• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Looking for OEM Ruger Mini 14 standard capacity mags. Anyone know of any in stock in PA or VA?

Thank you

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Big Dogs may well have them, as above, but you WILL pay..................As in tied to a tree and done dirty price.

Used to like to stop in there before the panic as they had lots of stuff for a sane price. Now, they have lots of stuff at panic +++++++++++++++++++++ prices. I will likely never go back.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The Gettysburg show is this weekend. There is a vendor who sells mags of all kinds and he usually has some for the Mini-14. He had some on his table at York 2 weeks ago.

I believe his sign actually says 'Mag Man'.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Trop's up in Elizabethtown Pa. has stocked Ruger factory mags for the Mini any time I've been there. But call to verify if thinking of heading up that way, as I have not been there in over a year.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The Gettysburg show is this weekend. There is a vendor who sells mags of all kinds and he usually has some for the Mini-14. He had some on his table at York 2 weeks ago.

I believe his sign actually says 'Mag Man'.

This would be your best bet, I think. You just have to accept the fact that Ruger mags ain't cheap :rolleyes:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Try the Gun Bunker in Shrewsberry PA. Also Redding Hardware in Gettysburg PA

I've never been to Redding Hardware, but I've seen it mentioned many times. Is it worth a visit just to look around after the show? I have nothing specific in mind I might want there.

OP, to add to your list you may also want to check out Gettysburg Trading post east of town. I've bought quite a few mags there in the past.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    A couple of weeks ago a friend and I took a trip to VA looking for Mags. I was looking specifically for 20-round Ruger Mini-14 mags. Ruger brand - not any off brand stuff.

Went to Green Top in Ashland and Big Dog in King George and came up empty.

Last week I went back to Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana visiting family. I stopped at Cabelas in WV, and every gun shop and Rural King in IL and IN and came up empty handed. Found several 10/22 25-round magazines but could only find 5 and 10 round Mini-14 magazines.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    A couple of weeks ago a friend and I took a trip to VA looking for Mags. I was looking specifically for 20-round Ruger Mini-14 mags. Ruger brand - not any off brand stuff.

Went to Green Top in Ashland and Big Dog in King George and came up empty.

Last week I went back to Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana visiting family. I stopped at Cabelas in WV, and every gun shop and Rural King in IL and IN and came up empty handed. Found several 10/22 25-round magazines but could only find 5 and 10 round Mini-14 magazines.

Thanks all.. ^^ yep, same here,

I keep striking out.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I’ve paid new price for good condition used at gun shows just because I could get them. Frankly most used are barely used.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Trop's up in Elizabethtown Pa. has stocked Ruger factory mags for the Mini any time I've been there. But call to verify if thinking of heading up that way, as I have not been there in over a year.

Love Trops! I bet if you go up there you come back with more than mini 14 mags !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    For OP or anyone else who makes it to the Gettysburg show this afternoon... these were on the "The Mag Man's" table.

Foreground right, 1 Ruger Mini-14 30 round mag.
    Center right, 2 Ruger Mini-14 10 round mags.
    Center, 2 ProMag Mini-14 20 round mags.

Foreground left are 4 Mini-30 mags.

Prices are in the rear. The board will probably resize the image, let me know if they are illegible.

I can't speak to the reliability of the ProMags in the Mini, but I had bad experiences with them in a 1911 and do not recommend them unless you're willing to take a risk. (They were made of weak metal - pressure from a full mag on the feed lips would cause them to deform and bulge outward - leading to failure to feed and refusal to drop free until several rounds were fired or ejected.)

Attachments

• 20210306_162823-1.jpg
      20210306_162823-1.jpg
      72.2 KB · Views: 153

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    For OP or anyone else who makes it to the Gettysburg show this afternoon... these were on the "The Mag Man's" table.

Foreground right, 1 Ruger Mini-14 30 round mag.
    Center right, 2 Ruger Mini-14 10 round mags.
    Center, 2 ProMag Mini-14 20 round mags.

Foreground left are 4 Mini-30 mags.

Prices are in the rear. The board will probably resize the image, let me know if they are illegible.

I can't speak to the reliability of the ProMags in the Mini, but I had bad experiences with them in a 1911 and do not recommend them unless you're willing to take a risk. (They were made of weak metal - pressure from a full mag on the feed lips would cause them to deform and bulge outward - leading to failure to feed and refusal to drop free until several rounds were fired or ejected.)

I have heard of some people using ProMag and other non-Ruger factory magazines with success in the Ruger Mini-14.

I am definitely not one of those people.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have heard of MANY people who have had issues with anything other than Ruger factory mags.

I have a number of non-Ruger mags that work fine in mine rifles. But now, I just buy Ruger mags.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    I have heard of MANY people who have had issues with anything other than Ruger factory mags.

I have a number of non-Ruger mags that work fine in mine rifles. But now, I just buy Ruger mags.

Word is that ProMags for the Mini-14 and -30 can actually be pretty reliable if you replace the follower with a Ruger factory follower. Midway USA sells them for like 4 bucks. Pretty decent option to save some cash. Still wouldn't trust them for mission critical situations but fine for plinking.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Op here. Just returned from a fishing trip to Erie, PA. I hit several gun stores but no luck. There’s a big Sportmans ( I think that’s what it’s called) store similar to Cabellas there right across from Millcreek Mall. They had a section of just OEM Ruger accessories, but no Mini 14 mags. Virtually every kind of ammo EXCEPT pistol ammo, and .223, zero 9/45. What appeared to be several hundred shotguns, rifles, ARs, handguns, etc. on display.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I haven't had any luck seeing any Ruger factory mags (aside form a 5 rounder or two) anywhere since I lucked into a couple of standard capacity ones early last summer. I've been actively looking, but no luck anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom