• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Is anyone else having problems when typing a post the window disappears and the page scrolls all the way to the top of the thread page (& you have to scroll all the way back down to it), or the window disappears completely (& your post is gone) thus losing every GD thing you just typed?

Been having this trouble 100% of the time lately. BTW, using Ipad with Safari, been using this setup since 2017, and been having this issue for about a month and it’s gotten way worse. It was an intermittent problem, now it’s the rule instead of the exception.

Is there a possible combination of keys that I’m fat-fingering to make this happen? Or is the interface walking away from Safari or its updates?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There was something going with the desktop version of Safari this week where pages simply would not load on any site. It seems to be better now.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’d be in the middle of a long paragraph then, flash! Gone. The window is closed, the thread is closed, and I’m back on the user control panel or “new posts” main page. No record of any of the post I typed. This has happened several times this week, and the mid-post scroll up to the top has happened dozens of times in last 2 weeks. I always assume I did something wrong when things like this happen, but I’ve noticed now that it has happened while I sat there thinking and not typing, just - POOOF.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Compose in a text editor, then cut-paste into post and submit.

Doesn't solve your problem, but does allow getting your thoughts out onto the forum.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Not a fix, but maybe try typing in a Note first then copy paste to new post window. So you don’t lose everything until you find the root cause. I imagine that’s annoying.

I am slow posting on my phone it seems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Try clearing your cookies or your cache. I’ve been using a iPad Pro and my only issue is that sometimes I’m kicked out after I read an attachment to a post and find I have to log in again.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Try clearing your cookies or your cache. I’ve been using a iPad Pro and my only issue is that sometimes I’m kicked out after I read an attachment to a post and find I have to log in again.

This is good advice. ^^^

Clear cache
    Reboot
    Check the “Remember Me” block
    Sign in

Another thing you may want to do is change your browser from Safari to DuckDuckGo. DDG is working without issue. And Apple gives you the choice since iOS 14.2. DDG is in the App Store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom