• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What are the $$$ amounts people are putting or relaying to MSP to be able to qualify for a permit? I am curious as to the lowest amount. Also, what have been the equipment values people have been specifying?

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    5 months. Seems to be about the right amount of time to have your rights strung out. :sad20:

I applied 9/30. Phone interview a week later. An in person interview a week after that. The licensing division received the packet from the investigator on 1/23. Still waiting...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    What are the $$$ amounts people are putting or relaying to MSP to be able to qualify for a permit? I am curious as to the lowest amount. Also, what have been the equipment values people have been specifying?

I just asked my bank for a letter stating that I have accounts with active cash flow.

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Good luck. I mentioned it on my original application and on a request to modify my restrictions yet I still had to have an informal review to get it added. The lesson is, don't give up. If you get standard business restrictions and can justify more relaxed restrictions keep appealing.

Who do you request the review from now? Straight to licensing or other? Thanks. Have standard but have reasons for relaxed

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Who do you request the review from now? Straight to licensing or other? Thanks. Have standard but have reasons for relaxed

Write a letter to MSP licensing (on letterhead if you have business G&S) explaining what your current restrictions are and what you want changed and why. Provide as much supporting documentation for the change as you can. If you get a denial letter follow up by requesting an informal review.

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    I received my Disapproved yesterday. Now onto my informal review...

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    Are you in private practice? If not did you employer write a letter for you requesting the permit be issued?

Employer wants nothing to do with it unfortunately, but that's not where I need it. It's my pad at home and traveling with one that I'm concerned about.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Employer wants nothing to do with it unfortunately, but that's not where I need it. It's my pad at home and traveling with one that I'm concerned about.

From what most of us have seen recently it appears they won't issue without an employer letter (which probably must say you make deposits) unless you own the medical practice. I can only assume that is because you would likely be transporting the state of Maryland's "oh so valuable" taxable income if you own the practice. The permit is to protect the states money not your life. Very sad. :sad20:

y.pestis

Apr 2, 2013
    I got the call to schedule my informal review interview. Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I got the call to schedule my informal review interview. Any thoughts/experiences/suggestions?

Bring as much proof of G&S as you can. Get an employer letter even if you have to beg for it (heck even if it says they don't want you to carry at work but don't mid if you carry off duty). Bring sample narcotics or at least the packages and scrip pads so they will know why you want to carry. My pharmacist just told me yesterday that she had a gun stuck in her face in broad daylight in a busy shopping center where her pharmacy is located. Addicts know where to get drugs. Doctors, Pharmacists, and even Veterinarians are prime targets. You need to show a higher risk of being attacked than the general population. Spend every available hour between now and then researching crime statistics specific to your profession. Find statistics that show your profession is at a higher risk than the general population. Put all of your research together in a nice paper presentation. If all else fails open your own practice and re-apply as a business owner. You will be approved then for sure.

dbow

Apr 2, 2013
    Wonder when g&s would include being a teacher. With all the school shootings and "safe" zones under attack, I would like to hear MSP defend a worthless law. Fact is more teachers than cops are killed in school shootings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Wonder when g&s would include being a teacher. With all the school shootings and "safe" zones under attack, I would like to hear MSP defend a worthless law. Fact is more teachers than cops are killed in school shootings.

Mall employee, taxi driver, security guard, armored car guard, what about marijuana dealer since they are looking to legalize it? The list could go on and on. Most of the population is probably at higher risk than the MSP licensing division investigators.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013

the aforementioned are gun free safe zones...no crimes could ever be committed in these zones....

:sarcasm:

dbow

Apr 2, 2013
    Mall employee, taxi driver, security guard, armored car guard, what about marijuana dealer since they are looking to legalize it? The list could go on and on. Most of the population is probably at higher risk than the MSP licensing division investigators.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yup I think I got my G&S now, I'm a illegal alien who sells drugs, am married to my own sex, run an abortion clinic, teach at a private school for free and am also a convicted murderer on early release who needs a gun because it's my right. This might work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom