• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Last time this happened I made sure I turned off all our cellphones. And who names their kit “Prophet”?

Seems to have become a trend among that cultural segment to give kids a title as their first name. I have encountered people named Lord, Sir, King, Major, etc... I usually refuse to call them by first name and instead just use Mr. whoever.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    This probably should have been sent Thursday evening not Friday 430am.

I will say that I hope the child is safe. And I don’t know which parent he should be with either so it might be best he was taken. Who knows.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I have been awake since 4:30 this morning because of things and now I am less effective at my job

What idiot approved this?

The end result is that I didn't help find the missing kid because amazingly the kidnapper wasn't hiding him in my bedroom at 4:30am and now my alerts are shut off so I won't even know about the next one

Morons
    Yep, well played. My Amber Alerts are now disabled.

Mr H

Banana'd
    This is embarrassing.

We have a child, abducted in the night, from his legal custodian.

His estranged mother appears to have hired thugs to take the child, by any means necessary, in his underwear.

His father and grandparents were found in the broken-into home, beaten.

The child needs medication, and no one knows anything other than he was taken away in (my assessment) a Cherry Hill Special.

Who the F cares why he's named Prophet, Soothsayer, or Oracle?!!

This is embarrassing for our community.

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    This is embarrassing.

His estranged mother appears to have hired thugs to take the child, by any means necessary, in his underwear.

The child needs medication, and no one knows anything other than he was taken away in (my assessment) a Cherry Hill Special.

Like naming a girl destiny or some other stripper name. Bad decisions beget more bad decisions.

And stereotypes exist for a reason.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    This is embarrassing.

Exactly. People lost a little sleep. Meanwhile a kid is missing. I think you guys are going to be just fine.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    no land line, our cell phones are shut off when we go to bed. i'm not going to be any good to anyone at 2, 3 or 4am anyways, so if anything big does happen overnite, i'll deal with it in the morning.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Mixed feelings. It definitely was inconvienent for most people (I ignored it and went back to sleep until my alarm went off at 5) and I am really curious why it took over 5 hours to issue the alert. On the other hand, as the victim of a custody kidnapping when I was the same age I'm glad these exist. Even with no physical violence involved, there were lasting effects on my mother, grandparents, and me

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Exactly. People lost a little sleep. Meanwhile a kid is missing. I think you guys are going to be just fine.

Some people don’t get enough sleep as is

Waking everyone up doesn’t help get the kid back from one parent to another.

This horse shit of using amber alerts when one parent “abducts “ their own child has to stop also. Should be reserved for actual abductions.
    Words have meaning. Like calling everyone a “hero”. Destroys the word.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    This is embarrassing.

Agreed 100%. A little inconvenient for some and harrowing for a child.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Yeah, my phone turns itself off at midnight and back on at 5:30. I don't mind the alert but it didn't say anything that would help out unless you knew the family.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Some people don’t get enough sleep as is

Waking everyone up doesn’t help get the kid back from one parent to another.

Not everyone on the planet was sleeping when the alert went off. I was driving home from work on 695, and there were a heck of a lot of other people on the road who appeared to be headed to work. Any one of them could have seen something and reported it, but only if they knew about it.

This horse shit of using amber alerts when one parent “abducts “ their own child has to stop also. Should be reserved for actual abductions.
    Words have meaning. Like calling everyone a “hero”. Destroys the word.

Not even close to truth.

A non custodial parental abduction is an abduction, period. They don't all run off to live anonymous lives in Mexico or out west.. many result in death. Out of jealousy, control ('If I can't have him, neither can you'), mental crisis, whatever. I can count half a dozen cases from memory where a woman drove herself and her kids into a lake, river, off a cliff; or how about a guy stopping in the middle of a bridge to throw their toddler over the side?

Non-custodial parents sometimes lose custody for very good reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom