• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, $100 per 1000 shipped, I guess less than gb, but wow.

Doesn't help that it sounds like most primer manufacturers recently increased prices by about 25%. Just straight pass through on margins would mean street would be around $48-60 depending on the primers. Midway might be big enough they are buying direct from the manufacturers, but if they are also buying from a supplier/middleman that probably means a bigger markup still.

Of course not happy about it, but if primers normalizing around 10cpp means there IS availability, that is a hell of a lot better than $200-300 for a box. With loaded ammo being $.40-1.00+ a round, 10 cents a on a primer probably means you are still reloading a hell of a lot cheaper than buying commercial ammo. I'll of course hope prices come way back down.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Yeah, $100 per 1000 shipped, I guess less than gb, but wow.

I got the discord note and luckily had my phone all set up for my account and purchased a box. I have not received a ship notification or cancellation yet.
    previously, I'd have received a cancellation by now.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i'd keep tuned to midway, more primer drops this morning, same crappy price though and they limit you to 1k so can't spread out the shipping/hazmat charges.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Looks like Midway isn't selling primers by the case anymore.

I missed a drop of CCI 5000 box cases I think 2 days ago but I did get a notification today that Winchester by the 5000 was discontinued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leomort

Jul 31, 2020
    I also got notice from Midway that they are discontinuing notice for primers by the case. Only option is primers by the 1,000 and limit of one. Haz mat fees are going to hurt since can't spread out the cost.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They are thinning up the rationing as opposed to increasing price to spread the love.

If they increased the price more, there would be less rationing. But at 1000/ order (hopefully it’s also per day) they can minimize the flipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    I was lucky last week and got 1,000 SPP from them and it was about $100 after Hazmat and shipping. Got the email saying they were shipped. Didn’t have many so .10 a primer isn’t terrible at the moment

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My problem is that I don't even know where to look. I'm currently checking the following places:

Midway USA
    Natchez
    Grafs
    Powder Valley
    Midsouth

If there's some other place I should be checking, I'd be appreciative if someone could let me know. I'm not looking to hoard - I just need to be able to keep going once I run out of my current dwindling stock.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    My problem is that I don't even know where to look. I'm currently checking the following places:

Midway USA
    Natchez
    Grafs
    Powder Valley
    Midsouth

If there's some other place I should be checking, I'd be appreciative if someone could let me know. I'm not looking to hoard - I just need to be able to keep going once I run out of my current dwindling stock.

if you add brownells, those are all the places i check.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I wonder if they're trying to break the bots. Make a new item on a new page for the same thing...
    Midway stopped selling 5k primer packs. That's what happened. Gotta go to Papa Pete for those.

ETA: got another 5k SRMPs off Pete today. :)

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom