• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I've lived in or near La Plata for over 40 years. I'm moving out, apparently just in time. This is nucking futs.

Attachments

• 20211001_194220.jpg
      20211001_194220.jpg
      131 KB · Views: 928

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Translation....the people who fvcked up PG County are moving, en masse, to La Plata.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I'm pretty sure there are federal mandates now in place where the multifamily units will be section 8.

Baltimore county got sued by HUD and lost , same thing happened.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    My family has migrated south over the last few generations. Starting in dc, then PG now in St. Mary’s. I guess we’re gonna be crossing the Potomac in mine or my kids lifetime.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    The time to move from La Plata was about a week before that F5 hit years ago (4/2002).

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Part of the reason I moved to Calvert in 2007.

Now all the Karen’s that moved to Calvert to get away from overdevelopment, congestion and traffic want their Olive Gardens, Targets, and big box stores, you know, the same stuff they moved here to get away from.

Kinda of like California Democrats moving to Texas to get away from the stupidity but then vote for the same craziness that caused them to move in the first place.

Three years and we’re headed to Eastern Tennessse!

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    Translation....the people who fvcked up PG County are moving, en masse, to La Plata.

The developments were approved by the La Plata town council a very long time ago. That poor excuse is used almost everything that appears to be wrong or go wrong in Charles County.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The developments were approved by the La Plata town council a very long time ago. That poor excuse is used almost everything that appears to be wrong or go wrong in Charles County.

Tell me that the population shift in Charles County is not the result of people moving there from DC and PG County, because you would be absolutely incorrect.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    301 used to be the route I would take to go to Richmond and other places South many, many years ago. In the late 50's I would go to Colonial Beach with my grandmother to stay at her cottage. Waldorf had one functioning traffic light and La Plata had a flashing yellow light. Very rural small town.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    301 used to be the route I would take to go to Richmond and other places South many, many years ago. In the late 50's I would go to Colonial Beach with my grandmother to stay at her cottage. Waldorf had one functioning traffic light and La Plata had a flashing yellow light. Very rural small town.

That's no different than Fredneck or Hagersbush. Both are now suburbs of DC.

MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    I’ve been in LaPlata for 48 years and, like Inspector 1489, have seen a lot of changes. When we moved here the town welcome sign boasted a population of 5,000! Like Altrox88, I too can remember when there was only one traffic light in Waldorf.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    'Heritage Green' is just a continuation of the sprawl that is coming up St Charles Parkway from the Dorf. The only difference is that it is under LP town planning authority , not county.
    The biggest issue I see is one of sewer capacity. The county developments all pump to the shitplant on the Mattawoman creek. That plant for all it's warts is competently run and the county spends a lot of money to operate it within safe limits. The town shitplant is a MickeyMouse operation that is still sized for the 2000 person village that built it. It basically sits in a backyard off Rt 6. Adding all the retail along 301 and Agricopia already exceeds what can be built in it's constrained footprint and every time it rains, untreated sewage runs into the Port Tobacco creek. Unless the town either contracts with the county to take the sewerage volume OR bonds a lot of money to build a new sewage plant, I dont see how they can accommodate another 10,000 dwelling units.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Retired from the Air Force in Georgia 1997 and moved to Waldorf to work in the Metro area, retired from the Rat race in 2017 and moved to Florida to enjoy life. The move to Florida felt so much better and life has been a dream.

Moral to the story, get out before it too late and you can't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom