• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    For those of you who love the classic full-frame metal handgun, but also the modern striker-fired standard issue, here's a new aluminum "grip module" released by Sig Sauer for the P320:

https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-axg-carry-medium-grip-module-titanium-color.html

Unfortunately this nearly doubles the price of a P320. Wooden grips are also available for a premium.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Think I'll hold off since I just dropped 900 on this Legion. I love the weight they added to the grip.
    040e300e12808fdf9dcad75046f53e09.jpg

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The P320 X5 Legion is a fantastic shooter. The out-of-the-box trigger isn't quite perfect, but it's more than adequate for kicking ass in competition, and can be improved on with a trip to Gray Guns or The Sig Armorer.

The problem with it is that it's annoying to carry AIWB due to the extreme weight, which is where the grip modules come in. Not sure I'm up for paying $400 for aluminum, but street at the usual places may be substantially lower.

missedthebarn

Jan 1, 2021
    The P320 X5 Legion is a fantastic shooter. The out-of-the-box trigger isn't quite perfect, but it's more than adequate for kicking ass in competition, and can be improved on with a trip to Gray Guns or The Sig Armorer.

The problem with it is that it's annoying to carry AIWB due to the extreme weight, which is where the grip modules come in. Not sure I'm up for paying $400 for aluminum, but street at the usual places may be substantially lower.
    Intrigued as well but definitely not paying $400 for it just to upgrade the backup 320.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Yeah this isn't a IWB carry gun. Not sure why they even have the word Carry in the model. It will find use in a nice leather OWB under a flannel or winter coat.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Besides, a 226 has 94 fewer Sigs than a 320 ... lame.

It is ridiculous, isn't it?
    I think I mentioned in another thread, to build a 365 "xl" on the FCU roughly cost 100 or so more than buying a from-the-factory XL WITH the Romeo sight on it. Crazy.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Despite the price, I do appreciate the direction Sig has headed with the modularity.

As far as metal framed sigs, I've had my eye on the Sig p226 Legion SAO for some time now. I almost never see them in the wild, but if I come across one NIB, I may have a hard time saying no.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I was in Gettysburg Trading Post paying off my layaway P226 and I started looking at a P320 AXG Classic. The AXG Classic comes with a stainless steel frame and had nice weight. A beautiful pistol indeed. Then I held a P320 XCompact Spectre. Although I am not a fan of the Spectre upper slide finish it doesn't bother me either. The Spectre felt like it was made for my hand so I bought it. I am going to allow myself one more pistol. It's going to be a Legion. I can't justify spending the money so I am going to move out a few .22 revolvers that are safe queens to justify my purchase. Being new to Sigs I just can't believe how nice shooters they are out of the box.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Some people just want to go the striker-fired route. There is a certain element of simplicity that I appreciate while being on the clock at a match or class. I also think the modularity of the P320 is pretty appealing, albeit I don't use it so much. On a Glock, this meant I had to put up with kind of a terrible trigger pull, albeit this has changed now that the Timney is out. With a P320, I have options to get a pretty rocking trigger that's ~2-3lbs.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I looked at them, stumbled across the wilson combat grip module. going to order those.

I just ordered one.

Excellent choice, you're going to love it.

I ordered a Wilson Combat 320 last year and since I couldn't wait also picked up their grip module and swapped it out on my Carry model. Turns out the WC came in less than a month later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom