• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I submitted mine a month or so ago and was delivered right away with tracking confirmation. Check still hasn't been cashed. I guess I'm in for a long wait.

So mine was submitted in July and in November the check was cashed AFTER I called to ask about the status.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    Maryland ccw is the worst nightmare Didn't have to go through this many changes to buy a house or get a job.in the state .. They look for any Excuse to Deny you your constitutional right Maryland Governor should be ashamed of himself For not standing up for the rights of his citizens.. There's no hesitation in taking taxes or any other money from the citizens.. But they won't stand up for their citizens

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    This may have been answered somewhere else in this thread so I apologize ahead of time. I haven’t read all the pages because none of it really pertains to me per se (I know it’s something we should all follow because it has to do with our constitutional right).

My question is does anyone know if working as a realtor, or a school teacher justifies (through MSP’s eyes) a CCW permit? These two specific professions I think could be well served from carrying. I know public schools are far away from ever allowing this on their property, but what about if a private school teacher wanted it, and the employer allowed it?

Thanks in advance!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Working in Real Estate is a fairly popular (accepted) reason lately. You'll receive a restricted permit.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Maryland ccw is the worst nightmare Didn't have to go through this many changes to buy a house or get a job.in the state .. They look for any Excuse to Deny you your constitutional right Maryland Governor should be ashamed of himself For not standing up for the rights of his citizens.. There's no hesitation in taking taxes or any other money from the citizens.. But they won't stand up for their citizens

It has actually gotten much better. the process has been made easier. Before it was a handwritten notarized form with real fingerprint cards. Now it is an online for, with one stop at live scan for electronic prints and picture.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    There's no such thing as precedent, that's going to be the first issue....

"They know it when they see it".

This really is at the heart of the matter. The whole process is completely capricious, and it comes down to being willing to getting into a staring contest with the MSP, with the HPRB playing ref. Except the MGA has set us up to see the end of that, via OAH referrals. We'll shortly learn a LOT more about how all of that is going to look, as the first wave of victims trickles through that process.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    Thomas Jefferson was correct on part of it I don't think he foreseen the way societee would turn out that you got to protect yourself from your fellow man also

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Thomas Jefferson was correct on part of it I don't think he foreseen the way societee would turn out that you got to protect yourself from your fellow man also

Jefferson was a very well-read man, fully informed about human history. That includes not only being a student of the sort of organized tyranny against which he helped to write the Declaration of Independence... but also being a student of the longer history of the world. Which includes the feudal mayhem of the dark ages, and a fundamental understanding of local, face-to-face, one-on-one brutality. Which is one of the reasons he advocated for protection of your right to retain the means of personal self defense. And, when needed, the pooling of people with such rights, to act in collected self defense (as a militia, or more) should the need arise.

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    Received my restricted permit about a week before the 90-day limit. Now to send in my letter to the review board. Any tips before I send it out?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Does your letter have (just) a month up top or also a day noted?

If so, does the day jive with when it's reasonably likely they mailed it out?

Just wondering.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Mine had a date it was written and arrived a few days after that.
    Mine was about a calendar week, just wondering if there was consistency there.

Just a matter of deciding which way to go. I just went ahead with the HPRB, I didn't want to have to plead a case with MSP to just have them want to maybe change a few words. I'd prefer to take it right to the board.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Mine was about a calendar week, just wondering if there was consistency there.

Just a matter of deciding which way to go. I just went ahead with the HPRB, I didn't want to have to plead a case with MSP to just have them want to maybe change a few words. I'd prefer to take it right to the board.

It was noted in Maryland Matters that MSP has at least 22 appeals in to OAH as of when they published. If many of these are restrictions related, hope we can find out how they were decided. If MSP is sustained, save yourself two trips, that's my plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom