• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Please share, my work blocks streaming video.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Please share, my work blocks streaming video.

The oral arguments went about as well as I expected. Both the attorneys and the judges were on video. Callahan asked the most questions. Lee and Lynn only asked a few. My previous assessment of how they are likely to vote does not change based on the questions that were asked, although there are surprises.

They are going to archive the argument on the court's website so you can watch from home if you wish. It should be up by tomorrow.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    The oral arguments went about as well as I expected. Both the attorneys and the judges were on video. Callahan asked the most questions. Lee and Lynn only asked a few. My previous assessment of how they are likely to vote does not change based on the questions that were asked, although there are surprises.

They are going to archive the argument on the court's website so you can watch from home if you wish. It should be up by tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

Thank you.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

The former link posted is already live and available (just watched over the past hour).

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I am not a lawyer. So...

The pro2 a side seemed pretty well represented here.

Now, to quote Tom Petty... the waiting is the hardest part.

That said, I expect that if they find that 10rd limit is unconstitutional, it’ll take half a second for the state to request, and be granted, en banc.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    23 D between serving and senior, including the chief judge.
    22 R

11 seats on en banc, one automatic participate is the chief judge.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And of course we all know how this will play out since this has happened before, never mind that 9CA always seems to be the bastard child of appellate circuit and 95% time gets smacked down by SCOTUS. Geee am I being cyclical here noooo not meeeee :sarcasm:

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Imagine that.

Overturned en banc.

SCOTUS will deny cert.

Where have we seen this storyline before......

And of course we all know how this will play out since this has happened before, never mind that 9CA always seems to be the bastard child of appellate circuit and 95% time gets smacked down by SCOTUS. Geee am I being cyclical here noooo not meeeee :sarcasm:

We really do not know why the CA9 took the case en banc. They will almost certainly write a different decision. In the past they would have simply overturned the previous decision, but there is another possibility. The 3 judge panel did not really examine the evidence. The Court took longer than normal to decide for an en banc, they are requesting excerpts from the record, not just the brief, and the oral arguments are less than one month away. They may take a harder look at the evidence and find that it is not substantial enough to support intermediate scrutiny. We will know a little more once the oral arguments take place.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I wonder if the en banc will keep the part overturning the ban on possession of previously owned mags, but retain the state's ban on purchasing new mags.
    Continuing the ban on previously owned magazines seems like a surefire way to get cert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom