling said $4 bill to possibly hundreds of dollars over time if left unknowingly unpaid. And since there is a mechanism between EZ Pass and the rotten co-op that is the MVA, on top of all of this delinquency, registrations could be flagged on renewal.

I call BS and say EZ Pass holders are the only ones paying tolls.

What say you regarding this logistics cluster F?

Yes. We're a lot like the vaxers. We take the pain so the anti Easy-passers don't have to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom