• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markpixs

Apr 23, 2011
    NOVA
    A surprising ruling on self-defense in Balto, it's ok to protect your home and self -https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-maryland-laws-home-intruder-20210830-dvzv5jp72zdklh5mrbkpowqu24-story.html
    (spoiler alert)
    "His trial concluded in a single afternoon. The victim didn’t show. When prosecutors finished their case, which consisted only of the officer’s testimony, the defense attorney urged the judge to throw out the charges. Before the prosecutor could respond, Circuit Judge Jennifer Schiffer cut off arguments.

“I’m going to call counsel back into my chambers,” she said, sternly.

When they returned to the courtroom, Schiffer said she was granting Taylor’s request for a judgment of acquittal and dismissing the case.

“Given the fact that Mr. Brown has encountered a burglar in his house, I am convinced that Mr. Brown was entitled to use deadly force,” she said."

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yes the prosecutor's office dropped the charges against the burglar, bring charges against the homeowner :mad54:

:wtf:

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    A surprising ruling on self-defense in Balto, it's ok to protect your home and self -https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/bs-md-ci-cr-maryland-laws-home-intruder-20210830-dvzv5jp72zdklh5mrbkpowqu24-story.html
    (spoiler alert)
    "His trial concluded in a single afternoon. The victim didn’t show. When prosecutors finished their case, which consisted only of the officer’s testimony, the defense attorney urged the judge to throw out the charges. Before the prosecutor could respond, Circuit Judge Jennifer Schiffer cut off arguments.

“I’m going to call counsel back into my chambers,” she said, sternly.

When they returned to the courtroom, Schiffer said she was granting Taylor’s request for a judgment of acquittal and dismissing the case.

“Given the fact that Mr. Brown has encountered a burglar in his house, I am convinced that Mr. Brown was entitled to use deadly force,” she said."

What I would give to have been a fly on the wall in the judges chamber listening to the A$$ reaming the prosecutor received..:thumbsup:

PlumberEd

MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2020
    Taneytown
    It is unbelievable that Mr. Brown was charged and the SA dropped the charges against the intruder. What is even more unbelievable is the article in the Sun, they place all the blame on the homeowner and none one the intruder. The intruder is not even named.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The SA should be on the hook for malicious prosecution. The must be some way to get these zealots to lose their qualified immunity.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Incidents like that make me take SSS much more seriously. Some piece of filth invades your home and you are the one on the hook for $1000s of legal bills.... and an even worse POS prosecutor is willing to throw you in a cage.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Incidents like that make me take SSS much more seriously. Some piece of filth invades your home and you are the one on the hook for $1000s of legal bills.... and an even worse POS prosecutor is willing to throw you in a cage.

You and I paid for this one. The one he found out about from having an unrelated charge of running from the cops.

We'll be paying for the one next month too, when he'll again need a public defender in standing trial for drug and gun charges.

No, he shouldn't have been prosecuted. But I have a real good idea why he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom