• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Phasing Joe out already?

NEW – VP Kamala Harris has begun to take calls with foreign leaders on behalf of Biden. Harris has had two calls with Macron and Trudeau, according to the National Pulse.

— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) February 16, 2021

Via National Pulse:

The White House published a readout yesterday entitled “Readout of Vice President Kamala Harris Call with President Emmanuel Macron of France.”

It states:

Vice President Kamala Harris spoke today with President Emmanuel Macron of France, and expressed her commitment to strengthening bilateral ties between the United States and France and to revitalizing the transatlantic alliance. Vice President Harris and President Macron agreed on the need for close bilateral and multilateral cooperation to address COVID-19, climate change, and support democracy at home and around the world. They also discussed numerous regional challenges, including those in the Middle East and Africa, and the need to confront them together. The Vice President thanked President Macron for his leadership on the issue of gender equality and for France’s contribution to NASA’s Mars 2020 Perseverance rover.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I suspect that Joe is perfectly fine with this and to some degree probably is encouraging K to be a very active VP. The bottom line is that the future of the Democrat party is not Joe and he knows it. In fact he has just one job to do in the next 4 years and that is to get KH elected.

I am not a constitutional scholar but I am curious are there any specific limitations placed on a VP. Can she negotiate on behalf of the United States? I assume she can have as many calls, meetings and contacts she wants to have as long as those on the opposite end of the table are willing to discuss/negotiate issues. If she does negotiate on behalf of the US and Congress/Senate approves any treaty or agreement then, I guess it becomes law. If the dems had a wider margin in both houses, I suspect we would see this happen.

Gilo

Jan 20, 2019
    Isn't it rather disrespectful to other countries to send a VP to talk to the highest powers????? As if Joe is too good to call them himself.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Isn't it rather disrespectful to other countries to send a VP to talk to the highest powers????? As if Joe is too good to call them himself.

Those foreign leaders already know what's going down - their embassies have undoubtedly provided assessments of current American imbeciles politicians.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I suspect that Joe is perfectly fine with this and to some degree probably is encouraging K to be a very active VP. The bottom line is that the future of the Democrat party is not Joe and he knows it. In fact he has just one job to do in the next 4 years and that is to get KH elected.

I am not a constitutional scholar but I am curious are there any specific limitations placed on a VP. Can she negotiate on behalf of the United States? I assume she can have as many calls, meetings and contacts she wants to have as long as those on the opposite end of the table are willing to discuss/negotiate issues. If she does negotiate on behalf of the US and Congress/Senate approves any treaty or agreement then, I guess it becomes law. If the dems had a wider margin in both houses, I suspect we would see this happen.

This idea of paving her way for 2024 is the real gist of it all. First female president AND person of color. The ticket writes itself. Get Pete in there and satisfy many of the SJW needs.

Along the way to 2024 one needs to perfect the dominion voting machines, ratchet up some loose ends..

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Anyway, I'll bet she follows the script exactly to the letter.

I hear deviating from the State Department script is an impeachable offense.

iu

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Generally Yes. However, If everyone believes that KH is highly likely to be POTUS in 4 years OR sooner, then they will likely treat her with a bit more respect than say Dan Quayle.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Article II says "the President shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties ..." Doesn't say "or his delegates." Seems like a slightly grey-area in that the delegation is staying within the Executive branch, but I would expect the Nondelegation Doctrine to be applied to treaty negotiation. However, I could certainly see VP Harris laying the groundwork for a rubber-stamp from Joe to make everything Constitutionally kosher.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Article II says "the President shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties ..." Doesn't say "or his delegates." Seems like a slightly grey-area in that the delegation is staying within the Executive branch, but I would expect the Nondelegation Doctrine to be applied to treaty negotiation. However, I could certainly see VP Harris laying the groundwork for a rubber-stamp from Joe to make everything Constitutionally kosher.

Thanks for the clarification. I suspect that if she starts negotiations and they lead to results for the other parties, she will gain the clout she desires. Republicans in the house and senate will push back, by claiming she doesn’t have the power to conduct such talks, but as long as the house is controlled by Pelosi and the senate is controlled by (Well the VP) her initiatives will likely pass.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I think most of the serious stuff is worked out by the professionals. The President is just supposed to follow the script and smile for the camera. See post 14.

Harris and Biden are both just puppets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom